Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

exeter

join:2011-02-07
Reviews:
·Bright House

[speed/latency] Please file a complaint with PUC

Here is the link to file an online complaint as well as the phone number.

Please everyone having problems with their internet speeds and all call the PUC
»www.puc.nh.gov/Consumer/complaint.htm

JGatsby

@myfairpoint.net

Complaint registered under 'MISC'. Lets decide exactly how to submit these complaints so that they can be tallied based on a computer search. If 'MISC' (since internet is not regulated but Fairpoint is still under scrutiny for various data based promises) is a appropriate, please use it. I've been sitting back a bit but tonight, I can't even stream SD video from HGTV without massive rebuffering.

-Gatsby

JGatsby

@myfairpoint.net

Sorry, one more thing - remember that this only started happening (at least for me but I really think for all of us) AFTER they tied us into a 2 year contract for that upgraded speed. Please note that, it is pertinent!

exeter

Reviews:
·Bright House

It started in June of last year. I have posted many complaints of issues and the issues are getting worse.

I am conisdering producing a tv commercial for Comcast with my take as a customer. my experience switching from Fairpoint to Comcast. That now speeds are much more consistant, cheapers, and I have only experienced a brief 20 minute outage in November 2011. I have both services, because of the nature of my business and being in the VOIP business I need to have 100% uptime.

I was using Fairpoing as my primary, now Comcast is my primary and Fairpoint is my backup provider.

The other thing that I see as being strange is that Fairpoint reduced my bill from $57.99 to $21.99 per month. So I don't know if its because of the many tech tickets that I have opened about the issue.

In addition I have contacts within Verizon in Boston that say that Fairpoint is struggling to pay their bill that the OC48 they claim is overrun, is really reduced in speed. Fairpoint has failed to pay their bill many times in the last 12 months.. The issue has been getting worse. And OC48 is more than enough bandwidth to cover the three states that it services it. So we are not getting the full OC48 that they claim we have coming into our fairpoint service that is oversold. More people are moving away from Fairpoint. I can attest to that cause I have launched a campainge in my voip consulting business to move as many customers off of the fairpoint phone and internet, and they now have Comcast cable or metro fiber and our digital phone services.

jadziedzic
Premium
join:2005-12-12
Nashua, NH
reply to JGatsby

said by JGatsby :

Sorry, one more thing - remember that this only started happening (at least for me but I really think for all of us) AFTER they tied us into a 2 year contract for that upgraded speed.

The response and bandwidth problems started surfacing shortly after FairPoint started their promotion for 30/15 FAST for cheap money. Don't attribute to scheming that which can be explained by incompetence: FairPoint's promotional pricing on FAST has simply caused them to oversell their network capacity.

jadziedzic
Premium
Nashua, NH
reply to exeter

I received a response early last week from a representative of the NH PUC who said they would contact FairPoint and see if they could escalate the issue. A few days later I started getting daily calls from a tech support supervisor at FairPoint. No resolution so far, but perhaps some fires are being kindled.

After you've contacted the PUC, contact your local media (newspaper, television) and see if you can get their consumer advocate to look into the problem. I've sent off a few e-mails to David Brooks at The Telegraph, but haven't gotten any response.

JGatsby

@myfairpoint.net
reply to jadziedzic

I had not implied that it was a nefarious plot but prior to that speed upgrade/price lowering/contract for two years, I never had an issue with 15/15. Thus it IS pertinent that anyone who went to that plan got locked in with a significantly lower service level.

rcilink
Premium
join:2003-12-15
Manchester, NH

I have a 5/2 FAST account from the very early days of when "VZ FiOS" was rolled into town. I can tell you that I never took any of the promotions for new speeds.. it is still PPPoE with 5/2, with the original ONT.

I am seeing the same mega slowdown that you are seeing on your new price/speed tier.

I really think the big problem is the Fairpoint backhaul being unable to handle the load we customers are putting on it.
Now the question is What is Fairpoint's plan to fix this situation??

I can't find anyone willing to answer that.

tgash70

@verizon-gni.net
reply to exeter

I am in Nashua and have the 30/15 package. I too am getting DSL or worse speeds. I did file a complaint with the PUC. Received a call last Thursday evening from a lady named Judy at Fairpoint. She confirmed that Fairpoint is aware of this issue. She also advised me that Fairpoint is working on network upgrades to 'resolve' the problem. However the fixes won't be complete until sometime in April. She said there really is nothing that can done until to bare with them and wait for the upgrades to complete. This is not acceptable in my mind - something needs to happen sooner. We are paying for services we are not getting.

If I receive any further updates I will pass them along.

