share rss forum feed

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
kudos:1
reply to frankpf3

Re: Are we ever going to get that Verizon Ipad Live TV Ap?

Please!

JayMan 007

join:2005-07-18
Richmond, VA
reply to LimoMan

said by LimoMan:

Just got Slingbox...WOW! This is great! Wi-fi is obviously better than 3G but the quality is INSANE! iPad and iPhone apps are nuts, full control and if you have multi-room DVR you can access any recorded shows from any box you hook the Slingbox up to!

Did you get the standard Slingbox or the HD version?

LimoMan
Premium
join:2005-07-23
Eatontown, NJ

HD Pro, it was $299...for me it was well worth it.

tongyang

join:2003-07-18
Alexandria, VA
reply to Onedollar

said by Onedollar:

This maybe around the corner before end of this month. Hopefully I dont pull a tjoe...

Well it's the end of the month now

Onedollar

join:2001-08-27
Pomona, CA
kudos:6

Guess i was wrong.. Ill post if i see anything further

tongyang

Alexandria, VA

No biggie, we're all used to being disappointed by Verizon by now. At least we have somewhat of a confirmation that this is still in the works, I guess?

joeg679

join:2011-01-10
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to prokkos

While the idea of having a streaming app like Comcast or Time Warner is nice, I don't really see the point of it, if you have to be in your home network to watch it. I guess it would be nice to bring the ipad outside and watch things, but I would rather have an app that works anywhere. I have Slingbox now and it works well, but I'd like something from Verizon.

celticpride

@verizon.net

I suppose if i get the new HD IPAD with verizons 4G as is rumored ,i''ll also have to get me a slingbox pro so i can watch my prigrams on the ipad!

frankpf3
Verizon Fios

join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

Watch Verizon is purposely waiting for the 4G iPad. They will say the app only works on the new iPad, forcing everyone to buy and pay for a 4G data plan.

bohratom
Jersey Shore is back again.

join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ
reply to prokkos

Anyone know if they are working on a pc app to do the same?

Would be nice to watch some fios from my laptop at times..

PhysicsGuy

join:2005-01-02
Nesconset, NY

said by bohratom:

Would be nice to watch some fios from my laptop at times..

Just got my slingbox pro-HD delivered today. Set it up no problem and able to watch on laptop/phone/tablet, whatever. Works well. Apps for phone/tablet are $30 each though.

mack1951
Universal Soldier

join:2000-04-18
Bayonne, NJ
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS

Should have got a Vulkano Flow from Moonsoon does the same thing as a slingbox but cost about half, the apps are also only $12.00 each and you can record what your are watching on the app. The laptop app is free.
--
THE ROAD: Romans 3:23, 6:23, 5:8, 10:9

kjgryz

join:2012-04-06
Seaford, NY
reply to prokkos

Any news forthcoming on this application? Has anyone heard anything?????

fioseller

join:2007-08-31
Lindenhurst, NY
reply to mack1951

I can do you 1 better. Hava works great and Apps are free.

kjgryz

Seaford, NY
reply to prokkos

Still haven't seen or heard a thing.. Whats Hava?? HDHomerun works..

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ
reply to LimoMan

Just bought my pro-HD refurb from Woot for $180

kjgryz

Seaford, NY
reply to prokkos

I really would have thought we would have this by now...

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
Allendale, NJ

So did alot of ppl.

RBost

join:2009-07-07
Richmond, VA
reply to prokkos

Vzzzz. seems to be asleep at the wheel. Their idea of innovation seems to be adding a new widget or adding a new .crap channel.
It is amazing how they are totally ignoring their Fios customers.

PaCK Fan

join:2012-01-19
Richmond, VA

and touting their customer service survey results while doing pretty much nothing to improve their customer experience i.e. no new HD, etc etc etc....

tongyang

Alexandria, VA
reply to kjgryz

Hey! This thread is back again

Anyway, Twitter Joe had this to say earlier this week...
»twitter.com/#!/FiOSTV/status/201···04674306

I check his twitter everyday just to see if he says anything about iPad streaming lol...

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

basically it means they're testing it on employees, which is good

prokkos

join:2003-11-14
Holmdel, NJ
reply to prokkos

Had this exchange on twitter with FIOS guys after he said he was being replaced. No Ipad ap any time soon....

Tweets

6h Verizon FiOS TV @FiOSTV
She'll be taking over tomorrow afternoon…
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

@FiOSTV can either of u give an update on when we will ever see this long delayed iPad ap; the one that was supposed to come out last year
Hide conversation
Reply Delete Favorite
5:12 PM - 17 May 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Details

6h Verizon FiOS TV @FiOSTV
@XXXXXXX Maitreyi can provide her point of view tomorrow afternoon, but still won't have dates to share... very sorry
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

siersema

join:2005-06-16
Huntington Beach, CA
reply to prokkos

I noticed a press release about "Verizon to Present on TV Everywhere" »www.marketwatch.com/story/verizo···12-05-22
""Verizon is committed to streaming high-quality video content for our FiOS customers - anytime, anywhere, on an array of connectable devices - allowing each to enjoy a borderless entertainment experience whenever and wherever they wish," Krishnaswamy said. "

So where is the iPad streaming application? I wanted to watch the NHL playoff last night but the wife wanted to watch DWTS finale! Guess who won? My son was watching a NBA game on our other TV!
So on this thread they say no time soon and in the press they say soon????

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:29

said by siersema:

So on this thread they say no time soon and in the press they say soon????

Given VZ's definition of "soon", those two statements aren't mutually exclusive.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

joe01880

join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA
reply to prokkos

I'm about to get a tablet and reading this thread maybe a slingbox too. Im on the fence with the new ipad or a transformer prime, maybe a sony s. So the sling box will work with either platform?

dmodert66

join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA

said by joe01880:

I'm about to get a tablet and reading this thread maybe a slingbox too. Im on the fence with the new ipad or a transformer prime, maybe a sony s. So the sling box will work with either platform?

Yep. There are apps for both Android and Apple.

tongyang

Alexandria, VA
reply to joe01880

said by joe01880:

I had a transformer prime before I returned it (hardware issues), but I can say that the Slingbox app work very well on both the prime and the iPad.

However, I want to warn that the other video streaming apps are generally not as good on Android. Especially the WatchESPN app, it's unusable on Android.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by tongyang:

said by joe01880:

I had a transformer prime before I returned it (hardware issues), but I can say that the Slingbox app work very well on both the prime and the iPad.

However, I want to warn that the other video streaming apps are generally not as good on Android. Especially the WatchESPN app, it's unusable on Android.

I have a Nook Tablet and run Android CM7 on it. The ESPN app works great, as do other streaming apps like HBOGo, Youtube, etc.

kjgryz

Seaford, NY
reply to prokkos

Verizon Wireless made 26 of its live FiOS TV channels available for online streaming on the Xbox 360. In a new report, GigaOM had the chance to sit down and talk to a Verizon representative at CES 2012, who said a similar app would be available for the iPad sometime this year. Verizon originally announced the streaming app about a year ago and a half ago, but the company held back from releasing it. Verizon accredits the hesistance to making sure networks have the same reliability as IPTV services so streams do not crash.

Verizon also rolled out a similar app to Samsung’s connected Blu-Ray players and televisions today. The iPad app will presumably be available free to those who subscribe to Verizon’s FiOS TV service. We look forward to seeing the app land sometime later this year. Obviously, this will only be available for paying FiOS customers.

This was in January???????????