spc
Search similar:

uniqs
php111
join:2008-11-06
Allentown, PA

php111

How do I setup PrivateFirewall?

I would like to give a try with PrivateFirewall. Someone recommended it to me on a P2P site. He's into VPN's as well. I was reading about PFW, and I heard its an excellent Firewall. Is it really worth giving it a shot? I was over at the Wilderssecurity forum yesterday, and they told me to take an image of my drive for some time. I never took an image before putting on a firewall, or even AV. Does PFW act different where I need to take an image? Also, how long should I leave in Training Mode for? Will it tell me when it's done? Are there tutorials for tweaking it? Everyone gives a tweak. Are there anything like other uses posted up a tutorial?

Also, what free Private AV can go with this firewall?

psafux
Premium Member
join:2005-11-10

psafux

Premium Member

Would you like one of us to come over, bring some beer, install & configure it, teach you the ins and outs and provide free tech support for a year too?

Its always a good thing to have an image before doing anything drastic with your system. Corruption acts quickly and is sometimes irreperable once the damage is done.

The rest of your questions have debatable answers that are more of a matter of personal preference. If you don't get any specific answers from those who have used it, the internet will have a vast amount of data to sift through from others who have used it and have specific recommendations related to your specific questions.