Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

esenterre

join:2012-02-15
Terrebonne, QC

1 edit

My Windows VoIP.ms monitor Gagdet

This week I made a small Windows Gadget that monitors my VoIP.ms account (Balance, Registration, Last Calls).

I thought that maybe somebody else will be interested in my projet. I updated the wiki page on VoIP.ms.

Here a screenshot :

This is the first release, it basically answer my needs. But any suggestions and feedbacks are welcome!

Edit: You might want the direct link to the download page.

esenterre

Terrebonne, QC
A new version, 1.0.2 is out. This one fixes a few display bugs and added some more minor features.

Shame on me, version 1.0 was badly packaged and was impossible to install. This one should work just fine.

Let me know if you install it!

Link to download page :
»code.google.com/p/voipms-monitor···ads/list

MichelR

join:2011-07-03
Ottawa, ON
I'll probably check it out this weekend, this looks pretty cool.

omasse

join:2004-12-21
Montreal, QC
reply to esenterre
Couldn't install 1.0 myself when I tried it, I thought it was a problem with my Windows 7. I'll give it a shot when I have some spare time.

Thanks!

xsbell

join:2008-12-22
Canada
kudos:8
reply to esenterre
Works great, thanks!

trog

join:2001-03-25
Scarborough, ON
reply to esenterre
One idea... I'm sure myself (and many others) use multiple sub accounts.

For instance, each interface of my PAP2T has a sub account, and I also have soft phones on a few PCs.

It looks that when you get the CDR info you are filtering it by the account supplied
URL = api_url+"api_username="+email+"&api_password="+password+"&account="+account+"&method=getCDR&date_from="+date_from+"&date_to="+date_to+"&answered=1&noanswer=1&busy=1&failed=1&timezone="+gmtHours+"&calltype=all&callbilling=all&account="+account;

This means I only can see the incoming calls, since they are associated with the main account.

By removing the TWO occurences of &account="+account I can now see both incoming and outgoing, although I still do not see a registered server listed.

dani

join:2012-03-20
canada
reply to esenterre
Looks good. I'd be interested in a plain web based version, to run on ubuntu. Do you think it would be feasible to port?

esenterre

Terrebonne, QC
Maybe, storing settings in cookies I suppose. I'm not too sure. I'll try to get a better final version of this widget, and then may work on some "port" of some sort.

How do you plan on using this on Ubuntu ? Right in the browser or "framed" somehow on the desktop ?

dani

join:2012-03-20
canada
I guess either cookies, sessions or a config text file would work. I opened the 2 html files that come in the package but couldn't try anything because the settings form doesn't have a "save" button.

A plain browser version may be easier to use as a base for custom additions and modifications later. Just started playing with tropo.com and got lots of ideas to try. Eventually would add them to the same page, as a communications central.

Thanks

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
reply to esenterre
Looks interesting, I'm going to install this tonight but I'm wondering if you have given any thought to the feasibility of porting this app to a mobile platform for those of us who have softphones on our smartphones?

NefCanuck

esenterre

Terrebonne, QC
reply to esenterre
What I might be doing, is a version with jQuery Mobile. So it'll be usuable on most mobile platforms as a "web app", as well as other integrations somewhere else (Ubuntu?).

But for now, my "day job" is using lots of time. I'll have to wait a bit before doing that version.

MichelR

Ottawa, ON
reply to esenterre
Finally gave this a try last night. Cool stuff. Bon travail!

MichelR

Ottawa, ON
reply to esenterre
Just noticed something: The list of calls is not displaying the correct time. I placed a call at 16:20, but the gadget shows 17:20. I checked on the voip.ms web site and the entry for that call does show 16:20. Same for the next two calls in the list (one incoming, one outgoing). Can't say for sure for the others but I assume it's the same thing.

Not a big deal, just thought I'd let you know. Don't know if it's an API limitation - I haven't read up on that stuff yet. I have so many things I want to check out that I end up not having time to finish anything.

cheeser

join:2011-12-18
Etobicoke, ON
This is due to the recent time change - the api should be sending the proper timezone into the API call.

esenterre

Terrebonne, QC
reply to MichelR
I'll have to check that! I set the timezone in the API call, but maybe I don't have to worry about DST. Will get a deeper look into it.

I think there's also an issue with the refresh time.

cheeser

join:2011-12-18
Etobicoke, ON
You don't need to worry about DST when using the API. If its EST just use -5.

esenterre

Terrebonne, QC
That's my fault then. Next version I'll fix that.

DaveL

join:2005-11-12
Urbana, IL
reply to esenterre
This is a neat, informative gadget. Good job.
suggestions:
I would like to see normal time rather than military time.
I would like also to be able to reset/zero out the CDR length from time to time if possible.
--
7000s, 99W, 1370, 77sig, pro plan
"Notice how clear the skies were after 9/11 due to lack of con trails?"
»www.koehlerinjection.com

MichelR

Ottawa, ON
That's not military time, that's the "24h clock" (something like that - can't remember if there's a more official name). The 24h clock is something like "17:10" (5:10 PM), while military time omits the ":" - i.e. "1710".

If this gets changed, please make it an option. I prefer 24h time.

NefCanuck

join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON
Reviews:
·voip.ms
reply to esenterre
Hi, finally got a chance to install this little gadget but can't seem to get it to work.

It picks up the account # properly (though I do have two accounts a main and a sub account, I don't know if that makes a difference) but not the server or the amount remaining in the account.

I set the IP address on the voip.ms website to include both the IP address reported by my ISP *&* the address of my router, but no results are displayed.

I have an API password set and the API email I set to the email associated with the voip.ms account.

Any suggestions as to what I missed?

NefCanuck