uniqs

swintec
Premium Member
join:2003-12-19
Alfred, ME

swintec to Ryan5315

Premium Member

to Ryan5315

Re: Sprint just changed my contract.. Off the hook?

said by Ryan5315 :

Hey JimThePCGuy; Really? Try and get an employer discount without signing a new 2 year agreement. Will not happen. Sprint ties us to a 2 year contract to get the discount, if they remove or change the discount we signed the 2 year agreement based on, they must remove the contract.

That is not how the contracts and plans are based on. What if you quit or got fired from your employer and lost eligibility to your discount? That is out of sprints control and independent of them. What if your employer severed ties with sprint? That is also out of their control. You signed the 2 year discount on the plan price.

bobjohnson
Premium Member
join:2007-02-03
Spartanburg, SC

bobjohnson

Premium Member

Thats why i didnt reply to the anon lol. Its right there in the contract excerpt above. They can change anything but the base rate and what you get for that price. The same applies for most any company with a term contract with few exceptions

AuraReturn
Premium Member
join:2003-08-18
USA

AuraReturn

Premium Member

said by bobjohnson:

Thats why i didnt reply to the anon lol. Its right there in the contract excerpt above. They can change anything but the base rate and what you get for that price. The same applies for most any company with a term contract with few exceptions

I hate it when they change without asking the customers.

Cabal
Premium Member
join:2007-01-21

Cabal to swintec

Premium Member

to swintec
said by swintec:

said by Ryan5315 :

Hey JimThePCGuy; Really? Try and get an employer discount without signing a new 2 year agreement. Will not happen. Sprint ties us to a 2 year contract to get the discount, if they remove or change the discount we signed the 2 year agreement based on, they must remove the contract.

That is not how the contracts and plans are based on.

Yes it is (with Sprint, not VZW or AT&T). My wife just signed up for her ~25% discount through IBM's corporate program and it extended her contract two years. Fortunately, she had only joined Sprint 2 weeks prior.