Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tbare54

join:2008-07-28
Fort Wayne, IN

1 edit

[Bill] $1.99 FEE to PAY BILL AT LOCAL COMCAST OFFICE

Just came from local comcast office in Ft Wayne, In, was going to pay my bill, but was told comcast has a new policy of charging $1.99 if you pay your bill at the office. You can put it in an envelop and drop it in the drop box or pay online and no charge.
Anything to make a BUCK

jhacker

join:2001-12-11
Peoria, IL

Re: $1.99 FEE to PAY BILL AT LOCAL COMCAST OFFICE

I would report that to your city government office. They will probably take that into consideration when it comes time to renew the local franchise agreement.

mogamer

join:2011-04-20
Royal Oak, MI
reply to tbare54
said by tbare54:

Just came from local comcast office in Ft Wayne, In, was going to pay my bill, but was told comcast has a new policy of charging $1.99 if you pay your bill at the office. You can put it in an envelop and drop it in the drop box or pay online and no charge.
Anything to make a BUCK

Well, how can they justify closing offices if people use them?

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV
if they close offices how are we supposed to get or exchange equipment?

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12

2 recommendations

reply to tbare54
There should be some kind of charge for typing in all caps as well.

The Q

join:2008-06-26
Collegeville, PA
reply to tbare54
It costs me 45 cents to pay my Comcast bill by mail. Outrageous I say!

Looks like there are still some free options out there to pay your bill - drop it in the dropbox or pay online.

gar187er
I do this for a living

join:2006-06-24
Dover, DE
kudos:4

1 recommendation

reply to tbare54
make a buck? you mean they dont pay those people who staff that payment location? wow that sucks...those employees need to do something about that....working all day in an abandoned building with no water, no electricity, no heat, and not get paid......wow.....horrible working conditions!!!!
--
I'm better than you!

yhp

join:2006-12-27
Philadelphia, PA
said by gar187er:

make a buck? you mean they dont pay those people who staff that payment location? wow that sucks...those employees need to do something about that....working all day in an abandoned building with no water, no electricity, no heat, and not get paid......wow.....horrible working conditions!!!!

If Comcast needs this guy's $1.99 to keep the lights and heat on at the local office, they're doin it rong.

CableTool
Poorly Representing MYSELF.
Premium
join:2004-11-12

1 edit

1 recommendation

said by yhp:

said by gar187er:

If Comcast needs this guy's $1.99 to keep the lights and heat on at the local office, they're doin it rong.

... by all reports and statements, if this is what Comcast does to "do it right" by all means keep it up. f
I guess beating all growth predictions means your doing it wrong...
--
CableTechs.org/"Horrible People with Integrity"

RalphKramden

join:2007-01-10
Newtown, PA
reply to tbare54
said by tbare54:

Just came from local comcast office in Ft Wayne, In, was going to pay my bill, but was told comcast has a new policy of charging $1.99 if you pay your bill at the office. ... Anything to make a BUCK

They don't want you to pay at the office. Therefore, they tack a charge on it to discourage you from doing it. There are other options to pay where you don't have to pay the $1.99. I assume you took advantage of one of those other options. If you did, then you behaved just as they hoped you would.

jkj860
The Final Frontier

join:2002-01-10
Valparaiso, IN
reply to tbare54
said by tbare54:

Anything to make a BUCK

I am sure at some point very soon there will be a charge of some sort to pay your bill online also. In other words, you will have to pay to pay.
--
I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I am not sure you realize what you heard is not what I meant. Nixon

sabretooth

join:2012-02-14
Marietta, GA
reply to The Q
said by The Q:

It costs me 45 cents to pay my Comcast bill by mail. Outrageous I say!

Soon to be 50 cents.
Expand your moderator at work

yhp

Philadelphia, PA
reply to sabretooth

said by sabretooth:

Soon to be 50 cents.

Visit a post office. For 50 cents, they'll take an envelope from your hands and deliver it anywhere in the country.

Visit a Comcast office with 50 cents in your pocket. What can you get for your troubles?

goofy01

join:2004-02-05
Hammond, IN
reply to jhacker

Indiana doesn't have local franchise authorities anymore. It is all now run by the state. I believe the fee for paying at the office was announced a while ago.

MannyMannyMa

@comcast.net
reply to yhp

Visit a post office. For 50 cents, they'll take an envelope from your hands and deliver it anywhere in the country.

Visit a Comcast office with 50 cents in your pocket. What can you get for your troubles?

50 cents is the perceived value of delivering a letter, so we pay it. Comcast places a much higher value on their product and we pay it. If we didn't agree with that value proposition, we wouldn't pay it.

yhp

Philadelphia, PA
reply to MannyMannyMa

Comcast places a much higher value on their product and we pay it.

Well, we know that Comcast values handing you a rental box @ $10 from this thread:

»[Bill] Comcast "Service Charge"

I wonder what they charge to tell you 'No, we don't have the box you want' and 'No we don't know when any will come in'. (Do you think that's two separate fees? Is it cheaper to bundle?)

battleop

join:2005-09-28
reply to tbare54
"You can put it in an envelop and drop it in the drop box or pay online and no charge."

So why not do either of these? I suppose it makes you feel warm and fuzzy for someone to hold you hand through the payment process?

Austinloop

join:2001-08-19
Austin, TX
kudos:1
reply to sabretooth
Buy a bunch of forever stamps prior to going to $.50.

Joe12345678

join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL
reply to yhp
most of the offices also are place there the keep all trucks / cables and other stuff that the installers / techs uses. So lights and heat are paid for under other costs.

voipnpots

join:2011-10-13
USA
reply to tbare54
In my area (South Florida), my local Comcast service center is always jam packed with a ton of pissed off people. You have to wait HOURS in line just to exchange a DTA or something. What they really need to do is open up more service center locations to relieve the extreme customer tension at their existing ones.

jhejr2

join:2010-10-10
Verona, MS
reply to tbare54
Comcast:

Close local office,better customer service =more money on bottom line.

Pay low wage person to take in equipment, and give out eqipment=better customer service = more money on bottom line.

Any problems call 1-800-comcast,our well trained customer service people are waiting to help you.

Floppy

join:2002-07-03
said by jhejr2:

Comcast:

Close local office,better customer service =more money on bottom line.

Pay low wage person to take in equipment, and give out eqipment=better customer service = more money on bottom line.

Any problems call 1-800-comcast,our well trained customer service people are waiting to help you.

Closing local offices = poor customer service for those who want to avoid additional fees by picking up equipment themselves.

MannyMannyMa

@comcast.net
reply to yhp
said by yhp:

Comcast places a much higher value on their product and we pay it.

Well, we know that Comcast values handing you a rental box @ $10

That's correct - and if we pay it, we validate the value they place on it. If I recall correctly that poster complained and his $10 was refunded. If more people do that, the message to Comcast is "we don't agree with that value proposition and we won't pay it or we'll chase after a refund, costing you time and money." Then maybe Comcast will rethink that policy.

scanpa
Premium
join:2006-09-06
Lebanon, PA

2 edits
reply to tbare54
Reportedly it will soon cost $4.95 to pay online at comcast.com, and the fee is for the 3rd. party CC / Chk processing fee.

this has been in the works since 2011.

EDIT: fixed post

dsl2012

@comcast.net
quote:
it cost $4.95 to pay online at comcast.com, and the fee is for the 3rd. party CC / Chk processing fee.
...since when? I pay online every month and am not charged.