marco
Premium Member
join:2001-09-14

marco to navymaverick

Premium Member

to navymaverick

Re: [Cataclysm] An excellent post on LFR

said by navymaverick:

Agreed. Most games have a hard mode for a challenge. FPSs have online where you try to "kill" another player for bragging rights to prove you have overcome a challenge. Puzzle games get harder and harder. Sports games have stats built in so you can get better against tougher teams. Racing games have faster cars and faster opponents so your reaction times have to be more honed as the game gets harder with less room for error. If you want a game with limited challenge stick with color-by-number and connect the dots.

Edit: that was @ Marco

Just because cigarette companies keep making cigarettes, doesn't justify them, in my opinion. They are a business, they have a demand, they meet it.

navymaverick
join:2011-07-21
Papillion, NE

1 recommendation

navymaverick

said by marco:

said by navymaverick:

Agreed. Most games have a hard mode for a challenge. FPSs have online where you try to "kill" another player for bragging rights to prove you have overcome a challenge. Puzzle games get harder and harder. Sports games have stats built in so you can get better against tougher teams. Racing games have faster cars and faster opponents so your reaction times have to be more honed as the game gets harder with less room for error. If you want a game with limited challenge stick with color-by-number and connect the dots.

Edit: that was @ Marco

Just because cigarette companies keep making cigarettes, doesn't justify them, in my opinion. They are a business, they have a demand, they meet it.

Did you just totally miss the point? Either that or you just didnt actually care to think about the words you read. Video games ARE a challenge no matter how you look at it. I do not know why the hell you actually post on a forum for a game that has any level of challenge at all if you say that you do not like challenge as a form of entertainment. To say "I am scared to challenge myself because I do not think it to be entertaining. I will stick with listening to music becuse the challenging part has been done by someone else and I can sit back and enjoy." would be a totally acceptablr thing to say. Instead you said:
said by marco:

A guy who works at a power plant and takes his weekly football game too seriously is creating conflict for himself.

and
said by marco:

Games are for entertainment. Using them to feel like you're accomplishing something is unhealthy.

and
said by marco:

People who play games to overcome a challenge need to get a life.

Saying that blizz did the right thing by making the content more accessable is a fair statement and I actually agree with you. But your generalizing and suggesting that I am somehow fucked in the head because I choose to actually better myself in some way through challenge and I actually enjoy it is downright offensive, unacceptable and grossly wrong. Spew your trolling elsewhere unless you actually bring some intelligent arguement to the table.