spc
Search similar:

uniqs
drose1976
join:2012-02-16
Canton, MI

drose1976

ABC On Demand

Any word on when ABC On Demand will return?

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan

Premium Member

Our contract to carry ABC On Demand has expired, and we are working with ABC to hopefully restore this content at a future date. I don't have anything more specific at this time.

troubleagain
@wideopenwest.com

troubleagain

Anon

Extremely disappointing that WOW is not carrying ABC On Demand. WOW's On Demand slection is already significantly worse than Comcast.

And what about Telemundo? Gone forever apparently. It seems WOW doesn't have a problem eliminating channels.

I suppose to those with DVRs and WHDVR losing On Demand is no big deal but for those who don't record, On Demand is a way to see shows on one's own schedule. I'm sure WOW wouldn't mind if everyone has a DVR. But I'd rather have a complete On Demand line up.

k0613
@wideopenwest.com

k0613

Anon

I agree. Maybe we should all ask for a bill adjustment for losing services????
blackhawk77
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10
Elgin, IL

blackhawk77 to drose1976

Premium Member

to drose1976
UltraTV will hopefully make WOW's dismal on demand offering a little easier for me to accept otherwise I may have to look to switch back to my previous provider.

troubleagain
@wideopenwest.com

troubleagain

Anon

said by blackhawk77:

UltraTV will hopefully make WOW's dismal on demand offering a little easier for me to accept otherwise I may have to look to switch back to my previous provider.

Not sure how Ultra TV will make it better. If anything since people can DVR more they probably won't complain as much.

I am constantly amazed at the problems related to On Demand. We pay for a premium channel and so we get the On Demand for it. Went to watch a series, watched episode 1, 2 and .... no episode 3 even though it aired four days ago. I can find dozens of shows that are either skipped or show up late. WOW's response is they pay a vendor to provide the content. They should get another vendor.

I just saw Comcast added many more On Demand programs. The gap is getting ever wider.
sgc7
join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL

sgc7

said by troubleagain :

said by blackhawk77:

Not sure how Ultra TV will make it better. If anything since people can DVR more they probably won't complain as much.

I am constantly amazed at the problems related to On Demand. We pay for a premium channel and so we get the On Demand for it. Went to watch a series, watched episode 1, 2 and .... no episode 3 even though it aired four days ago. I can find dozens of shows that are either skipped or show up late. WOW's response is they pay a vendor to provide the content. They should get another vendor.

I just saw Comcast added many more On Demand programs. The gap is getting ever wider.

Ultra TV drastically increases bandwidth for other WOW! services. Since it is an IP device, the amount of bandwidth required is lowered. Since one device accesses the outside network, less bandwidth is required.

Also, the digital transition added a ton of bandwidth for more of these services. This bandwidth allowed for faster internet speeds as well as more VOD they added this past year (they DID add a lot). Of course, it allowed for the HD channels as well.

I'm sure they will add more in the future.
prospector00
join:2011-02-24
Mount Prospect, IL

prospector00 to troubleagain

to troubleagain
said by troubleagain :

said by blackhawk77:

I don't think the fact that the new DVR makes shows easier to record should be a factor. It's hard with all the channels now producing original programming to always be ahead of the curve when it comes to new series. Oftentimes it's after a new show has aired a couple times that it starts to create a buzz, and that's when On Demand really comes into play.

I accept that WOW will be behind Comcast when it comes to On Demand offerings, just as I (reluctantly) accept no MLB or NFL Networks and no Red Zone. But they really need to work on not letting the gap get too big, as you say, because these things do add up, and they don't want to give people too many reasons to keep checking out the competition.
blackhawk77
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10
Elgin, IL

blackhawk77 to troubleagain

Premium Member

to troubleagain
For me it helps because on demand lets me watch shows on whatever TV I wanted. Since the on-demand offering is limited I have to rely on DVR more. I have to set it to record on all my different boxes so hopefully it will be recorded on the TV I want to watch it on. The Ultra will let me manage it in one place instead of every TV.
said by troubleagain :

said by blackhawk77:

troubleagain
@wideopenwest.com

troubleagain

Anon

said by blackhawk77:

For me it helps because on demand lets me watch shows on whatever TV I wanted. Since the on-demand offering is limited I have to rely on DVR more. I have to set it to record on all my different boxes so hopefully it will be recorded on the TV I want to watch it on. The Ultra will let me manage it in one place instead of every TV.

That was my point. More people with Ultra TV means they rely less on On Demand.
troubleagain

troubleagain to sgc7

Anon

to sgc7
said by sgc7:

Also, the digital transition added a ton of bandwidth for more of these services. This bandwidth allowed for faster internet speeds as well as more VOD they added this past year (they DID add a lot). Of course, it allowed for the HD channels as well.

Understood about bandwith but it seems WOW doesn't like to pay for certain programming asnd obviously networks are going to charge for their On Demand services. ABC On Demand is gone because WOW couldn't come to a financial agreement with them. As more agreements come up for negotiation, I expect to see more networks lost.
sgc7
join:2011-11-02
Naperville, IL

sgc7

said by troubleagain :

said by sgc7:

Understood about bandwith but it seems WOW doesn't like to pay for certain programming asnd obviously networks are going to charge for their On Demand services. ABC On Demand is gone because WOW couldn't come to a financial agreement with them. As more agreements come up for negotiation, I expect to see more networks lost.

The main thing about programming costs is that there is some really shady business politics and deals going on (e.g. NBComcast).

k0613
@wideopenwest.com

k0613 to k0613

Anon

to k0613
I just called and asked for compensation for the loss of this service. They are giving me a credit on my next bill.

Everyone Call! Takes forever on hold, but - CALL!!

troubleagain
@wideopenwest.com

troubleagain

Anon

said by k0613 :

I just called and asked for compensation for the loss of this service. They are giving me a credit on my next bill.

Everyone Call! Takes forever on hold, but - CALL!!

Seriously? What kind of credit are we talking? One time or ongoing? Did you talk to whichever CSR answered? Or did it have to get escalated?
Jeremy W
join:2010-01-21

Jeremy W to sgc7

to sgc7
said by sgc7:

Ultra TV drastically increases bandwidth for other WOW! services. Since it is an IP device, the amount of bandwidth required is lowered. Since one device accesses the outside network, less bandwidth is required.

False on every point.