uniqs
csnyder3
join:2007-09-10
Grand Rapids, MI

csnyder3 to 25139889

to 25139889

Re: NADC of BBB

said by 25139889:

is a laughing joke. They and other businesses know that they can't do a damn thing to any of these businesses and have no plans on it. the ones that are members of the BBB will have these "cases" go away and be done with it.

BBB is a mafia designed for businesses to protect themselves from customers and the public.

Exactly. The BBB has no teeth - it's an independent organization (or group of organizations) with no oversight authority. Their main business is to solicit businesses to pay to join their "certified businesses" program; I've received numerous calls from them for my Internet-based software company. Our most expensive product is under $40 and customers pay via credit card, yet they seemed to think that someone would actually care if we had a BBB logo on our site.

Their business complaint records can be useful, though - especially for local, major-purchase businesses like auto mechanics, home contractors, etc. - but I wouldn't trust a "BBB certified" business based on that logo alone.
25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned)

once you become BBB any complaints that you did have go away anyway. and any that would come in. the BBB hides EVERYTHING for businesses that are "members"

compuguybna
join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN

compuguybna

Explains how HUGHESNET has an A+.

Hughesnet is the WORST company i've ever dealt with.
said by 25139889:

once you become BBB any complaints that you did have go away anyway. and any that would come in. the BBB hides EVERYTHING for businesses that are "members"

25139889 (banned)
join:2011-10-25
Toledo, OH

25139889 (banned)

you never knew that the BBB did that? The company can also threaten to sue them and they take down the complaints as well as it's illegal to post a lot of the information they do. I had housemate situation that went horribly bad and the chick went to the BBB and filed a complaint against me because she "could" according to them. well the posted by home address, cell phone number, mailing address (UPS Store mail box), and a shit load more. I found out and went after them for it. Next thing I know they're removing EVERYTHING.

And I've had other businesses tell me that they joined them and their 2 neg complains went away as well and went to an A+ rating as soon as the BBB got their $$.