spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Cisco Kid
@rr.com

Cisco Kid

Anon

Wireless Router

A few months back I posted a thread asking for a recommendation for an inexpensive N Router to use with Lightning Service for a 2nd property that sometimes I rent. Didn't want to purchase an expensive one...to find it got legs and walked away.

BHNtechXpert replied with a Link to this Asus at Amazon:

»www.amazon.com/ASUS-RT-N ··· 9&sr=8-3

Amazon has been out of Stock; others at the site have offered this model....but for more money.

I found this Asus Router at NewEgg.....

ASUS RT-N10+ IEEE Wireless Router EZ N 802.11b/g/n Support up to 4 SSID in Business (Open source DDWRT support)

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 33320066

The name\descriptions are close; is it the same Router? If not, as good or better than the original one recommended from Amazon?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Yea it would be the same thing but my only concern is what the actual wan to lan speeds are since this isn't a gigabit router. What I want you to do when you get this is to test it. I'll send you a couple of test sites to run on and we'll put it through the usual stuff before the return policy expires. Fair enough?

Cisco Kid
@rr.com

Cisco Kid

Anon

The original suggested model also was not a Gigabit Router 10/100....."Interface: WAN: 1x RJ45 for 10/100 BaseT, LAN: 4x RJ45 for 10/100 BaseT;"

Once the item is received I'll be back to you; Tks
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Cisco Kid

Premium Member

to Cisco Kid
I probably said the same thing then...it is a concern...not likely to be an issue but ya just never know especially since they don't publish the Wan to Lan speeds.

Cisco Kid
@rr.com

Cisco Kid

Anon

What "if"....."should I".....make the purchase a Gigabit Router. If so, a wireless N that again would be inexpensive recommendation?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to Cisco Kid

Premium Member

to Cisco Kid
Based on my experience with these routers I think you will be fine. This isn't a performance installation based on what you have told me so far and Asus hasn't nickel and dimed these routers like several other mfr's have.