spc
uniqs

btB
@rr.com

btB to neftv

Anon

to neftv

Re: Third party Wireless providers like StraightTalk

Them selling sim cards only started about 2 weeks ago. Hence, nobody knows exactly what the data limits are as Net10 & Straight Talk do not give the any exact number.

Previously when people sim-swapped, users said try to keep it at 100mb per day or 2gb per month. On the other hand, that was too prevent Straight Talk from knowing they sim-swapped. Also, Straight Talk was using the word "data" in their terms of service. Now, they are using "web". Who knows if the wording change means anything, but you could interpret that as saying they want you to use your phone for web browsing only.

I think you might even be taking a risk if you continuously stream audio. My guess is that there is a good chance of them cancelling your account if you are constantly streaming video such as Netflix.

djdanska
Rudie32
Premium Member
join:2001-04-21
San Diego, CA

djdanska

Premium Member

They can tell what phone your using. All the providers can, right to the exact model. Not hard for them.

ztmike
Mark for moderation
Premium Member
join:2001-08-02
La Porte, IN

ztmike to btB

Premium Member

to btB
said by btB :

Them selling sim cards only started about 2 weeks ago. Hence, nobody knows exactly what the data limits are as Net10 & Straight Talk do not give the any exact number.

Previously when people sim-swapped, users said try to keep it at 100mb per day or 2gb per month. On the other hand, that was too prevent Straight Talk from knowing they sim-swapped. Also, Straight Talk was using the word "data" in their terms of service. Now, they are using "web". Who knows if the wording change means anything, but you could interpret that as saying they want you to use your phone for web browsing only.

I think you might even be taking a risk if you continuously stream audio. My guess is that there is a good chance of them cancelling your account if you are constantly streaming video such as Netflix.

This pretty much sums it up..Although the 2GB monthly cap was on an AT&T powered phone..I couldn't say what Sprint or T-Mobile has.

Verizon doesn't allow smartphones to be used on Straight Talk so they don't count. Straight Talk has a Android smartphone powered by Sprint that they sell on ST's website.

The 2GB cap was just a warning from users that seemed like that's when ST would give them shit and possibly a blacklisted SIM..this was using AT&T though..not sure what kind of bandwidth caps there are on T-Mobile or Sprint like I've said.

If you look at »www.howardforums.com/for ··· ght-Talk

You'll see people talking about it more.

Sothh
@mecc.edu

Sothh to btB

Anon

to btB
Well, I used about 40 gig in 20 days and got my sim card killed. Its still worth the price of a new one, but they should not be selling this as unlimited.
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned)

unlimited does NOT mean 40gigs. It's a cell phone meant for that data, NOT tethering, etc.