Search similar:

uniqs
CTMustang
Premium Member
join:2007-09-10
New Canaan, CT

CTMustang

Premium Member

[Rave] Lexus really knows how to treat a customer!

I've owned cars from Ford and Chevy my whole life and of course had problems with both.

I went with a USED lexus this last time because I was just tired of "american quality"

In the past, when I'd bring in my fords or chevys for warranty work. I'd have to fight for a loaner car, if they even had one and if not, I'd have to get a ride from a friend or a parent... and be stuck without a car for however long it took. Sometimes the car would sit untouched for 3 or 4 days. That was real Fun.

Then there were times they did have a loaner. I bring in my 2002 Camaro SS Vert and they hand me a Chevy Caviler with 50K+ miles on it that smells like a mix of smoke and sh!t. That was fun too.

Then, there were times where I brought it in for a Catalytic converter recall with the paper work printed out and after leaving it there I got a call that my car was not covered....had to fight that one out with the shop guy and PROVE to him that it was.

And wow, once, I left the car there for some work that I paid for and the car somehow got a parking ticket THAT THE DEALERSHIP DIDNT TELL ME ABOUT which turned into a 200 dollar ticket a year later.

Wait? but this is a Rave about lexus right??

About 4 weeks ago my used 2007 lexus is (cheapest one they make) went into limp mode at a red light. I've got 3000 Miles left on their power train warranty of 70k miles. I turned right around and came home, restarted the car and it hasn't done it since.

I fired off a request email to my local lexus dealership asking if they will take a look at it because after searching the problem online a 40+ page thread came back of IS250 owners with "carbon build up" and lexus has put out a TSB on it.

The dealership said I'd have to pay for diagnosis (140 bucks) if they couldn't find anything wrong. At that point I gave up, the car had only done it ONCE and I wasn't about to pay them to look and tell me "nope no problem"

So I threw in the towel and decided that I'd just have to hope it didn't break.

A few days ago I get a call saying they really want me to be pleased with my lexus experience and they'll look at it FOR FREE, give me a loaner car that I won't have to refill with gas AND if the problem is found, they'll fix it (replace pistons, rings, valves) fill up my gas tank and wash the car... all at no cost.

I go in today, sign a few papers 15 mins later I'm handed the keys to a car with 300 miles on it that's one step above mine!

My friends that's how you get customers to come back.. at this point just the fact that they took me seriously and are looking at a problem that I cannot duplicate has me thrilled!!

I could go on, but suffice to say, I have never experienced anything like this with any other car company in my life. I'm sold for life.

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

dandelion

MVM

There is only one Lexis dealer near where I live, they were unwilling to dicker on price and the salesman I dealt with left a very negative impression. Good to hear there is at least something positive about them.
CTMustang
Premium Member
New Canaan, CT

CTMustang

Premium Member

said by dandelion:

There is only one Lexis dealer near where I live, they were unwilling to dicker on price and the salesman I dealt with left a very negative impression. Good to hear there is at least something positive about them.

Oh that's another thing. I bought this car used from a friend who bought it three states away. I've never given this dealship a penny yet and they treat me so well.

Fir_Na_Tine
Time to get riggity riggity wrecked son
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine to CTMustang

Premium Member

to CTMustang
I've had a similar experience from the Infiniti dealer I bought my used I30T at. They take good care of their customers and if I decided to by Infiniti again I'll go there.

AVD
Respice, Adspice, Prospice
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Onion, NJ

AVD to CTMustang

Premium Member

to CTMustang
I miss my Saturn dealer.

lew_b
Premium Member
join:2003-05-11
Poughkeepsie, NY

lew_b to CTMustang

Premium Member

to CTMustang
I have an '04 IS300 and am also generally pleased with the dealer and the service. 'Free' loaners, 'free' car wash, 'free' coffee and snacks in the waiting room. Last loaner I had was a tricked out IS250 with all the bells and whistles.
The only down side is that they are very expensive. But hey, I own a 'luxury' vehicle so I guess that comes with the territory.
CTMustang
Premium Member
New Canaan, CT

CTMustang

Premium Member

They just called me back.

