uniqs

msmisfit
join:2004-09-13
Atlanta, GA
ARRIS SB6121
Netgear WNDR3800

msmisfit

[WIN7] 2/16/12 Win7 updates (9) lost network connection

Have a 2 wk. old Gateway NV57H57U laptop that has had 87 updates in the last two weeks. Something in the 9 updates installed on the 16th broke my network connection, so after spending a day trying to find out which one it might have been, I gave up and restored Win7 back to the 8th.

That gave me back my internet connection, but now I don't know what to do about all of these updates waiting to be downloaded. [I stopped them from automatically installing before I restored.] I am totally unfamiliar with Win7, which adds to my problems.

Has anyone had any problems with 2/16 updates to help me find the one I need to skip... or whatever? TIA... for any responses.

jaa
Premium Member
join:2000-06-13

jaa

Premium Member

No problems here. Try installing them one at a time if you want.

msmisfit
Atlanta, GA
ARRIS SB6121
Netgear WNDR3800

msmisfit

That's what I guessed I might have to do, but I am so afraid of checking something that is going to cause them all to download.

[ I am also cursed with one of these laptops that if you touch it anywhere near... the touchpad, the cursor goes wild. ]

Thanks for your response.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium Member
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC

Pentangle

Premium Member

Get yourself a wireless mouse. You'll never have to go near the touchpad again.

msmisfit
Atlanta, GA

msmisfit

Do they work with any brand pc and configuration?

What do they cost?

alt2541
join:2001-12-31

alt2541

»www.newegg.com/Product/P ··· 26104366

office depot and wally world have this---u never have to remove the nano receiver its so small....should work with all flavors.

msmisfit
Atlanta, GA
ARRIS SB6121
Netgear WNDR3800

msmisfit

Thanks! Lots of good reviews on it too.

I'm saving this to check the compatibility with my touchpad. If I can't change the software enough to use this touchpad, I'll have to do something. It's entirely too sensitive now.
msmisfit

1 edit

msmisfit

I want to do a backup before trying these update installs [and uninstalls], and I have a Maxtor Mini III, One Touch external hard drive, I hoped I could use temporarily.

It presently has Acronis True Image on it and backups for my XP desktop, which I no longer need. Will it be recognized by Win7, or do I have to use my desktop to delete everything on the drive before using it with the laptop? Or can I even format it for Win7?
And where would I go to find out how to do that? Forgot to say this is an old drive.

I know I'm pushing my luck asking all these O/T questions, but I'm hoping someone will take pity on me. I've tried other sites with no response. TIA... if anyone has the time.
thewayitis
join:2005-12-13
usa

thewayitis

Have you tried resettings the touch pad in mouse properties? I unchecked all the boxes under multitouch gestures which helped go to each tab and play with the options.

msmisfit
Atlanta, GA
ARRIS SB6121
Netgear WNDR3800

msmisfit

I haven't tried UN-checking them all... before making the adjustments I have tried. Just adjusting the sensitivity has sometimes rendered it useless. I'll keep trying though. Thanks for the suggestion.

About the Maxtor hard drive, I was lucky and found that Seagate kept the support information at their web site for Maxtor legacy devices. So I will be able to use it, if I want to switch from an XP to a Win7 device.