Mississauga, ON

1 edit

Satya

MSN Wireless

Has anyone ever used these guys or even heard of them? lol

www.msnwireless.ca

They are advertising on kijiji:

»toronto.kijiji.ca/c-buy- ··· 55909022

Sounds too good to be true and probably is. They have various offices in GTA. I am trying to do more research and find complaints about scams and such online but I am unable to.

May anyone here shed some light on these guys?

Actually called them up. Those unlimited data plans are with mobilicity. Not sure about the internet.

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26

Premium Member

No idea on who MSN Wireless is but they are simply resellers of other providers.

TekSavvy for internet (with questionable service plans), not sure for TV but I suspect some kind of IPTV and Mobilicity for wireless plans.

state
stress magnet
Mod
join:2002-02-08
Purgatory

state to Satya

Mod

to Satya
said by Satya:

Has anyone ever used these guys or even heard of them? lol

The Better Business Bureau is always a good resource to tap when checking out an unfamiliar company:
»www.bbb.org/kitchener/bu ··· -1215504
the cerberus
join:2007-10-16
Richmond Hill, ON

2 edits

the cerberus to BACONATOR26

to BACONATOR26
not a very professional company.
their internet speed tiers dont match up with any cable provider, none of rogers, cogeco, videotron or shaw provide 30/1, 15/0.5 or 5/0.5mbps yet they say they are cable.
not to mention the incorrect usage of MB (implies Bytes instead of bits) instead of mb, mbit, or mbps.
»www.msnwireless.ca/internet.php
somethings fishy about this company.
also overage charges are straight up laughable @ $1/Megabyte.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to Satya

Premium Member

to Satya
Derry and Airport Rd... need I say more.....

FiReSTaRT
Premium Member
join:2010-02-26
Canada

1 recommendation

FiReSTaRT to state

Premium Member

to state
said by state:

The Better Business Bureau is always a good resource to tap when checking out an unfamiliar company:
»www.bbb.org/kitchener/bu ··· -1215504

Unless the company pays up and all of the negative stuff "inexplicably" vanishes
scorpido
Premium Member
join:2009-11-02
Abbotsford, BC

scorpido to elwoodblues

Premium Member

to elwoodblues
said by elwoodblues:

Derry and Airport Rd... need I say more.....

lol. Thats funny, I hope I'm not the only one who gets that joke since it is so true..lol
wilsonlam97
join:2010-12-08
Scarborough, ON

wilsonlam97 to Satya

to Satya
Let the Microsoft suing rain this company.
kojam
join:2012-03-08
North York, ON

kojam to Satya

to Satya
I work near that location...should I pay them a surprise visit? Ha ha ha...

Found them by total accident yesterday.
Saw the BBB thing too, but not really sure how much stock that holds...
Trying to research them since I've had it with Velcom....just called for some details. Noticed a slight echo whenever I spoke, and the rep had a Philipino accent so asked which country they are in, "Dubai" she says. What?! Every other ISP I see these days are out of Quebec...AND THEY ALL HAVE CONSITENTLY BAD REVIEWS!
She was new and didn't want to mislead me, so suggested I call local office. Tried calling Vaughan office 2 times...got some guy's voice mail. Seems to be a personal cell. NOT A GOOD SIGN.
Still, curious to find out (although seems too good to be true) but ran out of time...
Dunno...my "Spidey Sense" tingles at this one.

Guess it's TekSavvy 4 me....
juggy b
join:2012-07-23
Etobicoke, ON

juggy b to Satya

to Satya
DO NOT BUY!!! they have the worst customer service and tend to put up the prices when you sign their contract. They claim that there is no cancelation fees but will later tell that there was a change in the contract with out informing you.
msnwireless
join:2012-08-27
canada

msnwireless

MSN Wireless has not raised its rates for Internet Services.

However for Wireless, yes it has raised rates with its 1st notice to users in March 2012, with its 2nd notice with a courtesy phone call in April, May, June 2012, and 3rd notice via SMS on July 1st, which is 30 days, and on August 1st the company increased its Wireless phone plans rates.

It was the first time since November 2005. In addition, the rates are still relatively lower than other companies.

The Internet provided is through all major carriers including Cable and Fibre/DSL, including bandwidth provided by Peer1.

Hope this information helps.

