how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Tom95134

join:2000-12-15
San Jose, CA

[Wireless] E4200 unable to connect to WMP600N

I have recently updated my PC from Win XP Pro to Win 7 Pro 64-bit. Obviously, new MB (ASUS P8P67 Rev3.0), new CPU (i7-2600 3.4GHz), New Graphics card. However, I retained the WMP600N because it was working 100% with good wireless speed.

During the upgrade I installed the WMP600N but because I did this before Win 7 was installed I couldn't run the Linksys CD first. When the system came alive it looked like the wireless connection was gong to be fine. I could see both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz links to the E4200. However, when I entered the Pass Key the connection failed.

I have updated the driver to the 64 bit version (Linksys web site) but still no joy. The E4200 is at V1.0.03. Linksys support has walked me through various revisions on the settings on both WMP600N and E4200 but still no connection. I still can see both the 2.4 & 5GHz links. If I configure a wireless network (Manage Wireless Networks) the system attempts to connect during startup but still fails.

I've been a long-time user of Linksys and Cisco products and this is the first time I've had this kind of problem. I'm tempted to order a new E4200v2 and a new WMP600N just to see if something on the WMP600N got cooked or if the E4200 is having a problem with this specific link. I have other computers connected using wireless and they work fine.

Anybody with any ideas?

Thanks.
--
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are
perfect."

San Jose, CA

mozerd
Light Will Pierce The Darkness
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-23
Nepean, ON

I suggest that you start from scratch. Do a hardware reset on your E4200 --- after the reset has been completed -- run the Linksys CD and go through all their steps. Once you have completed the reset etc. you will have to get all the other computers redone as well.

Tom95134

join:2000-12-15
San Jose, CA
reply to Tom95134

Problem resolved. For some reason the E4200 automatically placed the MAC address for the WMP60N in the Security list and since MAC security was enabled the adapter was blocked.

I've tried to remove it form the list but not successful yet. At least the basic problem of connectivity has been resolved.

Linksys (2nd tier support) found the problem. I'm a little embarrassed because I thought I had disabled MAC security.
--
"Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are
perfect."

San Jose, CA