spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

zeroumus1

@telus.net

[AB] BB100 slow speeds still

I phoned shaw about getting slow speeds on my BB100 plan lately, the shaw people claimed that there was indeed a problem in my area and gave me a incident # INC256898 and claimed some re-wiring was to be done in my area.

Its been a little now and no improvement has been noticed yet, still getting around 20mbps, maybe 50mbps around 4-7 am

could one of the shaw reps comment on the status of INC256898.

While i am here, will BB250 to available soon in my area, postal code T6B 3P5, all wires are above ground so i would assume it would be an easy area to upgrade, split nodes in.

zeroumus1

@shawcable.net

a graph of my speeds

WAN=Telus
OPT1=SHAW
LAN=LAN

ShawSean

join:2010-07-16
Vernon, BC
kudos:12
reply to zeroumus1

If you can register and pm me your account details, I can investigate further.
--
Sean
Twitter - @Shaw_Sean

zeroumus

join:2012-02-20
Edmonton, AB

ok, registered now

Casey2012

@shawcable.net
reply to ShawSean

I have shaw bb100 and shaw speed test says average 88mb DL speed. Speedtest.net says 31mb DL speed. I tried several other sites as well and they say an average around 30mb. Which is correct?

EMKO

@shawcable.net
reply to zeroumus1

i am in Calgary during the day i get 1-2mbits this is so bad, started a few weeks ago before i would get 50mbits+ during the day. Whats the point of 100mbits when i cant even use anywhere close to this unless i go early morning. Play a youtube video and everyone lags wow.

stolen

join:2004-04-12
Calgary, AB
kudos:2
reply to Casey2012

said by Casey2012 :

I have shaw bb100 and shaw speed test says average 88mb DL speed. Speedtest.net says 31mb DL speed. I tried several other sites as well and they say an average around 30mb. Which is correct?

Both!
speeds are a function of server capabilities and bandwidth available to *that* server. Different servers have different paths through the internet, and different servers have different capabilities.
So, you can get 88mb/s to shaw's speed test, and speedtest.net's site you can get about 31mb/s to the speedtest.net server you used.
The good news is that if you can get 88mb/s to shaw's speedtest, your last mile is not very saturated, which is usually the most problematic link with cable modems (see EMKO's post after yours).

emko

@shawcable.net
reply to zeroumus1

today at 9pm Calgary did a Shaw speed test
24ms ping
2.04Mbps download
4.33Mmps upload

when will they fix this? its obviously their problem as i get close to 100Mbps during morning time or really late at night.

westlethshaw

@shawcable.net
reply to zeroumus1

Shaw will take 100% of my monthly payment -so why don't they give me even 50% of the speed I pay for -Lies, excuses, and double talk -if you can't provide the service then quit lying to your customers and advertising speed you can't deliver on _PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG

westlethshaw

@shawcable.net
reply to emko

Shaw will take 100% of my monthly payment -so why don't they give me even 50% of the speed I pay for -Lies, excuses, and double talk -if you can't provide the service then quit lying to your customers and advertising speed you can't deliver on _PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG

matt1101

join:2012-02-29
Lethbridge, AB

Guessing by your name you're on the westside in leth? What kind of speeds are you getting? What area of the westside? I'm over there and get just awful speeds... Hoping the technician tomorrow can figure out what's going on.

zeroumus

join:2012-02-20
Edmonton, AB

speeds have improved a little now.

getting an average of around 63mbps, peak of 77 mbps.

still not exactly what i would expect, but not horrible.

kevinds

join:2003-05-01
Calgary, AB

I just got 26.01 down and 4.5 up with my Business 100 connection using speedtest.shaw.ca.

Peak during the test was 28.98.

I am really hoping the upload will be increased like they have on the BB100 plans.
--
Yes, I am not employed and looking for IT work. Have passport, will travel.

Mayhem

join:2012-02-26
Salmon Arm, BC

The BB100 package is getting an upload speed increase?

When is that happening?

kevinds

Calgary, AB

Residental
Up to 100 Mbps download speed
Up to 10 Mbps upload speed

Business
¡Up to 100 Mbps download speed
¡Up to 5 Mbps upload speed
--

Mayhem

Salmon Arm, BC

Where do you see this?

I'm only getting 5mbit up on the BB100 plan.

kevinds

Calgary, AB

»shaw.ca/Business/Internet-Services/100-Plus/

and

»shaw.ca/Internet/Broadband-100/

as well as

»shaw.ca/Internet/Compare-Plans/
--

ShawSean

Vernon, BC
reply to zeroumus1

@Meyhem - For areas where the DNU has been completed, those will be the new upload speeds.

For those of you who are experiencing poor speeds and haven't connected with me yet. Please do so.

I'll do my best to get your issues addressed.
--
Sean
Twitter - @Shaw_Sean

Mayhem

Salmon Arm, BC

@ShawSean is there any ETA for Salmon Arm's DNU completion?

ShawSean

Vernon, BC

Hey Mayhem,

I'm trying to confirm right now, but from what I've heard it's been completed in Salmon Arm.

I'm triple checking for you now.

Cheers.
--
Sean
Twitter - @Shaw_Sean

Mayhem

Salmon Arm, BC

I appreciate it - speedtest.net still shows this morning that I'm getting 4.90mbit upload.

ShawSean

Vernon, BC

Looks like Salmon Arm doesn't have phase 2 completed yet, so BB100 is the fastest connection available ATM. That's all the information available to me for now Mayhem.

Cheers.
--
Sean
Twitter - @Shaw_Sean