Cheers!
msnwireless

msnwireless to Satya

to Satya
Yes we exist
msnwireless

msnwireless to Satya

to Satya
We are very much active, and here.

infamouskid
join:2007-01-24
White Rock, BC

infamouskid to Satya

to Satya
so why cant we see a network coverage map or get some technical info on the products and services on the homepage?
msnwireless
canada

msnwireless

we are working on it, should be up soon. you can check bell.ca/coverage its the same in the mean time.

rogersmogers
@start.ca

rogersmogers

Anon

the BBB is worthless. You give them a little money and your score/rating increases.

John A
@acndigital.net

John A to Satya

Anon

to Satya
This company is pretty much a scam, i had them for about a year and then cut my service when i noticed they were billing me random transactions on my credit card, after ending my contract with them I looked back at statements from older months and noticed phony transactions such as (1) 911 Fee (2) MISC Charge (3) NSF Fee
(4) Wireless number fee .....so AVOID at all costs.

simply
@primus.ca

simply to Satya

Anon

to Satya
DON'T GO WITH MSN WIRELESS !!! I've been with them for over 2 years now ... i don't even want to talk to them anymore! The only reason i'm with them is because of financial problems and they are cheap with their service. BUT their customer service sucks !!

I went out of the province and they disconnected my phone without even telling me! When i called in, they said i had to come into the branch and when i repeatedly tried telling them that i couldn't as i was no where near home, they simply did not care and just repeated that i needed to go into the store in mississauga.

And now! worst ever! I had to attend a funeral out of the province and they disconnected my phone again! No reason, no notification, NOTHING! When i called in, they come up with random numbers how i owe them over $100 cause of the USAGE! get this!!! I HAVE AN UNLIMITED PLAN! how on earth do i go over my usage ??? and then he says, my plan has been changed !! And i wasn't even the one who changed it! Then when i ask "What usage" then he replies, oh, you have an "unauthorized" handset! WTF !!!

People unlock their phones all the time to use with other companies! Isn't that what u have to do when msn wireless sells crappy handsets for an arm and a leg !!! When was the last time you heard that your account is affected by the TYPE of handset you have ?!?!?!

They are a fucked up company, i strongly strongly suggest you don't go with them! I wish i could get their company to shut down, they are very misleading and money hungry!

Pauly
join:2004-05-29
canada

Pauly

i never go with cheap companies, you pay for what u get
msnwireless
canada

msnwireless to simply

to simply
@simply... You have been with us for two years now, and we are definitely the cheapest in Canada, we can bet on that. We have no contracts, and no credit checks. If payment is not made on time, service is suspended immediately, no question. You are charged a late payment charge (NSF) since we do give advance notification 10 days prior to the bill being due, on each and every call you do get reminder to pay your bill on time. If we had credit checks we would gladly provide you uninterrupted service, but we cannot do this at this time. No other Canadian company gives you constant reminders for 10 days straight, with a courtesy, SMS, as well. We put more money into our clients than any other company in Canada at our level, including the prepaid market. Any other Prepaid carrier, would remind you 2 or 3 times by SMS or a single phone call. But we do it for 10 days straight, each and every outgoing call, so if you make 1 call or 100 calls, you are reminded each time.

we have agents and stores across Canada. As well we have over 10,000 points of payment including website payment option available. More payment points than any other company in Canada. Any Canadian credit union or bank can take your payment, as well as Western Union locations.

We are not sure which plan you have, but your calls must route through our network as you know. If your calls route through the BELL network it costs money, considered roaming, by using unauthorized phones, that are not sold by us or provided by us, you need to update your settings, when you change your handset, manually. Also, if you have a local plan...as we only have two plans, either you have a local plan for the city in which you live, or you have a Canada wide plan, its very simple.

Please contact us directly, and if you are dissatisfied with customer service, you are most welcome to drop by any store location that may be close to you.

Our handsets are low-end feature phones, our focus has always been on the small medium business, owner operators, truckers, plumbers, trades people love our phones, ZTE and Huawei is our manufacturing partner and we have been selling our phones for years, they last longer than any other leading brands out there for the purpose they were built for. We focus on Voice Calls and SMS and these handsets serve the purpose of the majority of our clients.

Such a loyal customer such as yourself should not have to go through so much. Still if you wish to cancel service, please contact us directly so that we can help you get rid of your misery.

@Paolo is right, you do pay for what you get, and we provide the BEST coverage, at the BEST price, we focus on SELF SERVICE, we have a client portal where you can see all your bills, call logs and etc.

