No-BHELL-ity DOES have its Advantages
Premium
join:2009-06-15
START Today!
kudos:7
reply to AM4321

Re: switching from cogeco-which isp?

said by AM4321:

ruddypict, would you mind telling me which isp your are using? How do I go about ordering MLPPP?

Do not do that until after you check Bell's lookup.

If a single faster DSL line is possible, that would be better, simpler to make work, more ISPs would offer it (not all do MLPPP) and also would cost less than 2 slower lines with MLPPP.

ruddypict

join:2010-03-24
kudos:2

said by Davesnothere:

said by AM4321:

ruddypict, would you mind telling me which isp your are using? How do I go about ordering MLPPP?

Do not do that until after you check Bell's lookup.

If a single faster DSL line is possible, that would be better, simpler to make work, more ISPs would offer it (not all do MLPPP) and also would cost less than 2 slower lines with MLPPP.

Dave does have some really good advice here. Basically you go to Bell's website, put in your address and/or number, and see what speeds you qualify for. If you qualify for higher speed DSL, you can also get it from a third party DSL provider (like the ones I mentioned).

Another thing I did, was I looked for a place that had a money back guarantee if I wasn't happy with the speed. It let me check to see if my line speed was going to be sufficient for my needs.