how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tongyang

join:2003-07-18
Alexandria, VA
reply to kjgryz

Re: Are we ever going to get that Verizon Ipad Live TV Ap?

Hey! This thread is back again

Anyway, Twitter Joe had this to say earlier this week...
»twitter.com/#!/FiOSTV/status/201···04674306

I check his twitter everyday just to see if he says anything about iPad streaming lol...

Mike
Premium,Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA
kudos:1

basically it means they're testing it on employees, which is good

prokkos

join:2003-11-14
Holmdel, NJ
reply to prokkos

Had this exchange on twitter with FIOS guys after he said he was being replaced. No Ipad ap any time soon....

Tweets

6h Verizon FiOS TV @FiOSTV
She'll be taking over tomorrow afternoon…
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

@FiOSTV can either of u give an update on when we will ever see this long delayed iPad ap; the one that was supposed to come out last year
Hide conversation
Reply Delete Favorite
5:12 PM - 17 May 12 via Twitter for iPhone · Details

6h Verizon FiOS TV @FiOSTV
@XXXXXXX Maitreyi can provide her point of view tomorrow afternoon, but still won't have dates to share... very sorry
Expand
Reply Retweet Favorite

siersema

join:2005-06-16
Huntington Beach, CA
reply to prokkos

I noticed a press release about "Verizon to Present on TV Everywhere" »www.marketwatch.com/story/verizo···12-05-22
""Verizon is committed to streaming high-quality video content for our FiOS customers - anytime, anywhere, on an array of connectable devices - allowing each to enjoy a borderless entertainment experience whenever and wherever they wish," Krishnaswamy said. "

So where is the iPad streaming application? I wanted to watch the NHL playoff last night but the wife wanted to watch DWTS finale! Guess who won? My son was watching a NBA game on our other TV!
So on this thread they say no time soon and in the press they say soon????

More Fiber
Premium,MVM
join:2005-09-26
West Chester, PA
kudos:29

said by siersema:

So on this thread they say no time soon and in the press they say soon????

Given VZ's definition of "soon", those two statements aren't mutually exclusive.
--
There are 10 kinds of people in the world; those who understand binary and those who don't.

joe01880

join:2007-10-26
Wakefield, MA
reply to prokkos

I'm about to get a tablet and reading this thread maybe a slingbox too. Im on the fence with the new ipad or a transformer prime, maybe a sony s. So the sling box will work with either platform?

dmodert66

join:2007-04-02
Ontario, CA

said by joe01880:

I'm about to get a tablet and reading this thread maybe a slingbox too. Im on the fence with the new ipad or a transformer prime, maybe a sony s. So the sling box will work with either platform?

Yep. There are apps for both Android and Apple.

tongyang

join:2003-07-18
Alexandria, VA
reply to joe01880

said by joe01880:

I had a transformer prime before I returned it (hardware issues), but I can say that the Slingbox app work very well on both the prime and the iPad.

However, I want to warn that the other video streaming apps are generally not as good on Android. Especially the WatchESPN app, it's unusable on Android.

PJL

join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA
kudos:2

said by tongyang:

said by joe01880:

I had a transformer prime before I returned it (hardware issues), but I can say that the Slingbox app work very well on both the prime and the iPad.

However, I want to warn that the other video streaming apps are generally not as good on Android. Especially the WatchESPN app, it's unusable on Android.

I have a Nook Tablet and run Android CM7 on it. The ESPN app works great, as do other streaming apps like HBOGo, Youtube, etc.

kjgryz

join:2012-04-06
Seaford, NY
reply to prokkos

Verizon Wireless made 26 of its live FiOS TV channels available for online streaming on the Xbox 360. In a new report, GigaOM had the chance to sit down and talk to a Verizon representative at CES 2012, who said a similar app would be available for the iPad sometime this year. Verizon originally announced the streaming app about a year ago and a half ago, but the company held back from releasing it. Verizon accredits the hesistance to making sure networks have the same reliability as IPTV services so streams do not crash.

