uniqs
share rss forum feed

LINCSAT
Premium
join:2003-06-15
Markham, ON

[Exede] New Viasat Logo On Dish

Click for full size
I thought the forum might like to see this, orange is very interesting?

nogotee

join:2001-05-30
Weatherford, TX

Gee I am Jealous. Got the new service myself, and I got stuck with a Wildblue still on my dish. LOL
--
nogotee

compuguybna

join:2009-06-17
Nashville, TN
reply to LINCSAT

These dishes were at the CES show in Las Vegas. I am sure they had those specifically done as a promo.

micwa

join:2009-01-13
Seminary, MS

said by compuguybna:

These dishes were at the CES show in Las Vegas. I am sure they had those specifically done as a promo.

The service is now called Exede. I don't see why they wouldn't put them on the dishes.

zeddlar

join:2007-04-09
Jay, OK
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
·McDonald County ..

Yeah, they seem to be determined to leave the WildBlue name out of this, so I would fully expect that eventually they will be using Exede stamped equipment.
--
HughesNet elite plan/.74 dish w/1watt trans. / 9000 modem / 3 computers on a linksy's wired network

Storm97
Premium
join:2003-04-14
Evanston, WY
Reviews:
·All West Communi..
·Windjammer Cable
reply to LINCSAT

New Setup
Still got WildBlue on the "new" ones we are putting in here...

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
reply to LINCSAT

Never seen a dish mounted up so high. Was that a "standard" install?

Storm97
Premium
join:2003-04-14
Evanston, WY
Reviews:
·All West Communi..
·Windjammer Cable
reply to LINCSAT

No, that hole was a bit shallower. Normally we put them on a Schedule 40 pole, 8' long with 3' of it buried. We spent the better part of 3 hours trying to get through the ground there... LOTS of shale, rocks, and other unfriendly earthen material.

The customer was also concerned about her younger kids "messing around with the dish" and asked it to be higher. Building owner won't let any dishes be mounted on the building itself.
--
Words of advice for today... "Be Happy, Drink Coffee, Drive Safe!"

hdman
Flt Rider
Premium
join:2003-11-25
Appleton, WI
reply to LINCSAT

Very nice! Too bad I joined early and my Exede dish says WildBlue on it. No big deal. The service is ROCKIN fast!
--
The proper way to break in a Harley: Grab a fist full of throttle, and ride it like you stole it!!!

compuguybna

Nashville, TN
Reviews:
·Millenicom
·HughesNet Satell..
·ooma
·Virgin Mobile Br..
·Charter

What package did you get, and how are you dealing with the low caps?

said by hdman:

Very nice! Too bad I joined early and my Exede dish says WildBlue on it. No big deal. The service is ROCKIN fast!

bak2sat

@pioneer.com

Can someone with Exede that has been throttled post a speedtest? I was wondering exactly how slow it got...

JSheridan

join:2006-07-03
USA

said by bak2sat :

Can someone with Exede that has been throttled post a speedtest? I was wondering exactly how slow it got...

Nobody's been throttled yet. The usage meter isn't working right yet so they aren't enforcing the caps yet.

hdman
Flt Rider
Premium
join:2003-11-25
Appleton, WI
Reviews:
·exede by ViaSat
reply to compuguybna

I have 2 teenagers, myself and my wife. Simply put, we have always had to deal with caps and Exede is no different. We had Wildblue years ago, and went to a 3G cellular service, now we moved to Excede. So, the bottom line is that we use less than 10G per month. I don't let the kids stream movies, but they certainly stream music, check emails, surf the web, etc. We do updates to the Xbox 360, PS3, and the Wii, and as of yet, have never hit any cap. I'm a little worried with Exced since my daughter has realized she can easily stream music videos, but a quick change to the router will cure that.....

HDMan
--
The proper way to break in a Harley: Grab a fist full of throttle, and ride it like you stole it!!!

nogotee

Weatherford, TX
reply to micwa

me too. but I love the service. Nothing like VOIP
--
nogotee

nogotee

Weatherford, TX
reply to JSheridan

These results from the Weatherford, Tx office

I am puzzled by them. I just know that they were slow at the first use of WB1 F2 and AMC15 sats as well. They will boost the speed possibly as things come together.

I was getting 775 on my test the other day. This was tested at 7.51 pm Central time.
--
nogotee

nogotee

Weatherford, TX
reply to hdman

YES!! you are correct.... and as the siggy says.... we are driving WB like we stole it.
--
nogotee

DrStrangLov

@12.189.32.x
reply to nogotee

said by nogotee:

These results from the Weatherford, Tx office...I am puzzled by them.

If one is using Exede's 5 mbps service...the relevant question is how do web pages load during primetime?

With 500+kbps, along with AcceleNet processing, I would expect most all html pages to load quickly...as based upon my experiences using WB in the beginning days.