spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ivanpasic
join:2010-12-07
Toronto, ON

ivanpasic

[DSL] Sending email through iCloud

Hello everyone, a quick question I am hoping someone can help me with... I used to be with Rogers and switched to TekSavvy because they have no caps. I have a Mac and use iCloud email. I noticed that since I switched to TekSavvy it takes a good 30 seconds to send an email, whereas with Rogers it was instantaneous. Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

Thanks!
redgrandam
join:2010-08-10
London, ON

redgrandam

Is it only with iCloud? Try with a gmail server or something. My email often takes a few moments to send, but I haven't had a good Internet service (other than TSI) to compare too. I use a Mac at home, mail app, gmail. It's never instantaneous that I've noticed. Someone's receiving seems like forever.

Edit
Only difference is I'm on TSI cable
ivanpasic
Toronto, ON

ivanpasic

Thanks. I don't use any other email provider.

This delay is new - I switched from Rogers last week and noticed it was taking a lot longer to send email. It's not about internet speed though (even though i switched from 50 MBs to 25 MBs), as I don't really notice anything else being much slower.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

Is this for all emails or only emails with attachments? As the switch from Rogers 50Mbps to TekSavvy 24Mbps drops your upload rate from 2Mbps to 1Mbps.
ivanpasic
Toronto, ON

ivanpasic

Thanks.

No, it's for all emails. And I actually switched to the 25/7 deal so my upload is a lot faster.

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

said by ivanpasic:

Thanks.

No, it's for all emails. And I actually switched to the 25/7 deal so my upload is a lot faster.

My bad, I missed the DSL tag.

I would recommend signing up for a Gmail account to eliminate that the issue is with either iCloud or TekSavvy and than you'll be able to go from there.

I'm currently using Gmail on my TekSavvy cable and my emails are sent fairly fast.