Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

JSUL

join:2011-09-09
Arlington, TX
reply to Joe Siegler

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

Anyone with NHL Center Ice notice that the Buffalo feed of their game with the Philadelphia Fylers was blacked out last night? The Flyers feed was shown on a different channel....the schedule listed both feeds (home/away) for this matchup.

Someone @ TWC or Center Ice (not sure who sits at the switchboard for N TX/DFW area) must have been alseep.

At first, I thought this might be an MSG issue, but no, since later at 7 pm we had the NY Islander feed of their game w/St Louis Blues....and the STL feed as this also was listed as home/away feeds on different channels.

The home/away feed of the Dallas Stars/Calgary Flames game
was blacked out, like it should be: Stars are local market team....but to black out the Buffalo feed?

I did not waste my time calling local support, as their answer would be 'reboot the box' or 'let me schedule a technician for you...'

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by JSUL:

Anyone with NHL Center Ice notice that the Buffalo feed of their game with the Philadelphia Fylers was blacked out last night? The Flyers feed was shown on a different channel....the schedule listed both feeds (home/away) for this matchup.

Someone @ TWC or Center Ice (not sure who sits at the switchboard for N TX/DFW area) must have been alseep.

At first, I thought this might be an MSG issue, but no, since later at 7 pm we had the NY Islander feed of their game w/St Louis Blues....and the STL feed as this also was listed as home/away feeds on different channels.

The home/away feed of the Dallas Stars/Calgary Flames game
was blacked out, like it should be: Stars are local market team....but to black out the Buffalo feed?

I did not waste my time calling local support, as their answer would be 'reboot the box' or 'let me schedule a technician for you...'

yeah I would get a hold of direct support here as it is not only affecting center ice it is also affecting league pass.

Raider

@rr.com

Anyone with a current qam listing. There has been an update to ABC, CBS, PBS and others that I must have missed. Thanks.

JSUL

Arlington, TX
reply to motorola870

Yes....got hold of direct support and their first reply was 'we have no control over the games being blacked out....etc.'

This has nothing to do w/the blackout rules....this Game4/channel 933 has had this same display since Thursday night & so far, today. Something is wrong/stuck....CSR's in Austin/San Antonio/El Paso do not see the 'black out message' on their displays, but the local DFW CSR's do see it but don't know how to fix....then after being told by 2 seperate managers that they would get it fixed (Saturday night) lo and behold, they 'fix' me alright, when the 'free preview' that was being run by NHL Center Ice ended at midnight last night, I lost my connection to the package! All channels said: Subscription service....hit enter to order.' I WAS HOT! I called and got a CSR in Austin this time (1 am.) and he got me reconnected, but I should have stopped there, but I asked him about Game 4 blackout screen, which was a big mistake. He told me that they had no control over what games are blacked out and that some network in the area must have the rights to show the games I was missing & nothing could be done. I told him that what network in DFW got the rights to the following games:
Buffalo/Philadelphia
Tampa Bay/Washington
Columbus/NY Rangers
....I said you have got to be kidding! These are out of local market (Dallas Stars) games and are not being shown on NBC/NBC Sports/NHL Network, so I should get these games.

As FYI, to support my cause during all of this (Fri/Sat/Sun calls), I told them to go to the mosaic channel (942 in DFW) and there you would see the feeds displayed, so why blacked out? No one knows.

I sent a new email to direct support this morning since it has not changed. Today's schedule shows 1 game: Ottawa @ NY Islanders, w/home & away feeds set up on channels 930 & 931....alll other channels are displayaing today's schedule, except
channel 933 (game 4) which still has the black out message. I wounder what game they are blacking out today, since there's not one scheduled? (extreme anger & sarcasm)

motorola870

Arlington, TX

said by JSUL:

Yes....got hold of direct support and their first reply was 'we have no control over the games being blacked out....etc.'

This has nothing to do w/the blackout rules....this Game4/channel 933 has had this same display since Thursday night & so far, today. Something is wrong/stuck....CSR's in Austin/San Antonio/El Paso do not see the 'black out message' on their displays, but the local DFW CSR's do see it but don't know how to fix....then after being told by 2 seperate managers that they would get it fixed (Saturday night) lo and behold, they 'fix' me alright, when the 'free preview' that was being run by NHL Center Ice ended at midnight last night, I lost my connection to the package! All channels said: Subscription service....hit enter to order.' I WAS HOT! I called and got a CSR in Austin this time (1 am.) and he got me reconnected, but I should have stopped there, but I asked him about Game 4 blackout screen, which was a big mistake. He told me that they had no control over what games are blacked out and that some network in the area must have the rights to show the games I was missing & nothing could be done. I told him that what network in DFW got the rights to the following games:
Buffalo/Philadelphia
Tampa Bay/Washington
Columbus/NY Rangers
....I said you have got to be kidding! These are out of local market (Dallas Stars) games and are not being shown on NBC/NBC Sports/NHL Network, so I should get these games.

As FYI, to support my cause during all of this (Fri/Sat/Sun calls), I told them to go to the mosaic channel (942 in DFW) and there you would see the feeds displayed, so why blacked out? No one knows.

I sent a new email to direct support this morning since it has not changed. Today's schedule shows 1 game: Ottawa @ NY Islanders, w/home & away feeds set up on channels 930 & 931....alll other channels are displayaing today's schedule, except
channel 933 (game 4) which still has the black out message. I wounder what game they are blacking out today, since there's not one scheduled? (extreme anger & sarcasm)

NBA League pass is screwed up as well. It seems the headend engineers did not setup the blackout codes correctly when Indemand transitioned to the new system back in september or their receivers are broken.

JSUL

Arlington, TX

Channel 933 is now back to normal
Thanks in part to Annette Wilson
At TWC
Hopefully this is the end of all problems
With NHL center ice this season

motorola870

Arlington, TX

looks like TWC did some maintence this week as my node now has four more VOD carriers!

This is what the iGuide diagnostics are showing for the new QAMs on my node

603MHz TSID: 42241
609MHz TSID: 42242
615MHz TSID: 42243
621MHz TSID: 42244

we already have VOD on:
579MHz
585MHz
591MHz
597MHz