antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4

2 recommendations

Thanks.

»www.adobe.com/products/flashplay···on3.html as well.

therube

join:2004-11-11
Randallstown, MD
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

3 recommendations

reply to NICK ADSL UK

Security update available for Adobe Flash Player - APSB12-03

This update addresses critical vulnerabilities in Adobe Flash Player ...

This update resolves a memory corruption vulnerability that could lead to code execution (Windows ActiveX control only) (CVE-2012-0751).

This update resolves a type confusion memory corruption vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2012-0752).

This update resolves an MP4 parsing memory corruption vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2012-0753).

This update resolves a memory corruption vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2012-0754).

This update resolves a security bypass vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2012-0755).

This update resolves a security bypass vulnerability that could lead to code execution (CVE-2012-0756).

This update resolves a universal cross-site scripting vulnerability that could be used to take actions on a user's behalf on any website or webmail provider, if the user visits a malicious website (CVE-2012-0767).

siljaline
I'm lovin' that double wide
Premium
join:2002-10-12
Montreal, QC
kudos:17

2 recommendations

reply to NICK ADSL UK

Beware of the usual Google toolbar offerings.

IE & Moz updated.

OZO
Premium
join:2003-01-17
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to NICK ADSL UK

Here is the way to make flash secure, that I use for last several years...
--
Keep it simple, it'll become complex by itself...

gugarci
Premium
join:2004-02-25
Lyndhurst, NJ
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to NICK ADSL UK

Come on I just finished updating 5 pc's with Java and MS updates. I wish Adobe had release this update earlier today.
As soon as I saw that the new Chrome version included a Flash update I knew the others would follow.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 recommendation

said by gugarci:

Come on I just finished updating 5 pc's with Java and MS updates. I wish Adobe had release this update earlier today.
As soon as I saw that the new Chrome version included a Flash update I knew the others would follow.

I wished they picked a different date/week!
--
Ant @ »antfarm.ma.cx and »aqfl.net. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use the forum! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer

GuruGuy

join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA
reply to NICK ADSL UK

Win 7 64 bit installed version shows in control panel as "Flash Player 32 bit"

Anyone else seeing this?
--
GuruGuy

Mele20
Premium
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI
kudos:5
reply to NICK ADSL UK

Why do I get a 404 error when I try to use this link?

hxxp://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

GuruGuy

Atlanta, GA

said by Mele20:

Why do I get a 404 error when I try to use this link?

hxxp://fpdownload.adobe.com/get/flashplayer/current/install_flash_player_ax.exe

Where did you get the link. Try one of the ones posted in OP's post.
--
GuruGuy

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31

1 recommendation

reply to Mele20

Better yet, use the link posted above by antdude See Profile:
»www.adobe.com/products/flashplay···on3.html

That's were I've been going for the last several versions and it's great! No extra junk included.
Oh, and thanks, Nick.
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.

gugarci
Premium
Lyndhurst, NJ

1 recommendation

reply to GuruGuy

Supposedly that's normal for the control panel to show the 32 bit version. Just make sure the add/remove section shows the x64 bit version installed. Doing my updates now.

RobinM
Premium
join:2001-10-24
Lupton City, TN
reply to NICK ADSL UK

Google Chrome? I am guess it will auto update at some point, yes? Otherwise how do I make it do so manually? According to the site I have version 11,1,102,55 installed.

gugarci
Premium
Lyndhurst, NJ
reply to NICK ADSL UK

It updated last night with a new version that also contains some other security fixes.
»googlechromereleases.blogspot.com/

Sentinel
Premium
join:2001-02-07
Florida
kudos:1
reply to GuruGuy

said by GuruGuy:

Win 7 64 bit installed version shows in control panel as "Flash Player 32 bit"

Anyone else seeing this?

Yes, check here...
»[WIN7] 64bit control panel Flash icon?

GuruGuy

Atlanta, GA
reply to RobinM

said by RobinM:

Google Chrome? I am guess it will auto update at some point, yes? Otherwise how do I make it do so manually? According to the site I have version 11,1,102,55 installed.

To check manually, click the wrench icon in the top right corner, then click the "about Google Chrome" link. A popup box will appear and say whether or not it's up to date. If it isn't it will update to the latest and then ask you to relaunch to finish the install.
--
GuruGuy

RobinM
Premium
join:2001-10-24
Lupton City, TN

said by GuruGuy:

said by RobinM:

To check manually, click the wrench icon in the top right corner, then click the "about Google Chrome" link. A popup box will appear and say whether or not it's up to date. If it isn't it will update to the latest and then ask you to relaunch to finish the install.

Thank you. I did as you suggested and it did update. Not sure why it isn't "auto" updating.

GuruGuy

Atlanta, GA

said by RobinM:

said by GuruGuy:

said by RobinM:

Thank you. I did as you suggested and it did update. Not sure why it isn't "auto" updating.

