join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to JB

Re: [PvE] Returning after a few months

said by JB:

Paladin > Priest, especially if you're looking to heal.

as with all things, YMMV. I'm having an absolute blast double healing on my priest (though I prefer my disc spec over my holy spec). Pally healing has its sweet spot, especially in LFR where overall raid dmg is relatively low and most dmg is on the tanks, pallys top the meters. When you start getting massive raidwide dmg, h.priest, r.shaman, r.druid start shining (again, it all depends on the player as to who comes out on top).
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego
"You never truly know someone... until you fight them"

Angelicfury

join:2001-10-28
Buffalo, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
In my experience I did Prot Palli from 1-85 mainly in dungeons. I had fun with it till I hit 85 and mostly everyone seemed to be zergers or cross haired focused DPS. I literally stopped playing and created my Holy Pali. I've read guides about Disc spec and tried it. I totally FAIL healing in Disc spec (not due to lack of trying).

I would like to rez my Pali and do some awesomeness with him again and its something I have on my to do list. I've ventured over to askmrrobot.com or whatever it is and chose not to stack stam gems. I guess my exp is a little off when it comes to trying to hit cap while trying not to be squishy.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by Angelicfury:

In my experience I did Prot Palli from 1-85 mainly in dungeons. I had fun with it till I hit 85 and mostly everyone seemed to be zergers or cross haired focused DPS. I literally stopped playing and created my Holy Pali. I've read guides about Disc spec and tried it. I totally FAIL healing in Disc spec (not due to lack of trying).

I would like to rez my Pali and do some awesomeness with him again and its something I have on my to do list. I've ventured over to askmrrobot.com or whatever it is and chose not to stack stam gems. I guess my exp is a little off when it comes to trying to hit cap while trying not to be squishy.

don't worry so much about hit/expertise cap at 85. focus more on dodge/parry/mastery. the recent buff to threat was huge. »maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/···#p671091

edit: While I do not have a pally tank at max level, our main tank is a pally. He does try to keep his hit above 4%... but I think that's mostly asthetic... he hates seeing his avenger's shield fly off the screen with a miss, lol.

--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego
"You never truly know someone... until you fight them"