share rss forum feed

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

join:2010-05-06
Kalimdor
kudos:2

[Cataclysm] Reforge Lite

Is an aswesome add-on.

If you don't use it, and ever need to reforge. I suggest picking it up.

Basically, you dl the add-on, go talk to the reforge master, set your stat weights (there are presets for each spec)and calculate the reforge (make sure things turn out how you plan), then click submit. And while you're standing there the add-on puts each piece of gear requiring a reforge into the window, selects the stat to drop/pick up, pays for it, and moves on to the next piece. It has settings that will allow you to reach a cap (hit for ex.) but not exceed it or set a threshold for the lowest number of a stat you would like. It's probably the most helpful add-on I've ever used, outside of obvious ones like DBM or Battleground Targets.

It really takes all the effort out of reforging. I really suggest it for people who are still collecting gear. Hell, its so simple, I even use it on my Enhancement Shaman that is leveling.

The only thing that would be better is if "they" made an addon that searched the AH for specified gems and enchants then retrieved them from the mailbox and socketed/enchanted your gear for you...any of you geniuses wanna give it a go?
--
Mcbrain, Goblin Shadow Priest, [Lock Down], Kil'Jaeden

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE
i use it as well, very customizable, put your own weights in and click go and bam youre done
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!
I've lost the bleeps, I've lost the creeps and I've lost the sweeps.

bpoff17

join:2009-03-31
reply to McBrain
So it Automates the reforging process? I thought Bliz had stopped add on's that automated things like that (vendoring grays, auto-releases, etc.)

This would be insanely helpful after upgrading a few pieces of gear and needing to reforge.

Thanks for the heads up!

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to cymraeg
Yup, on my priest I set the value for the maximum amount of haste I want, on top of the spell hit cap and regular presets. (I have to go over the 3202 plateau for my rotation to work out right since I get high latency playing on a PST server.)

For my shaman, I have expertise, and spell hit % caps set and toned down the value of haste while upping the value of mastery in the preset. It's pretty boss to be honest.
--

Nick D
Premium
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA
Is it quick to figure out caps, or does it just eat CPU for a while? I know sites like Wow-reforge.com go through every possible reforge combo more or less, which can take a while, but is optimal in the end.

Curious how in-game addons handle that level of processing (mostly because I don't know if Blizz has limits on how much CPU an addon can use).

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to bpoff17
Yeah man, it automates everything about the process...the only thing you have to do is go to the reforge dude and open the window.

It even tells you how much the reforge will cost you before you click submit.

The reason I got it is because I was always ending up like .5% over or under hit cap on my priest and I knew I could get closer, just didn't want to take the time and effort to see what I needed to swap around. This shit will get you within .01% of the cap if it doesn't hit it dead on. I'm pretty sure that I am at 1742 hit exactly on my priest, which it even will reforge shit to spirit first instead of hit if at all possible.

It really is an awesome addon.
--

stonhinge
Premium
join:2003-07-28
Topeka, KS
reply to bpoff17
As long as you're still clicking a button, you can have some things semi-automated. The closest thing I can think of in-game that similar is addons that scan the AH.

Personally, I don't reforge while leveling. Seems like a waste of gold. The large amount of hit/expertise you need is generally due to having mobs 3+ levels higher than you are (skull level). You need much less rating for anything closer to your level.
--
When the ship lifts, all bills are paid. No regrets.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to Nick D
It usually spits out the info in 5-10 seconds. More often than not 5 or less. It doesn't seem that bad.
--

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to stonhinge
It's ended up costing me about 50g per level. Not that big a deal, since it'll cost me ~250g from 80-85. I go to the reforge guy once I replace 5 or 6 items.

I made that off a blue BoE staff I got in my first BRC run at 80.
--

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
reply to McBrain
even if you dont use your own weights it has presets for you to use, class and spec specific, so if you mess up your weights and want to get back to even just click that and youre good
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

hsindogg
Premium
join:2002-06-21
Potomac, MD
reply to McBrain
You can also "lock" pieces from being re-reforged. For example, on my druid where I'm Balance and Resto, I lock a couple pieces to reforge Spirit to Haste. If I didn't, it would try to reforge around Hit/Spirit for Balance whereas I might want it for Resto.

