BOHICA
Premium Member
join:2009-03-18
Sacramento, CA

1 recommendation

Tirael to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer

Re: [Classes] Body And Soul: The Priest Thread (4.2.X - 4.X.X)

The aoe rotation is dependent on how close the mobs are to your Mind Sear target. If they are spread out, such as on the trash to Warlord, multidotting is the optimal aoe rotation.

There are two ways to do this. One is "ok", one is "zomg dps numbers".

The "ok" way is just the standard, put your dots on everything, pick a kill target and do your normal rotation.

The first way is to start an initial rotation on the main kill target (SW:P MFx5 /pray for a shadow orb MB VT DP). If you get that Shadow Orb to proc, immediately cast MB. This will put Empowered Shadow up on you (23% inc shadow damage, iirc.) Then, you want to put VT (highest DPET spell) and SW:P on each target within range.

Using Warlord Zon'ozz trash as an example, there are 3 flails, one eye and the BFT (big fucking tentacle.) Start your rotation on one of the flails. Then, once you get empowered shadow up, immediately stop your single target rotation and apply VT/SW:P to all other targets. Rinse repeat until all targets are dead.

The reason I recommend doing it this way is simple. With Empowered Shadows rolling, ALL your damage is increased. Plus, your dots, specifically VT/DP, will do less damage if applied when you are at less than 5 stacks of Evangelism (think old school shadow weaving.)

This is also apparent in the alternate situation, where the mobs are all together, you would cast Mind Sear. However, you want to still keep ALL your dots rolling on the main kill target (i.e. a boss with adds like Yor'sahj.) You also want to TRY to keep Evangelism at 5 stacks. You also want to keep Empowered Shadows up.

TL;DR

When AoEing:

1) ALWAYS keep your dots going on the main kill target.
2) If the adds are spread out, multidot.
3) If they are close together, mind sear.
4) Keep Evangelism at 5 stacks, if possible.
5) NEVER LET EMPOWERED SHADOWS DROP.

Treebark
Premium Member
join:2010-03-04
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

welcome back tirael, there is a priest on Dunemaul with your name.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Tirael

to Tirael
said by Tirael:

once you get empowered shadow up, immediately stop your single target rotation and apply VT/SW:P to all other targets. Rinse repeat until all targets are dead.

The reason I recommend doing it this way is simple. With Empowered Shadows rolling, ALL your damage is increased. Plus, your dots, specifically VT/DP, will do less damage if applied when you are at less than 5 stacks of Evangelism (think old school shadow weaving.)

Good ass advice, I feel like an idiot for not doing it this way. Guess I shouldn't mail it in during trash anymore...I might have even more impressive numbers on those floppy basturds...not that it matters, but even I like to stroke my epeen every now and then.

Treebark
Premium Member
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

SW:P MF twice and fish for it,,,mind blast the put dots up are really good too.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

said by Treebark:

SW:P MF twice and fish for it,,,mind blast the put dots up are really good too.

Works well in situations like Ultraxion where you are stationary at the start.

A majority of encounters require movement on start to get into position...that's why I do it the way I do.

Neither is wrong, and one probably isn't better than the other. I'd have to sim them, but honestly I bet the difference isn't big enough to matter either way.

Treebark
Premium Member
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

I love you bro, where are you taking me out to dinner whne I get there March 1st.

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium Member
Sacramento, CA

Tirael to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
Hey McBrain, do you have the shadow 4p yet? Have you tried the new opener with it?

Treebark
Premium Member
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

which opener are u talking about?

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Tirael

to Tirael
Just got it Wednesday, havent tried yet.

You basically pop fiend and MF to get Dark AA, then spike/blast spam.

Treebark
Premium Member
Havelock, NC

Treebark

Premium Member

word, ll nbe on all weekend, higt me up fpr lfr if u want man.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

said by Treebark:

word, ll nbe on all weekend, higt me up fpr lfr if u want man.

have another one you f&%%^in lush

Tirael
BOHICA
Premium Member
Sacramento, CA

Tirael to Treebark

Premium Member

to Treebark
MF x 5 stacks of Evang, Arch, Fiend, MSx2 (with a cancelaura macro in for Mind Melt), MB, MSx5 (same cancelaura) MB - Normal Rotation
djlar
join:2009-04-23

djlar

I just barely got the 2 Piece spriest gear.. SWD hits nicely..I was using it only when I had mana problems and at 25% HP.. now I use it on rotation (usually lines up with refresh of VT)..