spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rocks911
join:2012-06-05
Garland, TX

rocks911 to prokkos

to prokkos

Re: Are we ever going to get that Verizon Ipad Live TV Ap?

"Are we ever going to get that Verizon Ipad Live TV Ap?"

Not if there isnt money in it for verizon.
prokkos
join:2003-11-14
Holmdel, NJ

prokkos

Nice - another announcement with Disney now launching a host of apps for iOS, but FIOS customers can't access 99% of the content.

And the FIOS live TV app? Vaporware, touted long ago, hinted at by FIOS Joe and 'in testing' for release any day now.....

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3

But Hey Your Rates just went up.

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1

The FNC iOS app added live video from FNC and FBN a couple of weeks ago and Verizon is not offering access yet.
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF

I just noticed that the FiOS Media Manager app on my iPhone got an update today that now allows live streaming of content.

This may be a step in the right direction to providing a full TV streaming app??

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo

MVM

said by DGGSLF:

I just noticed that the FiOS Media Manager app on my iPhone got an update today that now allows live streaming of content.

This may be a step in the right direction to providing a full TV streaming app??

Could be. Should only be another 5 years now then.

sdpadres
@lmco.com

sdpadres to DGGSLF

Anon

to DGGSLF
what the name of the iphone app?

KCrimson
Premium Member
join:2001-02-25
Brooklyn, NY

KCrimson to DGGSLF

Premium Member

to DGGSLF
said by DGGSLF:

Count yourself as lucky if you're getting the Media Manager app working. I've got fatal errors popping up on startup in all three of our installs - 1 in Win7, 1 in Lion and 1 in Tiger. The two OSX installs worked VERY briefly, the Win7 install I don't think EVER worked. I still don't understand why Verizon's implementation of streaming Youtube to a STB requires a PC/Mac client on the LAN, but that's another story.
DGGSLF
join:2007-04-14
Lynn, MA

DGGSLF to sdpadres

to sdpadres
FiOS Media Manager

rv81
@myvzw.com

rv81

Anon

Is this app going to be available on Android as well?

icemannyr1
join:2001-04-11
Township Of Washington, NJ

icemannyr1 to sdpadres

to sdpadres
said by sdpadres :

what the name of the iphone app?

Verizon Media Manager.

Photoman15
join:2000-06-12
Brooklyn, NY

Photoman15 to prokkos

to prokkos
[This thread was on Page 3. It is too important to get lost]

What is taking them so long? I was at my brothers (Optimum) and used the app on my iPad. Worked really well. I could see many uses for it at home. I only have two TVs, 1 DVR, 1 STB and would be nice to be able to watch live TV in the kitchen when eating, or on the porch at night. Come on Verizon, don't let me think about switching to Optimum, please.....

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to prokkos

MVM

to prokkos
I'd give up if I were you.

Photoman15
Brooklyn, NY

Photoman15 to prokkos

to prokkos
"Never give up! Never surrender!"
- Commander Peter Quincy Taggert

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to prokkos

Premium Member

to prokkos
We'll see it before the year 2020
John W4
join:2007-08-05
Springfield, VA

John W4

said by WK2:

We'll see it before the year 2020

I love an optimist.

Photoman15
Brooklyn, NY

Photoman15 to prokkos

to prokkos
Just found an article about the app that was released August 18th 2010!. It said the app is ready to go. It's other departments holding it up. How come TW and Cablevision were able to get okays from the broadcasters and not Verizon?

Here's the link to the article that will be TWO YEARS OLD tomorrow (the article):
»news.cnet.com/8301-30686 ··· 266.html
MacAlert
join:2005-03-16
Flushing, NY

MacAlert to prokkos

to prokkos
I guess this is good news:

»www.engadget.com/2012/09 ··· for-ios/

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

(Y)

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to MacAlert

MVM

to MacAlert
said by MacAlert:

I guess this is good news:

»www.engadget.com/2012/09 ··· for-ios/

Cool. Should only be another couple of years now then.
Expand your moderator at work
kjgryz
join:2012-04-06
Seaford, NY

kjgryz to Nezmo

to Nezmo

Re: Are we ever going to get that Verizon Ipad Live TV Ap?

