spc
Search similar:

uniqs
buxbunny
join:2012-02-15
Montreal, QC

buxbunny

Alert! Radio Actif

Watch out, they have now been charging for excess bandwidth at 5$/1GB.
Also they have expensive plans!
40$ for 8M dl/760k ul, max 50Gb, can cost you 90$per month while there are other providers with unlimited bandwidth or 250Gb/month for the same price & less(dsl).
They have no margin, cause they are Videotron's reseller, no wonder!

I have cancelled with them and I urge all clients to verify their package against other package from other ISP.
ElectronicBox has excellent prices and they are always growing, therefor, I have confidence that they will be my last ISP, I hate switching, as I like to be a preferred and faithful customer.

Others in Montreal have also very good deals, that won't empty your pockets every month!

Also I don't understand why we accept how ISP contracts are so expensive compared to Europeans ISP.
Here it's like they sell you a car that can go 300 mph, but you can only ride 25 km with it each month, we should ask CRTC to oblige them to give the necessary bandwidth needed for the speed they sell period. By letting them cut down on services and not invest in their infrastructure to make it able to take all that bandwidth needed for the speeds they sell, they are hurting our economy, making millions of $, they should be the ones creating jobs, but instead they suck on our money and where you think all that money is going? I wonder....

Let's force them to create jobs by upgrading their infrastructure, and stop giving them so much income deductions, they have no right to get any if they can't help the local economy period!
InvalidError
join:2008-02-03

InvalidError

said by buxbunny:

Watch out, they have now been charging for excess bandwidth at 5$/1GB.

That should not be new, every TPIA ISP on Videotron had to charge that up to Feb 1. With the new tariffs that came into effect, all cable ISPs have or soon will update their rates, VIF simply has not done so yet and neither has TSI, which is quite a disappointment.
buxbunny
join:2012-02-15
Montreal, QC

1 edit

buxbunny

Well they had this policy for quite some time, but never did charged me before so I didn't really bother checking my bandwidth, but suddenly they did and I got caught not much though, only 10G twice in the last 2 months, musta been all those streams on Occupy movement i was following, I do not abuse and dl like crazy, we only watch clips on youtube, surfing and watching streams, that's it, never thought that would take that much
The thing is, I didn't have the proper tools to moderate myself, as they didn't even have my email to send those notices I was supposedly receiving, didn't even know my mail, so I was never informed of previous over charged that I had paid without asking questions as it was only a few bucks more, I didn't think it was that, I simply thought the taxes had changed and the bill went up a little.
My message is not to say they are bad ISP, on the contrary I had 4 years of excellent service with them, it's just unfortunate that they have no margin, as they sell cable the same price they pay from Videotron. If you like adsl, they are the one to think about, but I do not wish to invest anymore into hardware, I have all I need for cable and I intend to wear 'em out lol