uniqs

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 recommendation

Sunny to signmeuptoo94

to signmeuptoo94

Re: [Chat] OR will this be ickypoo?

Go for it and know we're on your side. Don't let the job search get you down. It's tough for almost everyone whether they have a recent work record or not.

I saw a miracle there for my daughter a year or go. Praying for same for my son now, as well as for you and Papa Bill.

I am a firm believer in responsible action. Working toward changing things in your life is responsible action and does wonders for mental health.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Amen.

BTW, I am volunteering a couple days a week teaching computer skills to the disabled. It is a chance for me to interact with others, feel some purpose, and give to back to the community. It's not a big deal, really, just helping folks that don't know, for instance, that the F keys are not number keys. The aptitude of those I am helping varies, but it is a wonderful feeling helping folks. I must have been a counselor in a previous life, because I love doing nurturing things for others, it really makes me happy.

They don't want me working or going to school full time yet, even though my enthusiasm has ME wanting to do so.

But I must tell everyone, the pang of pain over the loss of my dad and Dave still hurts, I thought by now I'd be fine, but every time I remember them I wince a little. Dave's grave needs a nice headstone, one of my goals is to buy him one, and visit him whenever I can. I miss that big dude.

Last night Alain and I had a lovely chat about the future and our dreams. She is a lot of fun to dream with, and for that matter, she IS a dream, a dream come true, the most wonderful girl in the world (or, uhm, all you gals here are too!)

I want to start in summer school but we don't know if that will happen. I will probably have to take algebra II again since I am so rusty. I am hoping that one day, I write some of my own code and create some sort of business that makes jobs for people. Since going on medicine doesn't let my mind run wild with endless ideas like it used to, being creative isn't as natural, but I still get the occasional inspiration.

I am also looking at regaining some skill with the guitar. When I was a kid I was barely capable enough that I played in a couple bands (but you know, I think I sucked). I have a loner, it isn't a "good" guitar, more of a cracked, bowed, intonation challenged thing, but I've known some phenomenal musicians in my life, and every single one of them could make a bad instrument sound good, in fact, it is kind of a good idea to learn on a cheap instrument and learn how to compensate before buying a Gold Top 59 Gibson Les Paul, IYKWIM...

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

1 recommendation

squirt

MVM

That volunteer work sounds wonderful. A win-win situation since everybody involved gets something out of it.

PeteC2
Got Mouse?
MVM
join:2002-01-20
Bristol, CT

PeteC2

MVM

said by squirt:

That volunteer work sounds wonderful. A win-win situation since everybody involved gets something out of it.

Second that!

Besides, volunteer work, and other endeavors that take you out into the public can surprisingly often present opportunities that you might never have been exposed to otherwise.

The more you are out of the house, and plugged into the community around you, the more likely good things may come your way.

This is true for all those who may be suffering unemployment due to this economy; when others see you out and about your daily business, you are "networking", and never know when someone may have an opportunity...just being "seen" can do wonders!

***Despite what some might say, opportunity almost never comes a'knocking whilst sitting on your couch! (sorry Icky! )

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

1 recommendation

Icarus

Mod

said by PeteC2:

***Despite what some might say, opportunity almost never comes a'knocking whilst sitting on your couch! (sorry Icky! )

He said COUCH!!!

simplykristi
Cancer Sucks
Premium Member
join:2001-11-28
Blue Springs, MO

simplykristi to signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

to signmeuptoo94
I was unemployed for four years before I got hired by the US' biggest retailer. I want to work another six months there and then move on to a nicer retailer.

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

2 recommendations

Santa Fe

I used to work for a retailer, but they fired me, the darned tails kept falling off!

usa2k
Blessed
MVM
join:2003-01-26
Westland, MI

1 recommendation

usa2k

MVM

Re: [Chat] OR will this be ickypoo?

said by Santa Fe:

I used to work for a retailer, but they fired me, the darned tails kept falling off!

Was that a donkey retailer?
That pin and blindfold gets tricky

I can relate to the movie A Nights Tale with the theme of changing ones stars. I wish you the best signmeuptoo. Seems there is plenty of opportunity, but the way to it is not always clear. The key is to pursue each dream as far as you can, and make the best of each experience.

The volunteering - and other avenues of networking will take you places you can never pre-plan. Besides doing good for others, it might open more doors. Prayers for your future outlook sent on high.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94

Premium Member

Though the volunteering I don't do for any benefit, not seeking to get anything out of it, except that it makes me feel good helping people. It really isn't a big deal, anyways, it's not like I am going out building a nice house for a family down on their luck. (though I really wish I COULD be so useful!)