Want to know the definition of frustration? Try being teased with a FiOS TV app that supports live streaming, only to be denied when the app shows up. The end to that (admittedly mild) form of torture may be in sight. Engadget has learned through a tip that Verizon is sending invitations among a limited group to test a new FiOS TV iOS app with the usual schedule browsing, DVR control... oh, and live TV. Flex View On Demand videos and local media should be on tap as well, although it's not clear whether or not any of the options will require an active link to Verizon's fiber or cellular networks to watch. The trial leaves some time to go before we're tuning in through a bedside iPhone 5; even so, it suggests the gap between hope and reality is about to close.

RaininginDC
@dhs.gov

RaininginDC

Anon

I got tried of waiting for the app myself and invested $99 in a Monsoon Vulkano streamer. Best $99 I have spent. Of course, the problem is that it streams the same feed to all the connected devices, so everyone has to watch the same thing, but I am the only one in the house using it. But I did travel for work recently and it worked great being 1,000 miles from home.

Still would be interested in the FiOS app, but am afraid that the amount of available channels will be limited.

Nezmo
MVM
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to kjgryz

MVM

to kjgryz
said by kjgryz:

Want to know the definition of frustration? ...

Yes, that was in the link above.

Don't get your hopes up. In Verizon's world this is likely a year off.
dcborn61
join:2001-02-14
Bethesda, MD

dcborn61 to kjgryz

to kjgryz
said by kjgryz:

Want to know the definition of frustration? Try being teased with a FiOS TV app that supports live streaming, only to be denied when the app shows up. The end to that (admittedly mild) form of torture may be in sight. Engadget has learned through a tip that Verizon is sending invitations among a limited group to test a new FiOS TV iOS app with the usual schedule browsing, DVR control... oh, and live TV. Flex View On Demand videos and local media should be on tap as well, although it's not clear whether or not any of the options will require an active link to Verizon's fiber or cellular networks to watch. The trial leaves some time to go before we're tuning in through a bedside iPhone 5; even so, it suggests the gap between hope and reality is about to close.

Got tired of waiting too and just got the TiVo Stream. Can now watch any FiOS channel anywhere in the house. Oh, and download any program (not copy-protected) to iPhone or iPad. Verizon better move, or my one FiOS DVR will soon be replaced with a 2nd TiVo.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to prokkos

to prokkos
What a Joke.
kjgryz
join:2012-04-06
Seaford, NY

kjgryz

How are the trials going?????? Any chance of this showing up by the Holidays??? LOL

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to prokkos

Premium Member

to prokkos
FIOS does not have an iPad app?

Wow
prokkos
join:2003-11-14
Holmdel, NJ

prokkos

Its actually my biggest complaint and disappointment about FIOS.

They have iPhone/iPad apps, its actually a little convulated in that they have a few apps, some of which open each other to accomplish tasks like scheduling DVR options. But whatever, they accomplish the basic goals of scheduling, listings, etc. They are fairly useless for other tasks like finding a simple listing of On Demand choices that is similar to their TV interface.

But they still have not released an app for live tv viewing, even after announcing it and showing it off 2 years ago. Cable companies, Comcast in particular, have had this for a while. Verizon has made some efforts at least in enabling media companies to use their apps for live viewing, ESPN for example, but have not enabled others like Disney for FIOS customers yet.

Even more frustrating, complaints on Twitter simply get a responce that you should post your suggestions on the Verizon new products message board - as if delivery of a product that everyone else has and Verizon promised years ago, really needs to be a new suggestion. And to top it off, any sort of criticism as to why the app has not yet been delivered on their boards gets deleted with an email warning that you face a ban for inappropriate content.

I'd switch to Comcast if they had a better service offering in my area - but central NJ is still a backwater as far as their system is concerned without even a multi room DVR offering yet.

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman

Premium Member

said by prokkos:

They have iPhone/iPad apps, its actually a little convulated in that they have a few apps, some of which open each other

. LOL.. It reminds me of the line from a current TV ad "this is a car of many buttons"