Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mofoo

join:2007-10-27
Burlington, ON

[DSL] Tempted to leave TSI because I hate Bell

Hi all,
Maybe someone can talk me down from this but I am SO tempted right now to just eat it and switch to Cogeoc cable. My internet connection has been down for the third day now and I'm just getting the runaround from Bell. It suddenly went down on Tuesday and I found out the line had been set to 14mb which put it at 103% capacity. TSI put in a ticket to Bell and it fell apart from there. It was put back to 12 but I still had no internet. Then TSI told me Bell tried to contact me to set up an appointment, but I have no records or voicemail from them calling me.
Last night I called back and tried to resolve again. TSI got me to wire up a line (no jack at my demarc so I had to splice wires) to ensure nothing is wrong in my house. Nothing has changed inside and that was confirmed. Later I called back and the next tech told me my line profile was somehow DSL instead of vDSL so it sounds like Bell has screwed something up for no reason whatsoever.
I call again today to set up an appointment and with even more miscommunication and restrictions I have to suddenly leave work to be home for the appointment between 1-6pm today.

This also happened at my previous residence as was in fact much worse. At least 4 different service appointments with Bell to try to fix the same type of issues.

UGH.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
Hey mofoo See Profile

If you have any issues with the dispatch today, please let me know. I'll jump into the case & make sure it gets fixed once & for all.

Martin
--
TSI Martin (Escalations) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »»TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

InvalidError

join:2008-02-03
kudos:5
reply to mofoo
said by mofoo:

Later I called back and the next tech told me my line profile was somehow DSL instead of vDSL so it sounds like Bell has screwed something up for no reason whatsoever.

12/1 or 14/1 would be ADSL2+ profiles, not ADSL1 nor VDSL2 unless you took the 7Mbps upload option... something does not read right no matter which way I read it.

Chuck sTruck

@teksavvy.com
reply to mofoo
There's no reason for Bell to show up if you have a phone line. Putting in a potts splitter doesn't change a whole lot but it's good to have. Looks like you signed up for 12/1 adsl2+ internet and by some fluke Bell actually tried to synch you at 14/1 instead of 12/1. People have been putting in tickets to get their synch level raised to 14/1 and 19/1 on the 12 and 16 meg profiles. I don't know where you get vdsl from when you signed up for adsl2+ not vdsl.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON
kudos:10
Reviews:
·WIND Mobile
·Start Communicat..
said by Chuck sTruck :

Looks like you signed up for 12/1 adsl2+ internet and by some fluke Bell actually tried to synch you at 14/1 instead of 12/1.

That's what B#ell does for its own customers, so doing it for indies is called "matching speeds", not a "fluke".

said by Chuck sTruck :

People have been putting in tickets to get their synch level raised to 14/1 and 19/1 on the 12 and 16 meg profiles.

And well they should, but the changes should only happen if the line can handle it. Doesn't look like that's the case here.

Mike
--
Cogeco - The New UBB Devil -»[Burloak] Usage Based Billing Nightmare
Make The Switch - »openmedia.ca/switch

mofoo

Burlington, ON
reply to Chuck sTruck
Yea I really have no idea what's going on.
The line is set to 12 but I either have no Internet or very very slow (speediest this morning was 2.3mbit down, back in nov I got 13)

Martin thanks. I guess I have to wait for the bell tech to show up before we can do anything else right? It sounds like its something on their end so I don't know why they have to come out. Kills me.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
Just keep me in the loop & if it's still not working, send me a PM TSI Martin See Profile

heyyahblah

join:2009-02-01
Mississauga, ON
reply to Chuck sTruck
said by Chuck sTruck :

There's no reason for Bell to show up if you have a phone line. Putting in a potts splitter doesn't change a whole lot but it's good to have. Looks like you signed up for 12/1 adsl2+ internet and by some fluke Bell actually tried to synch you at 14/1 instead of 12/1. People have been putting in tickets to get their synch level raised to 14/1 and 19/1 on the 12 and 16 meg profiles. I don't know where you get vdsl from when you signed up for adsl2+ not vdsl.

indeed, BELL has been very lazy about that. They've been setting people on 12MEG and 16MEG profiles respectivly and not applying the overhead for TSI like they do with their own customers. Instead we have to put in tickets to raise it.

mofoo it could be someone simply screwing up at BELL. I had a problem with them as well but TSI straighted it out.