Derlos

join:2009-10-28
Rigaud, QC
reply to McBrain
Sounds effin sweet. Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a whirl.

grekan12

join:2011-01-11
reply to McBrain
also remember that if you are just going to be doing hc dungeons and you play a ranged dps. Only 6% hit is needed because the bosses are level 87 and you can let the addon reforge the rest to useful stuff. (for LFR you still need 17%. (Please correct me if i'm wrong about these caps))

Can anyone enlighten me to how the hit caps change for a melee JUST doing hc dungeons?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by grekan12:

also remember that if you are just going to be doing hc dungeons and you play a ranged dps. Only 6% hit is needed because the bosses are level 87 and you can let the addon reforge the rest to useful stuff. (for LFR you still need 17%. (Please correct me if i'm wrong about these caps))

Can anyone enlighten me to how the hit caps change for a melee JUST doing hc dungeons?

in game, all you need to do is hover of your 'hit' in your paperdoll and see what your chance to miss on lvl85,86,87,88 is. Also, the 6% you quoted sounds like a physical/specials hit cap, whereas the 17% is a spell hit cap.
--
Immergruen (resto/kitty) on Nathrezim Server (US)
Guild leader for Pride and Ego
"You never truly know someone... until you fight them"

bTU

join:2009-04-22
Aurora, CO
reply to McBrain
I'll have to check this out. I always seem to have too much hit on my rogue. Since I only hit up BG's with him I only need 5% for special attacks to not miss an 85, but I always seem to mess something up and end up at either 4% or over 6%.

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
Rogues, for sub and muti need 17% because of poisons, they are considered spells, combat utilizes melee so the hit is 8%, all melee need minimum 8% with Fury warriors preferring around 14% for more white hits cause that is a major part of our DPS and rage regen, casters are at 17%, hunters are at 8% because our shots are considered physical damage, even stings.

tanking, hit doesnt matter for fuck all, someone else can give the healing hit totals.
--
Hen Wlad Fy Nhadau!

Immer
Gentleman
Premium
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Comcast
healers don't need hit. Smite healers use a glyph to make HF/Smite never miss.

Raiding tanks don't need hit... dungeon tanks need enough hit to keep AoE threat going. Taunt/interrupt can't miss... and the hit is only threat-relevant in the early stages of a fight. Vengeance takes care of the rest. So, if you want to improve snap-threat, you might want a little more hit/expertise... not really critical to "cap" them, tho.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to cymraeg
said by cymraeg:

all melee need minimum 8% with Fury warriors preferring around 14% for more white hits cause that is a major part of our DPS and rage regen

Enhancement Shaman need spell hit cap also (17%). Shocks are spells.
--

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
good point ty Mc i forgot about them.

drew
Automatic
Premium
join:2002-07-10
Port Orchard, WA
kudos:6
reply to McBrain
I downloaded Reforgenator the other night. That addon is pretty cool. It's "manual" in the sense you drag the pieces and select it youself, but it tells you what to do.

Because I'm in the same boat as hsindogg, I don't want any automated process as I guarantee I'll screw it up and eat the gold to reforge shared pieces unintentionally.

I like that Reforgenator cites its sources for stat weights. That's cool!
--
flickr | Of faith, power and glory

cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium
Dodge, NE
i just dont like reforginators ui, i like reforge lites ui, but thats just preference

McBrain
BRB Face Melting

Kalimdor
reply to cymraeg
Let's make a comprehensive list of specs and required hit % for those out there that want to know.

Here is what I know of melee:
Sub/Muti Rogues: 17%
Enh Shaman: 17%
Frost DKs: 17%
Fury Warriors: ~14%
Arms Warriors: 8%
Ret Paladins: 8%
Unholy DKs: 8%

As far as I know all casters need 17% spell hit cap. Except the aforementioned Atonement spec'ed Discipline Priest.
--