EUS
Kill cancer
Premium
join:2002-09-10
canada
Reviews:
·voip.ms

[Weather] Non-winter

Usually at this time of year firing up the grill would be a monumental task. By now the snow on the deck should be 4', and packed down making digging out the grill next to impossible. If i did manage to dig it out, the outdoor temperature would make it a very long cooking process, so i usually do not grill between Jan, and Mar.
Saturday it hits me that not only is there absolutely no snow on the deck, the temperature is hovering @ 0.
Get the tank, drive around until I find a place that will refill, as CT does not do same day refills off season where I live.
Long story short, BBQ zucchini, and burgers were had on Saturday.
It was so good.
Damn fine winter we're having.
--
~ Project Hope ~

Juggernaut
Irreverent or irrelevant?
Premium
join:2006-09-05
Kelowna, BC
kudos:2
Well, let's hope we don't pay for it somehow this summer, eh? Always makes me a bit nervous when the winter is like this. Seems to turn blazing hot, and drier than a popcorn fart, or wet and miserable.

That said, I have a covered deck, so I grill anytime. Just couldn't do a steak, burgers, or ribs any other way. It would be sacrilege!

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
said by Juggernaut:

That said, I have a covered deck, so I grill anytime. Just couldn't do a steak, burgers, or ribs any other way. It would be sacrilege!

I BBQ year round. The grill isn't in a covered spot (somewhat protected) but it's just part of the shoveling duty. I clear a path to the woodpile and past the BBQ when it snows. Well, most years, not this one.

Wolfie00
My dog is an elitist
Premium
join:2005-03-12
kudos:8
reply to EUS
Highs for the next 4 days in the Toronto area: +4 +3 +6 +3. And it's supposed to rain. That should pretty much take care of any snow that might be around (we got a couple of cm's a few days ago where I am -- that was the most snow so far this winter, and I still haven't used the snow shovel yet!).

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in
Reviews:
·VMedia
said by Wolfie00:

Highs for the next 4 days in the Toronto area: +4 +3 +6 +3. And it's supposed to rain. That should pretty much take care of any snow that might be around (we got a couple of cm's a few days ago where I am -- that was the most snow so far this winter, and I still haven't used the snow shovel yet!).

I had to use mine twice, then cursed myself when it all melted the day after.

Well at least municipalities are saving a bundle on snow removal costs.
--
No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake.......

A Lurker
that's Ms Lurker btw
Premium
join:2007-10-27
Wellington N
said by elwoodblues:

Well at least municipalities are saving a bundle on snow removal costs.

I wonder if they do. I'd guess that they need to keep a crew on standby, snow or not. It would be a lose / lose situation. Don't pay people and it snows - you're screwed as you scramble to find employees. Pay people and it doesn't snow and people will complain about it.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Juggernaut
said by Juggernaut:

Well, let's hope we don't pay for it somehow this summer, eh? Always makes me a bit nervous when the winter is like this. Seems to turn blazing hot, and drier than a popcorn fart, or wet and miserable.

According to the meteorologists, seasons do not predict the following season. Our last two weeks have been and will be close to normal...of course, w/o below normal temperatures, which would be normal, and 2 or 3 feet of the usual snow as well as 10-15 snow banks, it's going to be all grass before March.

It will probably be close to normal. It will be either hotter or colder or normal temperature wise and drier or wetter or normal precip. I guarantee that.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

highwire2007

join:2008-05-17
Nepean, ON
reply to EUS
Here in south Ottawa it seems like we had more freezing rain than snow this winter. The snow that we did get has been (mostly) staying around since late December, because it's been about 10 degrees colder in Ottawa than Toronto.

Much of my driveway (laneway to Ottawa folks) is still covered by an inch of solid ice.

ruddypict

join:2010-03-24
reply to A Lurker
said by A Lurker:

I BBQ year round. The grill isn't in a covered spot (somewhat protected) but it's just part of the shoveling duty. I clear a path to the woodpile and past the BBQ when it snows. Well, most years, not this one.

Same here. Well, I tried getting a Grillzebo to keep things going year round. You still have to clear the snow off the top of it, which is just as much work as digging out the BBQ. I find thinking of steak helps when clearing BBQ snow.