join:2003-08-06
USA

1 recommendation

Libra to NICK ADSL UK

Premium Member

to NICK ADSL UK

Re: Adobe Flash Player 11.1.102.62 Final

Thank you Nick.

I used antdude's link and I used therube's link for the uninstaller, however the uninstaller said an error occurred and use the 64bit uninstaller. This is a Win 7 64bit pc but since the browsers are 32 bit, flash is 32 bit.

I instead used the control panel to uninstall flash and installed the 32 bit version of the latest flash.

Why would I need 64 bit flash if my browsers are 32 bit?

Sincerely, Libra
Mele20
Premium Member
join:2001-06-05
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

said by Libra:

Why would I need 64 bit flash if my browsers are 32 bit?

Sincerely, Libra

That's a good question! I'd like to know too as soon I will have get a new computer and it will be Win7 64bit but as you observed the browsers are 32bit.

planet
join:2001-11-05
Oz

planet

I believe you can install 64 bit browsers and then flash 64 would be needed. I too have win 7 64 bit running 32 bit browsers.

I use this link for the installers. Offer 64 and 32 bit for all browsers:
»www.adobe.com/products/f ··· on3.html
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

No 64bit Firefox. Is IE9 64bit? No 64bit SeaMonkey. I don't know off hand about Opera but I don't think there is a 64bit version of it either. Chrome/Iron I don't know but that is the most dangerous browser out there security wise so I dismiss it. It lets drive by malware try to install silently and if you don't have something like ProcessGuard your goose is cooked.
Libra
Premium Member
USA

Libra

Premium Member

Hi Mele,

I didn't check our laptop (Win7 64bit) which is the computer I tried to use the 32bit uninstaller on, but I imagine it's the same. My daughter's computer is a Win7 64bit (I had to replace our XP with it) and it has a 64bit and 32bit IE! I recall when we first got it and I installed the 64bit SunJava, it was in the control panel but not in the browser (I was using the 32bit IE). I removed SunJava and just left it off.

Win7 64bit has Program Files (which has the 64bit programs) and Program Files (x86) which has the 32 bit programs in Windows Explorer.

I'm using an old version of Seamonkey, so when we got the new laptop I installed PaleMoon. I believe it has 32 and 64 bit in the installer. It installed the 32bit version.

Sincerely, Libra
Libra

Libra to planet

Premium Member

to planet
Hi planet,

I used that link too for the installers. My problem was trying to use the 32bit removal tool to remove 32bit flash on a 64bit computer. I'm glad I was able to remove it from the control panel. I didn't even attempt it on our other Win7 64 bit computer, I just used the control panel. (I've never had this problem before.)

Sincerely, Libra
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20 to Libra

Premium Member

to Libra
Thanks! I used Pale Moon awhile back. I didn't remember it has a 64 bit version. I would try it on a new computer but I am planning on moving to Fx Enterprise version so I don't have to take part in Fx crazy six week new version stuff. (Enterprise version updates only once a year except for security fixes that are pushed when needed).

I'll have to try IE 9 64bit on a new computer.

coldmoon
Premium Member
join:2002-02-04
Fulton, NY

1 recommendation

coldmoon to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
said by Mele20:

No 64bit Firefox. Is IE9 64bit? No 64bit SeaMonkey. I don't know off hand about Opera but I don't think there is a 64bit version of it either. Chrome/Iron I don't know but that is the most dangerous browser out there security wise so I dismiss it. It lets drive by malware try to install silently and if you don't have something like ProcessGuard your goose is cooked.

In Windows 7 IE comes in both 32 and 64 bit versions. This is shown in the Start > All Programs menu where you have two choices for launching IE:

1. Internet Explorer (64-bit)
2. Internet Explorer

#2 is the 32 bit version...
Libra
Premium Member
USA

Libra to Mele20

Premium Member

to Mele20
Thanks for the warning about the online settings manager. In my Vista computer, although the control panel was set to deny everything it was allowing everything in the online settings manager.

Sincerely, Libra
Mele20
Premium Member
Hilo, HI

Mele20

Premium Member

It's sneaky for Adobe to have settings in both places and different in the Settings Manager you access at their website from the settings in the Control Panel. I'm glad you caught and fixed that on Vista.