spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ConfusedinON
@rogers.com

ConfusedinON

Anon

[TV] Hamilton Ontario

Does Rogers Cable service Hamilton Ontario? I've looked online and google says 4 different cable companies service Hamilton which I have never ever seen before. I'm moving to Hamilton from Oshawa in 2 months and would rather transfer my services then set up brand news ones with another cable company. I even chatted in with a rep at rogers and they had no clue. Told me to call in.

Does anyone know if Hamilton, ON is a rogers area or not?

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Hamilton is not served by Rogers.

It is served by Shaw (who bought Mountain Cable), Cogeco, and Source Cable (once known as SouthMount Cable)

Even if you were with Rogers, when you move it's not really a transfer!

And each of those companies by the way, serves a specific part of the Hamilton area without overlap.

ConfusedOSH
@rogers.com

ConfusedOSH

Anon

said by sbrook:

Hamilton is not served by Rogers.

It is served by Shaw (who bought Mountain Cable), Cogeco, and Source Cable (once known as SouthMount Cable)

Even if you were with Rogers, when you move it's not really a transfer!

And each of those companies by the way, serves a specific part of the Hamilton area without overlap.

Okay thanks. That helps. So that means I have to determine which company serves the street that I'm moving to. Thanks for answering. Much appreciated.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to ConfusedinON

Mod

to ConfusedinON
That's it ... for such a small geographic area it's amazing that no one company has bought up the whole area. That said, the mountain does really divide things up!

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

don't forget, thered also mountain cable too in hamilton.
cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently
join:2011-04-19

1 edit

cog_biz_user to ConfusedinON

to ConfusedinON
said by ConfusedinON :

Does Rogers Cable service Hamilton Ontario? I've looked online and google says 4 different cable companies service Hamilton which I have never ever seen before. I'm moving to Hamilton from Oshawa in 2 months and would rather transfer my services then set up brand news ones with another cable company. I even chatted in with a rep at rogers and they had no clue. Told me to call in.

like the guys above me said, hamilton is not served by rogers. however, we might be able to find out what ISP your new area is served by if you could tell us where that is.

edit: as memory serves, the west mountain is shaw (mountain cable), the east mountain is southmount, and downtown is cogeco, except for a small pocket of the mountain (concession/upper wentworth/upper sherman), which is also cogeco.

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti U6-LR
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

TLS2000 to Pauly

Premium Member

to Pauly
said by Pauly:

don't forget, thered also mountain cable too in hamilton.

Mountain Cable is Shaw now.

dillyhammer
START me up
Premium Member
join:2010-01-09
Scarborough, ON

dillyhammer to ConfusedOSH

Premium Member

to ConfusedOSH
Shaw Cable serves a specific area of Hamilton, whereas Shaw Direct serves all of Hamilton.

FYI, if you wind up speaking with Shaw Direct, you may want to consider starting the conversation along the lines of "I was going to order Cogeco [or name of your cable provider] but thought I'd give you a call first". They go into poaching mode and start throwing free stuff at you for your business.

Mike

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

nice to see shaw cable is back in ontario.

ConfusedOSH
@rogers.com

ConfusedOSH to cog_biz_user

Anon

to cog_biz_user
said by cog_biz_user:

said by ConfusedinON :

like the guys above me said, hamilton is not served by rogers. however, we might be able to find out what ISP your new area is served by if you could tell us where that is.

edit: as memory serves, the west mountain is shaw (mountain cable), the east mountain is southmount, and downtown is cogeco, except for a small pocket of the mountain (concession/upper wentworth/upper sherman), which is also cogeco.

We will be On Ellis Ave, Hamilton, ON
cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently
join:2011-04-19

cog_biz_user

said by ConfusedOSH :

We will be On Ellis Ave, Hamilton, ON

ah. that's definitely cogeco country.