spc
uniqs
Aurock
join:2011-02-01
Silvis, IL

Aurock to k9iua6

to k9iua6

Re: [Cable TV] Cablecard pickup at office

I understand that interpretation, but reading the fcc faq page I linked to on this subject, it seems pretty clear that if the package price includes a STB, the company has to discount that package price for customers who don't take a STB and use cablecards instead.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Aurock, if you wouldn't mind sending me your account number or the phone number that is listed on it, I'd like to look a little further into this for you. There shouldn't be a reason that we can't package the offer with a CableCARD instead of a digital converter. Most of the time, the offer can be modified to include whatever equipment you would like. While it's true that a digital package plan requires equipment, there is nothing that states this HAS to be a dct. Send me your info and I'll see what's up and do what I can.
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6 to Aurock

to Aurock
It does look like you may have a case, although I am not sure that a renewal of a previous contract might still present them with a loop-hole on a grandfathered contract. I would suggest you do as MediacomChad now suggests, and provide him privately the information he needs so he can work this up through their channels. MediacomChad is one of the "good guys," so if something is possible, he is likely a person who can help you.
Aurock
join:2011-02-01
Silvis, IL

Aurock to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
Thanks, I just sent you a PM with the acct number.
Aurock

Aurock

Well, chad says he was able to get the cable card added into the package instead of the digital box. I'll watch for next month's bill, but it sounds like that's exactly what I would expect.

Thanks!
hdtv00
join:2003-06-13
Silvis, IL

hdtv00

Hey Aurock we live in same town Silvis. I been thinking lately too of cablecard option since the one is now $199 or less. How do you like your cards which ones you have and everything works fine huh.

That was my biggest fear dealing with local mediacom on getting cable card. These are the same people that told me when I paid my bill week early by date on the actual bill that I was late and now owed them $10 late fee. Unreal, but yea mediacomchad is the man he straightened that out for me when the local office was to utterly clueless or could care less to see how was it my fault the bill you sent said that date and by that date I paid early.

I've had awful luck with mediacom in regards to cable and phone which is why i only have net now. Wish I could get some package deal but every time I try they tell me some insane number per month. Same way I got screwed into paying $55 a month for internet, when 30 days later they're giving it out to everyone for $19.99.

Sorry for rant but love to know how your cable card/mediacom experience is going.