Tom

jadziedzic
Premium
Nashua, NH

I received the same story from the same person. I would suggest calling the billing department during the day and telling them you are not paying for an Internet connection that is worse than dial-up during the evenings. If you're persistent you should be able to get them to credit part (or all) of the charges.

exeter

Reviews:
·Bright House

Thanks for the post and support. April is too far away for me to wait. I have already contact a lawyer and plan to start legal proceedings against fairpoint.

Judy is the same person that emailed a tech about the issue. And again said the same thing roughly that they are oversold in capacity that they would not be doing anything about it right away.

I can tell you that I am not paying any more bills till they resolve the issue.

Everyone is getting $39.99 per month while I pay nearly $80 and they tell me that its too bad that I have to wait, while the people paying half the price steal my bandwidth!! BS..

exeter

Reviews:
·Bright House

Please everyone send a complaint to the PUC. If you have Judy's contact number please post it here. We all need all contact her every day till this issue is resolved. Its our right to get what we paid for and no longer get taken for a ride by these crooks!!!

They are again on finacials bad side. I hope they just drown and verizon or someone else more willing to service their customers comes in and takes over!

exeter

Reviews:
·Bright House

I was contacted by a member of the PUC in NH. As I expected, they told me that they do not regulate the Internet. However I brought up the point that they made the approval to take over NH by providing a condition that Fairpoint build out their Broadband to smaller areas of the state that didn't have access to DSL or Cable.

So I asked, by is it that the PUC can order a condition of sale on a product they do not regulate. This to me seems to be a double standard order.

And really to tell you the truth, if you tell me.. The PUC is the one to blame as so many in the public conference provided negative feedback and predictions based on SMART research.

If I am not able to see results in the matter, I will not only file a wrongful claim against Fairpoint, I will also file a law suit against the state of New Hampshire. Based on the fact they were negligent in their research (lack of research) into the studies that would have found very quickly that the take over of the Verizon service in NH would end up being a disaster!!

Oh and another thing, the PUC should rethink their stance on the regulations of Internet, while Comcast, Vonage and others carry their RESIDENTIAL PHONE SERVICE over the Internet, it now makes the Internet an essential service for RESIDENTIAL PHONE, by means calling the INTERNET a regulated product WHILE these services ride on this connection.

Please every file complaints, call the PUC, call the FCC. Please make it clear that you will not take this BS from Fairpoint anymore.

Also in the NEWS (well my research), I found that before Verizon sold NH they had finished the connection of another OC48 DARK FIBER from their interconnection point in MASS to NH. This OC48 is still in place and can be turned up with a simple phone call. What Fairpoint is claiming is that they need to "build out additional resources to keep up with current demand on our network. We expect to have this completed my mid April of this year...."

Really?

Uh huh. Verizon rep on the wholesale bandwidth side has confirmed anonymously that the OC48 is ready to light up that it is a matter of financials that are holding up Fairpoints upgrade.

So the challenge I have as another explaination had been brought to light about the over selling of this OC48 connection is that they ran a promotion that sold better than expected.

However I would have asked Fairpoint, didn't you see this one comming.. Just by offering a price 3 times cheaper than what I am paying for the same level of service has drasticly reduced my quality of service.

So you put people on MY network that I pay for at 3 times the discount and I am the one suffering? Again BS!!!

I have run businesses in the network and voip for 10 years now, and I will tell you that I have never seen anything so piss poor in my life. Fairpoint has created a very bad taste in my mouth not to mention the results of a piss poor quality service has cause some businesses to leave this state and move south to Mass. so they can be on a network that is stable and reliable.

I am not getting what I paid for. I am telling you that almost 9 months now I have been dealing with this issue, and its finally gotten so bad that its a daily thing..

Speeds right now are 341ms, 2.4 down 5.3 up.

I am getting more upload then download. WTF!!!!

Testing Comcast on their 12/2 business service now to compare:

33.99 up and 13.06 down with Comcast 9ms ping to the same location in Manchester

So I am getting faster the speed quoted both up and down, plus I pay $20 less per month

Again WHAT THE FRUK!

exeter

Reviews:
·Bright House

At this point I wouldn't waste my time with the PUC. They are a bunch of mommies and daddies just answering the phone and telling you to be a good little boy and girl.

If you want humor read my newest post about the tech showing up unannounced, and the cops being called in because of his general demeanor.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4
reply to exeter

You are still on this kick? Use your Comcast line, drop Fairpoint, and lose the stress.
You never did post your research and your proof about the OC48.

exeter

Yea Steve...

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium
join:2005-03-14
Putnam, CT
kudos:4

Steve?