Verizon also rolled out a similar app to Samsung’s connected Blu-Ray players and televisions today. The iPad app will presumably be available free to those who subscribe to Verizon’s FiOS TV service. We look forward to seeing the app land sometime later this year. Obviously, this will only be available for paying FiOS customers.

This was in January???????????

rocks911

join:2012-06-05
Garland, TX
reply to prokkos

"Are we ever going to get that Verizon Ipad Live TV Ap?"

Not if there isnt money in it for verizon.

prokkos

join:2003-11-14
Holmdel, NJ
reply to prokkos

Nice - another announcement with Disney now launching a host of apps for iOS, but FIOS customers can't access 99% of the content.

And the FIOS live TV app? Vaporware, touted long ago, hinted at by FIOS Joe and 'in testing' for release any day now.....

frankpf3
Verizon Fios

join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

But Hey Your Rates just went up.

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

The FNC iOS app added live video from FNC and FBN a couple of weeks ago and Verizon is not offering access yet.

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

I just noticed that the FiOS Media Manager app on my iPhone got an update today that now allows live streaming of content.

This may be a step in the right direction to providing a full TV streaming app??

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
Premium,MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

said by DGGSLF:

I just noticed that the FiOS Media Manager app on my iPhone got an update today that now allows live streaming of content.

This may be a step in the right direction to providing a full TV streaming app??

Could be. Should only be another 5 years now then.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo

sdpadres

@lmco.com
reply to DGGSLF

what the name of the iphone app?

KCrimson
Premium
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY
reply to DGGSLF

said by DGGSLF:

Count yourself as lucky if you're getting the Media Manager app working. I've got fatal errors popping up on startup in all three of our installs - 1 in Win7, 1 in Lion and 1 in Tiger. The two OSX installs worked VERY briefly, the Win7 install I don't think EVER worked. I still don't understand why Verizon's implementation of streaming Youtube to a STB requires a PC/Mac client on the LAN, but that's another story.

DGGSLF

join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA
reply to sdpadres

FiOS Media Manager

rv81

@myvzw.com

Is this app going to be available on Android as well?

icemannyr1

join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ
reply to sdpadres

said by sdpadres :

what the name of the iphone app?

Verizon Media Manager.

Photoman15

join:2000-06-12
Brooklyn, NY
reply to prokkos

[This thread was on Page 3. It is too important to get lost]

What is taking them so long? I was at my brothers (Optimum) and used the app on my iPad. Worked really well. I could see many uses for it at home. I only have two TVs, 1 DVR, 1 STB and would be nice to be able to watch live TV in the kitchen when eating, or on the porch at night. Come on Verizon, don't let me think about switching to Optimum, please.....

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX
reply to prokkos

I'd give up if I were you.

Photoman15

Brooklyn, NY
reply to prokkos

"Never give up! Never surrender!"
- Commander Peter Quincy Taggert

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to prokkos

We'll see it before the year 2020

John W

join:2007-08-05
Springfield, VA

said by Jackarino:

We'll see it before the year 2020

I love an optimist.

Photoman15

Brooklyn, NY
reply to prokkos

Just found an article about the app that was released August 18th 2010!. It said the app is ready to go. It's other departments holding it up. How come TW and Cablevision were able to get okays from the broadcasters and not Verizon?

Here's the link to the article that will be TWO YEARS OLD tomorrow (the article):
»news.cnet.com/8301-30686_3-20014053-266.html

MacAlert

join:2005-03-16
Flushing, NY
reply to prokkos

I guess this is good news:

»www.engadget.com/2012/09/13/veri···for-ios/

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ

(Y)

Nezmo
Premium,MVM
Coppell, TX
reply to MacAlert

said by MacAlert:

I guess this is good news:

»www.engadget.com/2012/09/13/veri···for-ios/

Cool. Should only be another couple of years now then.
--
My Gallery
Formerly Nezmo