spc
Search similar:

uniqs

delusion ftl
@comcast.net

delusion ftl

Anon

Always seemed strange to me

ATT has approx 100 million customers. The US does not have 100 million people in areas only populated by ATT/vzw signal. Why are users not flocking OFF ATT by the millions to more affordable and (apparently) less constrained service providers.
While the "coverage" red herring gets thrown around a lot and admittedly some users don't really have choice, the bulk of the 100 million would be just fine on other carriers. The 2 year price difference between ATT/VZW and the others (Sprint/Tmo) approaches 1000 dollars. For most of those 100 million 1000 dollars is significant.
Back in the old days when the iPhone was only on ATT and you could arguably make the case that it was the best device, I suppose there was some additional constraints, but it's been two years since even steve jobs himself recognized the iPhone as 2nd tier. And you can get the iPhone on a lower cost carrier (we'll ignore how it will bankrupt sprint over the 4 year contract).

elios
join:2005-11-15
Springfield, MO

elios

3 things
1. iphone
2. related to 1 long term contracts with high ETFs want that shiny new iphone well you have to renew your contract so a lot of people are stuck now
3. most people are just sheep and dont want to be bother to switch or dont know better again iphones

Metatron2008
You're it
Premium Member
join:2008-09-02
united state

Metatron2008

Premium Member

At&t has the hsdpa network as well, which is the fastest on the current 3g iphone. If the iphone was on tmobile, or we get a lte iphone you might find different results...

SimbaSeven
I Void Warranties
join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
·StarLink

SimbaSeven

said by Metatron2008:

At&t has the hsdpa network as well

Who cares if you can't actually use it.

Sure, I can claim to have an HSDPA (or LTE) network.. but if I only feed it with a few T1's or a T3, it won't matter.