spc
uniqs

psafux
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10

psafux to OZZY7

Premium Member

to OZZY7

Re: [RANT] & [RAVE] Wal Mart tries to reject valid coupon...

said by OZZY7:

Wal Mart and grocery stores LOVE coupons,

"love" might be a strong word for the relationship. It's a hassle for stores to collect the coupons, sort them by manufacturer, and send them in - oh and wait to see if all the coupons are valid/legit. Expired coupons & illegitimate coupons are common, the store loses money on those since there is no reimbursement. They accept coupons because if they didn't they would lose business.

The aforementioned Walmart ad match is an attempt by the super-retailer to regain market share as a result of people doing exactly what I described that my wife and I have done for a long time. Many people shop discounts at one grocery store and pick up the staples at Walmart to save money all around. With the economy in shambles, people became more interested in coupon-clipping & shopping around, even going to multiple stores for their weekly shopping trip.

I let my wife spend $450 at Walmart a few weeks ago (we had a little extra cash, -not- a typical shopping trip) as long as she price-matched as much as she could. She filled up (and I mean completely filled over-the-top brimming) two carts for that price. The average price of each item was around $2 after price-matching & coupons. Ill attach the receipt if anyone doubts me, I PDF them all. I bet we saved at least $100.

OZZY7
Born Again Atheist
Premium Member
join:2011-06-11

OZZY7

Premium Member

That's all fine and good. That bitch still would have given me a hard time though, I'm certain of that. And finally. The product IS NOT available for $1 less, locally anyway. So, that would have been a lie.
OHN
join:2003-02-05
Appleton, WI

OHN to psafux

to psafux
Have you seen the exteme couponing show on TV? Some people pay $18 for $1000 worth of food. Cant do that here in California though.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536

Premium Member

said by OHN:

Have you seen the exteme couponing show on TV? Some people pay $18 for $1000 worth of food. Cant do that here in California though.

That show has caused many retailers to change their coupon use policies.
dvd536

dvd536 to psafux

Premium Member

to psafux
said by psafux:

I let my wife spend $450 at Walmart a few weeks ago (we had a little extra cash, -not- a typical shopping trip) as long as she price-matched as much as she could. She filled up (and I mean completely filled over-the-top brimming) two carts for that price. The average price of each item was around $2 after price-matching & coupons.

2 overflowing carts for $450? doesn't sound like very much of it was MEATS.

OZZY7
Born Again Atheist
Premium Member
join:2011-06-11

OZZY7

Premium Member

Of course not. It was 500 bottles of baby shampoo. But, it was almost free. So, they won, right?