A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
reply to 88615298

Re: Satellite or cable service for local TV broadcasts?

said by 88615298:

said by antdude:

Hello.

In a few months, my family and I (three people) will be relocating/moving to another house. We won't be able to get free over the air (OTA) due to a small mountain/giant hill blocking transmitters for Los Angeles/L.A. broadcasts. It is impossible to get a very high antenna (would require a high rise building height with twenty floors -- 193 or more feet for the local English stations in green color according to TVFool.com!).

Could you post your TVfool results. You can get in stations that are not in green. My best station is on the mid range of yellow and I can get that in with a small antenna indoors.

Previous home owner had to use satellite dish for TV service. See:
»i.imgur.com/q7LS4.jpg
»www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapp···09db0c9f
»i.imgur.com/KWz13.gif

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
said by antdude:

said by 88615298:

said by antdude:

Hello.

In a few months, my family and I (three people) will be relocating/moving to another house. We won't be able to get free over the air (OTA) due to a small mountain/giant hill blocking transmitters for Los Angeles/L.A. broadcasts. It is impossible to get a very high antenna (would require a high rise building height with twenty floors -- 193 or more feet for the local English stations in green color according to TVFool.com!).

Could you post your TVfool results. You can get in stations that are not in green. My best station is on the mid range of yellow and I can get that in with a small antenna indoors.

Previous home owner had to use satellite dish for TV service. See:
»i.imgur.com/q7LS4.jpg
»www.tvfool.com/?option=com_wrapp···09db0c9f
»i.imgur.com/KWz13.gif

antennaweb doesn't mean anything to me that site sucks.

The top 4 on TVfool you should be able to get, but KNBC would be difficult and KCBS would be highly unlikely so I guess you're stuck on getting satellite or cable.

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

1 edit
said by 88615298:

antennaweb doesn't mean anything to me that site sucks.

The top 4 on TVfool you should be able to get, but KNBC would be difficult and KCBS would be highly unlikely so I guess you're stuck on getting satellite or cable.

Ah thanks. Yeah, I do watch NBC, CBS, etc. And there's no way to get an antenna that high either.

FYI: »i.imgur.com/LTao8.jpg and »i.imgur.com/XThYd.jpg (shots of the house). You can see trees are way taller than the chimney. »i.imgur.com/q7LS4.jpg for Antennaweb's results from December 2011.

OK now back to my original questions. Which one to get? Cable or satellite for local broadcast stations only?

Hayward
K A R - 1 2 0 C
Premium
join:2000-07-13
Key West, FL
kudos:1
If you are sold on Roadrunner, then probably best deal is going to be TW bundle.

Sat TV might be cheaper, but add in the internet only surcharge for RR alone maybe not, plus cable usually has the digital sub channels sat does not. Also likely to have all the locals not just the majors.
--

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
said by Hayward:

If you are sold on Roadrunner, then probably best deal is going to be TW bundle.

Sat TV might be cheaper, but add in the internet only surcharge for RR alone maybe not, plus cable usually has the digital sub channels sat does not. Also likely to have all the locals not just the majors.

It is still $52.99 without cable TV for TWC's standard RR Internet service.