chamberc
Premium
join:2008-08-05
Irving, TX

1 edit
reply to runner77

Re: [TWC] Dallas/Ft Worth Metro Vol II -- Time Warner

said by runner77:

Does anyone know if I can swap my DVR out for a DCX3400-M box if I don't have the whole home DVR setup? In other words, does TWC let non-whole home customers to have the DCX3400-M box?

I swapped out 2 of my three 3400's this week for 3400m boxes. I am glad to have remote DVR but am not in love with Navagator. You can only see 8 characters of the name of the program you recorded and the menu lag reminds you of pre a28 iGuide. If this is the future, it may be worse than iGuide.

Sigh.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3

said by chamberc:

said by runner77:

Does anyone know if I can swap my DVR out for a DCX3400-M box if I don't have the whole home DVR setup? In other words, does TWC let non-whole home customers to have the DCX3400-M box?

I swapped out 2 of my three 3400's this week for 3400m boxes. I am glad to have remote DVR but am not in love with Navagator. You can only see 8 characters of the name of the program you recorded and the menu lag reminds you of pre a28 iGuide. If this is the future, it may be worse than iGuide.

Sigh.

keep the remaining DCX3400 as long as you can I was told yesterday by a csr that coming very soon that the iGuide boxes are going to get the update for Start Over/Lookback and Caller id on TV. There should be an announcement in the bill as early as next month. I was told back in november it should be around april of this year that the update should happen. I was also told you will get a motorola box with navigator unless they only have older DCX3400s or older which they will still give out until they all die out eventually.

MeInDallas

join:2001-08-17
Dallas, TX

I just keep hoping and praying that they will get a 4 tuner DVR soon to keep up with everyone else.