said by sparc:
Apple is going to wipe the floor with the rest of the sets simply because they care about the apps, user interface, and speed of the system.
Yeah, because Apple TV has just been wiping up the floor, why can't Apple do it with an Apple iHDTV. /sarcasm
How are they going to wipe up the competition?
- Are they going to revolutionize the UI/UX? They already have the interface with the Apple TV. Why wasn't it done for that already? It's not like the technology wasn't there.
- Are they going to make the TV thinner? There's already ultra thin displays in the market.
- Are they going to increase the size? There's already everything from ultra small to ultra large displays in the market.
- Are they going to make the resolution better? 1080p is the max anyone is going to use for some time and even that is confined to bluray discs.
- Are they going to have a 'retina display'? Useless when you are more then a few feet away.
If the rumors
are correct, paying a 350% premium for a 42" TV that you can talk to and wave your hand at sounds like guaranteed commercial success and how can it end badly? /sarcasm again