Bob Vance, VR
Premium
join:2002-05-28
Spokane, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast

[Snow] Dual External Monitors on MB?

Hey all,

We're changing our work system around, and I currently work remotely 100% of the time through my Windows desktop. We're moving over to remote desktop computing, so right now I'm using my Macbook with Microsoft remote desktop to access the new work computer. I use dual monitors for work, and am looking to use dual external monitors now, as well. My question is whether anyone has had success hooking up dual external monitors to their MB. I searched and found a couple off-brand adapters, but since this is for work I want to make sure I go with the best possible application (read: apple-branded, so I know who to blame if there are issues). Have any of you had luck with dual externals on a Macbook? If so, what adapter did you use?
--
Blame it on the C2H5OH

HiVolt
Premium
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON
kudos:21
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·TekSavvy Cable
What Macbook? What Video ports does it have? you're not giving us much to work with here.

In any case, I don't think Apple ever supported more than a single external display on any Macbook or MacBook Pro. You certainly won't find an Apple-branded adapter for it.

You might want to check this out, Matrox DualHead2Go DP (Displayport edition), if you have a newer MB/MBP with a mini-displayport.

»www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/gxm/mac/
--
GO LEAFS GO!

Cody
Bob Vance, VR
Premium
join:2002-05-28
Spokane, WA
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Cody
Sorry for the lack of details - I was thinking that all MB had mini DP. This one is the first gen intel GMA950. That's the adapter I found, but was hoping for an apple branded one - but if they don't make them as you say, I may end up going that route. I know the video card on this isn't that good so I'm not sure it'll support the resolutions any way - but it runs 1280 x 800 + 1920 x 1080 right now, and it'll be running 1920 x 1080 + 1280 x 1024 if I can get this to work - so it's not a huge jump. I may have to just pick up another computer for this. Thanks!
--
Blame it on the C2H5OH