Not sure in your case, but I leave my Chrome open all the time and have noticed that sometimes it will not auto update, but if I close it and reopen it, it triggers it to update if there is a new version available.
--
GuruGuy

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

1 recommendation

reply to siljaline

said by siljaline:

Beware of the usual Google toolbar offerings.

IE & Moz updated.

Seems like everything nowadays comes with somebodies toolbar. Vigilance!

therube

Randallstown, MD
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL

1 recommendation

reply to Mele20

IE (ActiveX, ~3.5 or 8 MB respectively):

hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.exe
hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x_64bit.exe

Netscape (Mozilla, Opera & all the rest; DLL, ~3.5 or 8 MB respectively):

hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin_32bit.exe
hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin_64bit.exe

They are also available in MSI installer varieties (~4 or 9 MB respectively):

IE:

hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x_32bit.msi
hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_active_x_64bit.msi

Netscape:

hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin_32bit.msi
hxxp://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/win/install_flash_player_11_plugin_64bit.msi

Uninstaller (229 KB):
hxxp://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player_32bit.exe
hxxp://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/uninstall_flash_player_64bit.exe

The 64bit versions include both the 32 & 64-bit versions of Flash, but installer itself will only run/install on a 64-bit OS.
(So if you have a 32-bit OS, they will do you no good.)

»www.adobe.com/special/products/f···on3.html

Boricua
Premium
join:2002-01-26
Sacramuerto

1 recommendation

reply to NICK ADSL UK

Got it, thank you.

NICK ADSL UK
Premium,MVM
join:2004-02-22
kudos:16
Reviews:
·Zen Internet

1 recommendation

reply to NICK ADSL UK

1. Download the uninstaller for Flash Player

Download the correct Flash Player uninstaller for your version of Windows. (For assistance with this step, see How to determine whether a computer is running a 32-bit version or 64-bit version of the Windows operating system.)
32-bit uninstaller (229 KB)
64-bit uninstaller (229 KB)

»kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html
--
Wilders Security Forum Admin
Microsoft MVP - Consumer Security

therube

Randallstown, MD
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Verizon Online DSL
reply to NICK ADSL UK

From, Sandboxes are Overrated (Told You 4 Years Ago).

Exotic XSS bug in Adobe Flash controlled users' Web accounts

The universal XSS, or cross-site scripting, vulnerability is present in all versions of Flash, but was only being actively exploited in versions that worked with Microsoft's Internet Explorer browser. In a security bulletin, Adobe credited Google for discovery of the bug and warned it "could be used to take actions on a user's behalf on any website or webmail provider, if the user visits a malicious website." Representatives with Adobe and Google didn't elaborate on the in-the-wild attacks or the underlying bug, except for an Adobe spokeswoman saying Google first reported it on February 10. ...

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI
reply to therube

Thank you.

Beware! This update CHANGED my Global Storage settings and Privacy settings. I don't understand why the settings that are available in Start/Control Panel/Flash Player are different from what is available on Adobe's website. I always check both places after an update. At least, Adobe finally fixed the display problem for the Settings panel. That problem appeared when Adobe first put Flash Player in the Control Panel. It has taken all this time for them to fix it.
--
When governments fear people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. Thomas Jefferson

jabarnut
Light Years Away
Premium,MVM
join:2005-01-22
Galaxy M31

1 recommendation

said by Mele20:

Beware! This update CHANGED my Global Storage settings and Privacy settings. I don't understand why the settings that are available in Start/Control Panel/Flash Player are different from what is available on Adobe's website. I always check both places after an update.

As do I. And it's pretty typical that the settings are changed (or go back to 'default settings' just like they want it to), when a new version is installed.
Then again (as most here know), I'm an OCD kind of guy. I always COMPLETELY uninstall the old version of flash, using the flash uninstaller (which is generally the same version number as the latest version of flash, as far as I've seen in the past). Not only that, but I check for any other remnants, even after using the uninstaller.
Then, after installing the new version, I recheck my settings both in the relatively 'new' flash section in the control panel, as well as the good ol' on-line 'global settings manager'.
After all, it's stuff like this that gives me a reason to live.

Some people think I'm absolutely crazy and way over the edge. I suspect they're probably right.
--
I had a life once.....now I have a Computer and a Modem.

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to NICK ADSL UK

Someone highlighted this elsewhere but this should be pointed out - Adobe have changed the online settings manager.

Why do I say this ?

The URL did not use the name Macromedia previously, thus they are suspect.

kickass69

join:2002-06-03
Lake Hopatcong, NJ

The link I've had in my bookmarks to access the settings manager for a long time always had macromedia in it.

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC

Thanks for this, I was sure Adobe were pulling a fast one.

I have the link "out there" for some to have a look under the hood - once I know more - will post back.

Thanks for the observation on Macromedia.

Mele20
Premium
Hilo, HI

This is the link I have had for IE for a long time:

»www.macromedia.com/support/docum···l#117118

On Fx, the same link is slightly different. It is missing the "#117118" part.
--

siljaline
Premium
Montreal, QC

Noted Mele20 See Profile thanks for this.