Turns out they are going to do the right thing and replace some pretty expensive parts. The "problem" only happened to me ONCE 4 or so weeks ago, car has been running problem free since, however since I am close to being over warranty they "want my experience with lexus to be worry free" are are going to do the work when the parts arrive next week. Those specific parts (and any problem they may cause) will then be warrantied on their own. The cost out of pocket for this would be close to 5000 dollars.

And all the while I'm driving a 2012 ES with the bigger motor in it.. Thrilled with this kind of service.

Johkal
Cool Cat
MVM
join:2002-11-13
Pennsyltucky

1 recommendation

Johkal

MVM

Repairs done while in warranty doesn't impress me no matter who the manufacturer is. The dealership is making money on this re-cooping the cost from the manufacturer. Now, if the vehicle was out of warranty & they honored needed repairs, I'd be very impressed.

As for a loaner: I've had great experience getting current year cars from American dealerships.
disy
join:2003-01-02
Norwalk, CT

disy to CTMustang

to CTMustang
Acura has been great to me with loaners, car washes, oil changes, etc. such a big difference from Honda, who was more than willing to give me the enterprise rent a car telephone number and to tell them my car is being worked on by Honda to get a 10% discount and then take 3 days to fix something that should not take that long
CTMustang
Premium Member
New Canaan, CT

CTMustang

Premium Member

said by disy:

Acura has been great to me with loaners, car washes, oil changes, etc. such a big difference from Honda, who was more than willing to give me the enterprise rent a car telephone number and to tell them my car is being worked on by Honda to get a 10% discount and then take 3 days to fix something that should not take that long

Yup! I know that story.
billydunwood
join:2008-04-23
united state

billydunwood to Johkal

to Johkal
said by Johkal:

Repairs done while in warranty doesn't impress me no matter who the manufacturer is. The dealership is making money on this re-cooping the cost from the manufacturer. Now, if the vehicle was out of warranty & they honored needed repairs, I'd be very impressed.

As for a loaner: I've had great experience getting current year cars from American dealerships.

Ford, ftw! Our grand marquis was getting a water pump replaced, and they had to order the part(cause it was the weekend), so they called Hertz and gave us a brand new buick lucerne for free. They also chipped the paint on the roof of the car while pressure washing it, and they immediatley showed us, and said they would repaint the whole roof for free, and it would still be ready on the day promised. total cost for all this, 1 hour of my time.
CTMustang
Premium Member
New Canaan, CT

CTMustang

Premium Member

said by billydunwood:

said by Johkal:

Ford, ftw! Our grand marquis was getting a water pump replaced, and they had to order the part(cause it was the weekend), so they called Hertz and gave us a brand new buick lucerne for free. They also chipped the paint on the roof of the car while pressure washing it, and they immediatley showed us, and said they would repaint the whole roof for free, and it would still be ready on the day promised. total cost for all this, 1 hour of my time.

I admit I havent been in a Ford dealer for 10 years, if that's the norm for them then kudos to them.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
said by AVD:

I miss my Saturn dealer.

^^

But the Chevy dealer I take my Astra to gives me a free loaner *anytime* it's in the shop. Either a dealer car (like a Malibu) or a free rental from Enterprise.
Expand your moderator at work

ironwalker
World Renowned
MVM
join:2001-08-31
Keansburg, NJ

ironwalker to CTMustang

MVM

to CTMustang

Re: [Rave] Lexus really knows how to treat a customer!

Loaner cars are an option up to the dealer unless stated in your contract/warranty at purchase. Yes, it is good practice to lend a car when needed but they obviously couldn't do this for every car that comes into the dealer for service work. When I was an A tech for ford, everyone wanted a loaner even if for a day for which the car came in for basic service work. It just is not possible to give a loaner to everyone coming in for service work.