First I had a great 6/800 profile at a CO. Which was amazing. Even for DSL2 with BROADCOM at the CO. YAY (full upload sync) Then they decided to move me to a remote and synced me at 12/1 on top of taking me off the CO to a dreaded IKNS remote. I wanted to compensate for the overhead loss and get 14/1.

Tek puts in a ticket and BELL drops me to 6000/512k interleave. Then for 2 days they argue with TSI saying thats the best my line can get. Until TEKSAVVY calls them back and tore them a new asshole saying buddy he was on that profile before and his line can support 25/7 so put him back.

56 minutes later after TSI tears them a new one ... what you know profile syncs back to 14/1. But, I only get 824k up because some idiot at BELL decided to take me off the BROADCOM CO and drop me on an IKNS remote, when I can show you linestats the CO was 384m loop length from my house. Which is ridicilous. Shows you what BELL knows. Seriously. The IKNS remote has a further loop length 700m from my CO connection, so figure that one out how stupid BELL really is.

Teksavvy was amazing with this. Its not their fault. They have to deal with the incompetence of the BELL & ROGERS people who are dumb dumbs, and like to play games. 2 days run around TSI telling them my profile is crap and can't handle anything better when they moved me from a CO to a crappy REMOTE. Like? Goes to show you their incompetence level.

I think Teksavvy is really good, considering the bullshit they have to put up with (such as BELL & ROGERS) and fustrated customers like us.

Anyways, I hope it works out for you. They did their best to fix my problem and it worked!!
--
Larry, Larry Laugher .. hehe

mofoo

Burlington, ON
heyyahblah: Definitely TSI has excellent service and extremely knowledgeable staff but they are prisoners to Bell e.g. they have no control over the underlying infrastructure, which is why I am tempted to switch. My family depends on the internet for work, voip phone and entertainment so stability is very important. DSL seems very flaky compared to cable. Of course if TSI could provide cable in my area, I would stick with them without a doubt

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON
reply to heyyahblah
+1 good post heyyahblah

rik555

join:2012-02-16
Windsor, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..

1 edit
reply to mofoo
seriously, I'm NOT impressed with Teksavvy's (Robber's-based) Cable at all.
during "prime-time" haha, GL with Cable-crap.
as far as DSL, or even Cable ?, well what can I say, where are you gonna go ?
DSL may not be as "fast" in spurts?, but I was with DSL for 5 years, I recently switched to Cable, (...hope against hope...) and , well as usual, it(Cable) SUKS during prime-time, and let's face it, it always has.
oh ya?. -prove me otherwise. -comon.
DSL, is a little more expensive, DSL is a bit slower, but for "most" things it's BW is stable/solid/guaranteed, unlike "Robber's" Cable-internet.
Now, dealing with Bell admin's/Billing./..., is like dealing with self-inflicted g-shot wounds, -aka, nobody feels for 'ya, but everyone else is a shrink for 'ya -at a price.
-Lol.
I suggest, stay with DSL even if you have to go to "other" providers.

heyyahblah

Mississauga, ON
reply to mofoo
said by TwiztedZero:

+1 good post heyyahblah

Thank you sir.

said by mofoo:

heyyahblah: Definitely TSI has excellent service and extremely knowledgeable staff but they are prisoners to Bell e.g. they have no control over the underlying infrastructure, which is why I am tempted to switch. My family depends on the internet for work, voip phone and entertainment so stability is very important. DSL seems very flaky compared to cable. Of course if TSI could provide cable in my area, I would stick with them without a doubt

Well I hope it works out for you. To be quite honest, DSL is pretty reliable and stable for the most part once they work out the stupid kinks with the line. Usually the problem is either the distance to the REMOTE or CO or the connection in the home, either internal wiring, or someone at BELL or BELL's 3rd party does a shitty job at installing a DRY LOOP, I've heard this numerous times that people have to end up fixing their own dry-loop because the tech did a piss-poor job in wiring it in.

