A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to antdude

Re: Satellite or cable service for local TV broadcasts?

Beside cable, do any of these satellite TV services even carry ONLY local broadcast channels for lower costs/prices? I don't care for the movies, ESPN, AMC, TNT, Discovery, TBS, Nickelodeon, etc. I noticed they all include them.

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2

I think Dish Network used to offer a "locals only" package but doesn't anymore. You mentioned wanting some foreign programming as I recall, yes ? If so, I do believe they will sell you just the foreign channel or package + locals.

Otherwise, Dish does have a "Welcome Pack" or "Family Pack" (can't recall name now) that's pretty stripped down and includes locals.

I had DirecTV a long time ago so I can't speak for what they offer (other than looking at their website).

Hall
Premium,MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH
kudos:2
reply to antdude

Dish Family: »www.dish.com/entertainment/packa···-family/

Looking at DirecTV's website, they don't list anything, at least easy to find, similar. That's not to say they don't have something close.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to Hall

said by Hall:

I think Dish Network used to offer a "locals only" package but doesn't anymore. You mentioned wanting some foreign programming as I recall, yes ? If so, I do believe they will sell you just the foreign channel or package + locals.

Otherwise, Dish does have a "Welcome Pack" or "Family Pack" (can't recall name now) that's pretty stripped down and includes locals.

I had DirecTV a long time ago so I can't speak for what they offer (other than looking at their website).

Yeah, Dish's Welcome Pack is the cheapest and lowest, but it has the extra channels IM don't care for. I will worry about the foreign ones later since they all have them as extra addons for fees. I remember them not being cheap either. Oy!

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
reply to antdude

Dish's support.

Hi!

Is it me or is Dish support really bad? I filled out their e-mail forms to contact Dish three times this week with questions about their TV services, but so far no e-mail replies. I used two different e-mail addresses and ISPs (work and home) too. This is not looking good. At least TWC and DirecTV were quick and responsive.

Thank you in advance.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by antdude:

Hi!

Is it me or is Dish support really bad? I filled out their e-mail forms to contact Dish three times this week with questions about their TV services, but so far no e-mail replies. I used two different e-mail addresses and ISPs (work and home) too. This is not looking good. At least TWC and DirecTV were quick and responsive.

Thank you in advance.

Finally, someone (Katrina L.- KPW; TID: OR – Infiniti; DISH Network eCare) replied. It took them five days? Sheesh.