ctggzg
Premium Member
join:2005-02-11
USA

ctggzg to tbare54

Premium Member

to tbare54

Re: $1.99 FEE to PAY BILL AT LOCAL COMCAST OFFICE

No offense, but why should I subsidize people who waste a human Comcast employee's time to use an obsolete method of payment? They have every right to charge people for what they use.
yhp
join:2006-12-27
Philadelphia, PA

yhp

said by ctggzg:

[...]waste a human Comcast employee's time

You misspelled "provide basic customer service".

to use an obsolete method of payment? They have every right to charge people for what they use.

Comcast got the math wrong on what its prices need to be to cover basic customer service for things _Comcast_ deems necessary (such as having a piece of their hardware behind every screen in the home). That's their call.

As for bill payment, everyone's situation is different. US Mail is only easy and cheap if you have a free checking account, for example. A whole host of things have to be in place before e-billing makes sense: things that might be a no-brainer to you, but not to everybody. Part of the sweet deal they enjoy of collecting $$ from every house with a TV is that they have to deal with outliers, either in technology, knowledge, time, being at home for UPS deliveries, cash on hand, or payment methods available to those customers.

Bottom line: You want to collect from everybody? You gotta serve everybody. When I've seen folks in line at the office, it never looks like a giant party to me - nobody's there unless they have to be.