We have just partnered up with Walmart Canada, and you should see us in more places soon.

We are also working on high end smart phones, please keep checking back with us and once we have them available, you may look to purchase.

Thanks
msnwireless

msnwireless to John A

to John A
We are not a scam. and the charges you saw are not phony. We have a 911 fee (Paid Yearly $1 per month), We have a Late Payment Charge (NSF) $15, so if you pay your bill late you will pay this fee, we have a Wireless Number Fee (Paid Yearly $1 per month), these charges are there because we charge the lowest rates, such as a $9 plan Unlimited Canada Wide, surely we cannot cover the cost of having a phone number and provide 911 access in $9 a month. There is no cell phone company that provides a $9 plan unlimited Canada wide with Coverage on the Bell Network across Canada. We have been charging these fees for the past few years, and will be removing them, once our plans are better aligned to other carriers in Canada. These fees are usually accounted for in the prices carriers charge, as well the ones that charge less a month, give lesser coverage as well. We have the best coverage and the best prices, and continue to improve for the best possible experience for everyone.

Misc Charge...is not a charge we have.

kgill001gma
@rogers.com

kgill001gma to msnwireless

Anon

to msnwireless

Re: msn wireless

said by msnwireless:

@simply... You have been with us for two years now, and we are definitely the cheapest in Canada, we can bet on that. We have no contracts, and no credit checks. If payment is not made on time, service is suspended immediately, no question. You are charged a late payment charge (NSF) since we do give advance notification 10 days prior to the bill being due, on each and every call you do get reminder to pay your bill on time. If we had credit checks we would gladly provide you uninterrupted service, but we cannot do this at this time. No other Canadian company gives you constant reminders for 10 days straight, with a courtesy, SMS, as well. We put more money into our clients than any other company in Canada at our level, including the prepaid market. Any other Prepaid carrier, would remind you 2 or 3 times by SMS or a single phone call. But we do it for 10 days straight, each and every outgoing call, so if you make 1 call or 100 calls, you are reminded each time.

we have agents and stores across Canada. As well we have over 10,000 points of payment including website payment option available. More payment points than any other company in Canada. Any Canadian credit union or bank can take your payment, as well as Western Union locations.

We are not sure which plan you have, but your calls must route through our network as you know. If your calls route through the BELL network it costs money, considered roaming, by using unauthorized phones, that are not sold by us or provided by us, you need to update your settings, when you change your handset, manually. Also, if you have a local plan...as we only have two plans, either you have a local plan for the city in which you live, or you have a Canada wide plan, its very simple.

Please contact us directly, and if you are dissatisfied with customer service, you are most welcome to drop by any store location that may be close to you.

Our handsets are low-end feature phones, our focus has always been on the small medium business, owner operators, truckers, plumbers, trades people love our phones, ZTE and Huawei is our manufacturing partner and we have been selling our phones for years, they last longer than any other leading brands out there for the purpose they were built for. We focus on Voice Calls and SMS and these handsets serve the purpose of the majority of our clients.

Such a loyal customer such as yourself should not have to go through so much. Still if you wish to cancel service, please contact us directly so that we can help you get rid of your misery.

@Paolo is right, you do pay for what you get, and we provide the BEST coverage, at the BEST price, we focus on SELF SERVICE, we have a client portal where you can see all your bills, call logs and etc.

We have just partnered up with Walmart Canada, and you should see us in more places soon.

We are also working on high end smart phones, please keep checking back with us and once we have them available, you may look to purchase.

Thanks

we have a client portal where you can see all your bills, call logs and etc.

I'm just wondering where the client portal is. I have tried registering but the link does not work and I am unable to view my bill....please help.
msnwireless
canada

msnwireless

we have just updated our website in September 2012. Please go to www.msnwireless.com, scroll down on the right hand side you will see username and password.

If you do not have one, please call 4167459900 and they can provide this information to you.

Enjoy!

Tony561
@distributel.net

Tony561

Anon

I have been with the company from past one year. Good experience till now.....Good network at low prices..Had been paying above $100.00 to others before I came across them and started my savings. I just pay $25.00 a month for everything.

andrej
@acanac.net

andrej to msnwireless

Anon

to msnwireless
does your data include lte?
msnwireless
canada

msnwireless

Yes we have LTE.