Ususally in the suburbs you should get a fairly good connection like Missisauga, Oakville, the areas usually have decent CO's or remotes nearby.

If they figure out the line issues for you I'm sure you would have a stable 12meg connection 100% of the time. For me the only down time I ever had with DSL is when Teksavvy was doing maitenence or one of their junipers crashed or whatever, otherwise the service has been for the most part I would say 98% reliable and consistant.

Not to mention the awesome Tech Support and CAP that they provide makes me stay with them that extra mile. Hell it was so good for me that I made my mom get rid of her cable connection because ROGERS DID NOT GRANDFATHER anything, not even the price.

So they charing 35.99 for 3/256k cable connection from Robbers just to knock off modem rental. I said hell with that. Teksavvy starter kit from Canada Computers $74 got the ST516 modem and 1 month free and got 6/800 DSL from Teksavvy, for my mom just the fact that their service is so much better, even though now with taxes the price difference is only $2.

I feel better that shes with tek
--

heyyahblah

Mississauga, ON
reply to rik555
said by rik555:

seriously, I'm NOT impressed with Teksavvy's (Robber's-based) Cable at all.
during "prime-time" haha, GL with Cable-crap.
as far as DSL, or even Cable ?, well what can I say, where are you gonna go ?
DSL may not be as "fast" in spurts?, but I was with DSL for 5 years, I recently switched to Cable, (...hope against hope...) and , well as usual, it SUKS during prime-time.
oh ya. -prove me otherwise. -comon.
DSL, is a little more expensive, DSL is a bit slower, but for "most" things it's BW is stable/solid/guaranteed, unlike "Robber's" Cable-internet.
Now, dealing with Bell admin's/Billing./..., is like dealing with self-inflicted g-shot wounds, -aka, nobody feels for 'ya, but everyone else is a shrink for 'ya -at a price.
-Lol.
I suggest, stay with DSL

Indeed thats my only thing. For everyone that asks me I recommend Teksavvy DSL's service, and for the most part with these new plans now, 12 and 16 meg seem to be to best for the people I suggest it too, except for a few of my photography buddies that are liking the 25/7 offering since they need to upload 7 meg .jpg's to clients and so forth ....

Indeed, because of ROGERS crap and I can imagine COGECO when they come on the market will be even worse!!! I recommend DSL because if your line is good its the best connection you will get.

And I love the fact that TEKSAVVY offers POTS splitter connection by a professional now on these new tiers to eleminate the possibilty of internal wiring issues and bullshit that comes up so its a straight solid connection from modem to demac to CO/REMOTE .... with that I am very much so impressed considing we have to eat up the $95 fee.

So yea, having the mind at ease with a POTS is grand too!!
--

rik555

Windsor, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
I know -Lol.
I'm now about to eat up my recent $100 D3 cable modem loss, and then swallow another $95 scrotum apitectomy, just for switching from Cable to DSL. (I swear, Bell and Roger's are both in on it -oh wait, they ARE ! -Lol)
I'm still sticking with Teksavvy though, 'cause I HATE Bell/Rogers' that much, but I actually thought (being that the year is 2012), Robber's would get online here finally. ?!
I dunno about anything anymore, it's all nutz, with isp's in Canada, these days.
Thank gawd I still have my Speedtouch *DSL 780WL, just in case

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON
and Vic Toew's wants to know everything about everybunny in the deal.

rik555

Windsor, ON
reply to mofoo
who 'da hik is Vic Toew ?, Vic's Towing Sevice ?, -ya, they're not bad.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium
Toronto, ON