mromero
Premium Member
join:2000-12-07
Fullerton, CA

mromero

Premium Member

[NBA] Greg Oden's Career Over

»espn.go.com/nba/story/_/ ··· fracture

this guy was picked over Kevin Durant if you don't remember...

dogma
XYZ
Premium Member
join:2002-08-15
Boulder City, NV

dogma

Premium Member

The Trailblazers are proud owners of 3 of the 5 worst draft picks in NBA History. The other two are:

LaRue Martin - No. 1 overall pick, Portland Trail Blazers, 1972
** Chosen over Julius Erving, Bob Mcadoo and Paul Westphal

Sam Bowie - No. 2 overall pick, Portland Trail Blazers, 1984
** Chosen over Michael Jordan, Charles Barkley, and John Stockton

pro7070
BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
Premium Member
join:2002-06-28
Inman, SC

pro7070 to mromero

Premium Member

to mromero
This isn't good for his career but the doctor in the article said nothing about career ending.

"Greg's still very young, in relative terms, for a professional basketball player. He's recovered from a couple of these before -- his last two microfracture lesions have healed fine," Buchanan said. "So there's no reason to think he couldn't come back as long as he shows the work ethic and desire that he's had in the past to come back. I think it's premature to speculate anything beyond that."

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to mromero

Premium Member

to mromero
He seemed like a good guy. I feel bad for the Blazers. Oden, Roy. Sad. Imagine though a healthy Roy and Durant. WoW, I would take that over Westbrick and Durant combo.

Del_Gue
join:2001-10-03
Lancaster, OH

Del_Gue to mromero

to mromero
Hindsight, ain't it wonderful?
Nobody could fault Portland as anyone who needed a big man would have been a fool not to have picked Oden. He could have "made" an NBA "franchise" if he would have stayed healthy. He completely dominated as a college freshman and took a very average team to the NCAA championship game.

Sadly I do believe his career is over, there is just something wrong with that body.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom to mromero

to mromero
That many fractures on different parts of the party will probably be found to be a genetic mutation as the cause.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

I think there's a simpler explanation. People with heavy bodies put more strain on their bones.

skrud
join:2002-05-19
Barrington, IL

skrud to mromero

to mromero
Guy has to have the most money "earned" per game then anybody.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by skrud:

Guy has to have the most money "earned" per game then anybody.

I always felt athletes should have a set minimum and then get paid based on their performance at the end of the season. Of course professional athletes will never go for it...