My Nissan Altima purchased in 05' at Pine Belt Nissan in Keyport NJ is very good with deciding who gets one. My Altima blew an engine a month ago and in my works to locating the best way to go to fix this at the lowest cost to myself and the least amount of time to get the work done, I came to the conclusion that having the dealership to handle the job was best, price and time-wise.
They offered half the price of a new engine than Jasper ($4200.89). They also offered to fix my driver window free of charge minus parts. A Loaner car for the week long job was included free of charge. The warranty matched the new car warranty I got when I purchased the vehicle. I now have a 2006 Altima with a brand new engine at half the costs of small local shops friends work at, offering me discounts. Also, it is better for me, as I now, have no tools to do this job myself, a garage to do the work or a paved driveway.
I was shocked that the dealership was the cheapest in my research. This was also the only route of getting a loaner car for my wife to get to work during the repair short of using AAA for a rental car for that week, week and a half.
I am pleased.

I wouldn't say foreign car dealerships are better, it's more of a dealership management policy. Doesn't matter what make or domestic or foreign, it's how the dealership itself is run and managed that dictates customer satisfaction.

Thanks for your review on Lexus and your experiences.
CTMustang
Premium Member
New Canaan, CT

1 recommendation

CTMustang

Premium Member

Got the car back today, with basically a new motor, new water pump too..

»i44.tinypic.com/v76nol.jpg

Thrilled.

Grail Knight

Premium Member
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla

Grail Knight to AVD

Premium Member

to AVD
Did your Saturn dealership start going downhill over the years due to the parent company putting the screws to Saturn Dealerships?

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to CTMustang

Premium Member

to CTMustang
A family went to the same Lexus dealer. The worst she has ever seen

PhoenixAZ
Get A Mac
Premium Member
join:2004-01-04
Phoenix, AZ

PhoenixAZ to CTMustang

Premium Member

to CTMustang
Lexuses are built by Toyota, which are all I drive. Best cars on the planet, and a Lexus in pretty sure has a lot better ride quality . Congrats on your purchase, you truly do own the 'Apple' of cars now, stay away from that 'Acer' garbage (GM & Ford)

PatPatate
join:2008-02-10
Sainte-Julie, QC

PatPatate to CTMustang

to CTMustang
GM are not garbage cars IMO... maybe some models are, I don't know. Haven't owned them all. Can't say for Ford, never owned one.

Also tried a Toyota that was the worst car I drove...

All I can say is that my Chevy Equinox 2010 is really a nice car and fun to drive (anyway, it is for me).

The only problem I have with it is the dealer where I bought it. I had one problem with the car, they refused to look at it saying it was normal.

Called another GM dealer, they fixed it the day after.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to CTMustang

Premium Member

to CTMustang
GM especially Chevy is not a garbage car. I have had Chevys all my life and I have not one bad thing to say.
zenthias
join:2012-02-08
Bloomfield, IN

zenthias

The "Apple" of vehicles?!?! Seems he knows as much about vehicles as he does computers. LOL!

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD to Grail Knight

Premium Member

to Grail Knight
said by Grail Knight:

Did your Saturn dealership start going downhill over the years due to the parent company putting the screws to Saturn Dealerships?

no, they just went out of business since the were cannibalizing the rest of GM's sales.

Grail Knight

Premium Member
Valhalla

Grail Knight

Premium Member

Best car I had was a Saturn with over a million miles and then some.

AVD
Premium Member
Onion, NJ

AVD

Premium Member

I miss my 93 SL1
I curse my 2007 Vue GL

Grail Knight

Premium Member
Valhalla

Grail Knight

Premium Member

I had a 92 SC2 Coupe.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to WK2

MVM

to WK2
I have a friend whose dad was a long time Chevy employee as a skilled tradesman - I heard all about the issues with Chevy cars. They also owned several of them...