uniqs

TwighlightLA
Premium Member
join:2010-07-03

TwighlightLA to OZZY7

Premium Member

to OZZY7

Re: [Snow] Chrome on OS X having a "fit."

Latest version of Chrome. I just updated today. The problem I am describing just started several days ago. So today when I first decided to see if I could resolve it before posting I checked to see if I had the latest Chrome. I did not. So I successfully updated to latest version but it had no effect on the problem.

I'll think about the LP and WOT uninstall and reinstall tomorrow.

FF is my default browser on my Mac and IE on my PC. I also have Safari on the Mac. If I eventually cannot fix or be emotionally be satisfied with Chrome's problem I'll just dump it from the Mac.

OZZY7
Born Again Atheist
Premium Member
join:2011-06-11

OZZY7

Premium Member

Going with what lordpuffer See Profile has to say. I'd lean towards blaming the WOT extension. It's a Mac, just go wherever you want. I do. Don't need no stinkin WOT.

TwighlightLA
Premium Member

TwighlightLA

Premium Member

I find WOT a valuable tool not to warn me from going to certain sites but rather in identifying sites whose information or "offers" and "deals" have been shown by numerous previous users to be false. Without that little tidbit one would not have any overt positive reason to disbelieve or mistrust what was state in what appeared to be straightforward and honestly. It also helps in a search list of sites to pick out the five good sites from the other five "bad" sites.
TwighlightLA

TwighlightLA to OZZY7

Premium Member

to OZZY7
Well I'm done. It's not fixable.

It can't be the WOT or Last Pass extensions because they have been there for a long time and it just started several days ago doing it. Nevertheless, I updated to the newest Chrome and the problem remains.

I've cleared the cache completely. Several times. Same problem.

Browser is set to open ONLY home page and Last Pass and WOT ain't it. The home page does load, and then the WOT and Last Pass.

When the problem started several days ago I checked my version of Chrome and it was not the newest. First thing I did was update to the latest version of Chrome.

I've played with the cookies of WOT and Last Pass to both either allow or block them with my cookie control program. No affect.

By the way I highly recommend Cookie Stumbler as an awesome cookie control program. Super efficient, super fast, super easy, and wipes all the "bad" cookies or allows you to selectively keep any of them you want. Wipes all cookies and all places on your computer, no matter how many browsers you have or whether or not they are open or closed. From the time you click to start the process to scan, clean and close its about 30 seconds.

OZZY7
Born Again Atheist
Premium Member

OZZY7

Premium Member

Have you disabled WOT only and seen if it still happens? If you haven't you can't say it's not WOT.

Buggy extensions are buggy extensions. It has nothing to do with the browser. And just because an extension works perfectly fine with Firefox doesn't mean it's not buggy on Chrome or Safari, and vice versa.

TwighlightLA
Premium Member

TwighlightLA

Premium Member

I disagree. If I disable the extension for either WOT or Last Pass then those extra windows do not open up with the opening of Chrome. (I noted that earlier I believe.) Nothing as changed been downloaded, etc. Just the behavior has changed.

But...its the same WOT and the same Last Pass extensions that have all ways been there. It only just started its spontaneous irritating action several days ago.

OZZY7
Born Again Atheist
Premium Member

OZZY7

Premium Member

Well, then it's clear to me that those two extensions don't play well together after a Chrome update or two. They either need to fix the extensions, working with each other or it makes the browser unusable for you. Too bad.

TwighlightLA
Premium Member

1 recommendation

TwighlightLA

Premium Member

Thanks for all of your input and attempting to help me resolve the problem. It is just as likely that one day it will go away as magically as it appeared. Thank goodness it doesn't affect my default browser FF or Safari either.

OZZY7
Born Again Atheist
Premium Member

OZZY7

Premium Member

Sorry I couldn't help. I use Chrome beta as my default browser and have for awhile. I'm generally happy with it. I do have to use Firefox at times as Chrome just isn't as rock solid stable as far as the way it handles certain web pages. This is probably due to some of the flags I've set in Chrome.

I'll say that Chrome support is a joke. Nothing like all the solid resources for Mozilla. It's too bad.