share rss forum feed

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
join:2001-10-01
Parsonsburg, MD
kudos:1

Will wonders never cease?

Comcast marketing how bad their competitor's service is?

Pot, kettle, black.

JigglyWiggly

join:2009-07-12
Pleasanton, CA

1 recommendation

In this case comcast is right, uverse sucks ass.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
Parsonsburg, MD
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast

said by JigglyWiggly:

In this case comcast is right, uverse sucks ass.

Uverse may be bad, but Comcast is on par with them.

I've had Comcast line techs (not contractors) tell me the the cable in my mom's neighborhood is over 20 years old and desperately needs to be replaced. I've SEEN the outer sheathing hanging off the cable in some areas as I travel down the street when I visit. You can only imagine what my mom's service is like when it rains at all.

That would be the Atlantic Ave & Pacific Ave neighborhood in Salisbury, MD if you care to come look at it Comcast.

tc1uscg

join:2005-03-09
Saint Clair Shores, MI

Cables in my hood are over 15. No problems here. Must be a layer 8 issue.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12
reply to newview

Ive seen AT&T make repairs with 2x4s and garbage bags.. look up as you drive if you want to look at it...
--
CableTechs.org/"Horrible People with Integrity"

fiberguy
My views are my own.
Premium
join:2005-05-20
kudos:3
reply to newview

That's rather objective.. I can say that going back 4 years I've not has a single issue with my service and it's worked flawlessly. Can't say that about Qwest and their years of poor DSL service (and dialtone service which sounded like it was right out of the 50's) Not to mention their (Qwest) non-desire to put a penny into upgrading their service at all in my area.

Again - if what you're saying it correct, then so be it.. comcast has been perfect for me. But, like anything, I understand that your experience and your neighborhood must be a representation of the service nationwide.

newview
Ex .. Ex .. Exactly
Premium
Parsonsburg, MD
Reviews:
·DIRECTV
·Comcast

Just how, pray tell, do you best judge service better than by your own experience? I've seen my mom's neighborhood and the poor infrastructure untouched by Comcast in 20 years, who apparently KNOW it's in need of replacement. I've also personally experienced the poor infrastructure in the apartment complexes I've lived in and around Salisbury ... note I said complexes, with an S.

I've had Comcast service in one way or another for 35 years ... that in itself has molded my opinion of Comcast, and it's not a good one.

Simba7
I Void Warranties

join:2003-03-24
Billings, MT
reply to tc1uscg

said by tc1uscg:

Cables in my hood are over 15. No problems here. Must be a layer 8 issue.

More like a Layer 0 issue.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12
reply to newview

said by newview:

Just how, pray tell, do you best judge service better than by your own experience? I've seen my mom's neighborhood and the poor infrastructure untouched by Comcast in 20 years, who apparently KNOW it's in need of replacement. I've also personally experienced the poor infrastructure in the apartment complexes I've lived in and around Salisbury ... note I said complexes, with an S.

I've had Comcast service in one way or another for 35 years ... that in itself has molded my opinion of Comcast, and it's not a good one.

Well, you know what they say, As Maryland Goes... no wait.. no one says that.
--
CableTechs.org/"Horrible People with Integrity"

TriForce

join:2008-05-27
Chico, CA

1 edit
reply to newview

I wouldn't say on par because it's still two vastly different mediums. Twisted pair copper (skinny phone wires) just doesn't have the bandwidth of coax.