how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ScotcH
Premium
join:2009-02-09
Nepean, ON

[DSL] Down in Nepean Feb 20/21. No one noticed???

So was it just me, or what? My 25/7 DSL was down yesterday all day till about 9am this morning. Noone else noticed? What was the problem (with Bell, according to TS support)? A downtime of 12+ hours seems pretty significant to me. No mention of the TS network staus page either

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
If no one else mentioned it, it was probably just you. Line problem maybe or internal.

TSI Martin
Premium
join:2006-02-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:33
reply to ScotcH
There was an outage in Nepean, but issue should be resolved.

Please let me know if you're still having issues.

JCohen
Premium
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON
kudos:12
Reviews:
·Start Communicat..
·TekSavvy Cable
·Rogers Hi-Speed
said by TSI Martin:

There was an outage in Nepean, but issue should be resolved.

It must have only affected a handful of users than.

VenusFlytrap

join:2007-11-18
Canada
reply to ScotcH
I noticed. I called Teksavvy Support yesterday (noontime) to report the problem and again early this morning as it hadn't been fixed by that point. Hey, "ScotcH", did you call Teksavvy to complain? It helps if you do, so that they know there is a (serious) problem.

I was told by Teksavvy that a master ticket had been filed with Bell. In my case, my DSL modem would synch, but a gateway IP address wasn't been given to my modem -- resulting in not being able to get onto the internet. No idea if the flaw was on Bell's side or Teksavvy's. My computer was finally able to connect by around 10am today. Apparently the failure affected quite a few people. That's all I know. However, I agree a 12+ hour failure should get more attention on the network status page and/or better forewarning if repairs are to be made, rather than letting customers be in the dark.

ScotcH
Premium
join:2009-02-09
Nepean, ON
Yeah, I called twice. Last night and again this morning. Seems to be OK now, so I guess the issue is resolved. Very strange that this got no attention however!

toddsandrock0

join:2007-08-25
Ottawa, ON
reply to ScotcH
Yup...we were down in Manotick from 1 pm yesterday...called in and was told that there were authentication problems with Bell in Ottawa. Still not resolved this morning when I called at 6:50, and I was told about a master ticket being opened. Hope this is, as has been noted above, resolved now. I'm at work, but my wife had been hoping to telecommute this morning...no such luck.