share rss forum feed

mofoo

join:2007-10-27
Burlington, ON
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
reply to heyyahblah

Re: [DSL] Tempted to leave TSI because I hate Bell

heyyahblah: Definitely TSI has excellent service and extremely knowledgeable staff but they are prisoners to Bell e.g. they have no control over the underlying infrastructure, which is why I am tempted to switch. My family depends on the internet for work, voip phone and entertainment so stability is very important. DSL seems very flaky compared to cable. Of course if TSI could provide cable in my area, I would stick with them without a doubt

heyyahblah

join:2009-02-01
Mississauga, ON

said by TwiztedZero:

+1 good post heyyahblah

Thank you sir.

said by mofoo:

heyyahblah: Definitely TSI has excellent service and extremely knowledgeable staff but they are prisoners to Bell e.g. they have no control over the underlying infrastructure, which is why I am tempted to switch. My family depends on the internet for work, voip phone and entertainment so stability is very important. DSL seems very flaky compared to cable. Of course if TSI could provide cable in my area, I would stick with them without a doubt

Well I hope it works out for you. To be quite honest, DSL is pretty reliable and stable for the most part once they work out the stupid kinks with the line. Usually the problem is either the distance to the REMOTE or CO or the connection in the home, either internal wiring, or someone at BELL or BELL's 3rd party does a shitty job at installing a DRY LOOP, I've heard this numerous times that people have to end up fixing their own dry-loop because the tech did a piss-poor job in wiring it in.

Ususally in the suburbs you should get a fairly good connection like Missisauga, Oakville, the areas usually have decent CO's or remotes nearby.

If they figure out the line issues for you I'm sure you would have a stable 12meg connection 100% of the time. For me the only down time I ever had with DSL is when Teksavvy was doing maitenence or one of their junipers crashed or whatever, otherwise the service has been for the most part I would say 98% reliable and consistant.

Not to mention the awesome Tech Support and CAP that they provide makes me stay with them that extra mile. Hell it was so good for me that I made my mom get rid of her cable connection because ROGERS DID NOT GRANDFATHER anything, not even the price.

So they charing 35.99 for 3/256k cable connection from Robbers just to knock off modem rental. I said hell with that. Teksavvy starter kit from Canada Computers $74 got the ST516 modem and 1 month free and got 6/800 DSL from Teksavvy, for my mom just the fact that their service is so much better, even though now with taxes the price difference is only $2.

I feel better that shes with tek
--
Larry, Larry Laugher .. hehe