Technicolor TC4400

2 recommendations

Dustyn

Premium Member

[Free] I/O Bit Advanced SystemCare 5 Pro

Today's Price: FREE
»giveaway.downloadcrew.com/
PRO version, worth $19.95, with 1-PC, 1-Year license
Advanced SystemCare 5 is IObit's latest "do everything" PC security, maintenance and optimisation suite.

The program divides its functions into four main sections. And the first, Quick Care, deals with rapid checks which you might want to run daily. A "Quick Malware Removal" scan checks for and removes any infections; the Privacy Sweep wipes various internet and activity histories; and there are tools to clean your Registry, delete junk files, and fix invalid shortcuts.

The second section, Deep Care, provides more thorough versions of the previous features, and introduces some new functions of its own. So there are tools to defrag your Registry and hard drive, optimise your PC boot time, detect and fix hard drive errors, spot missing Windows updates, and more.

The third section is the Toolbox, which includes more than 20 utilities with even more PC maintenance power. The IObit Uninstaller helps you properly remove applications, for instance; the File Shredder securely wipes confidential files so they can't be recovered; and there are tools to optimise your RAM and Internet connection, detect and fix common Windows problems, find duplicate files, remove deeply embedded malware infections, back up and update your drivers, and more.

And the fourth section, Turbo Boost, can temporarily turn off non-essential services and applications, delivering an extra performance boost when you need it most.

The major addition in this version is Active Boost, which optimises your application's RAM and CPU use in real time. Quick and Deep Care are also enhanced; Turbo Boost can recover more system resources than ever; the interface has been changed just a little, making the program easier to use, and new cloud technology allows Advanced SystemCare to respond more quickly to new malware outbreaks.

Please note, that the trial on this page will install as the Free version, which is limited in functionality compared to the PRO version. The PRO version ships with deeper cleansing, anti-malware support, automatic updates, no adverts and much more. You receive a PRO serial code after logging in.

Windows 7 (32 bit)
Windows 7 (64 bit)
Windows Vista (32 bit)
Windows Vista (64 bit)
Windows XP
Dustyn

Dustyn

Premium Member

Just under 25 minutes left at the time of this posting.
dsilvers
join:2009-05-17
Canyon Lake, TX

dsilvers

Is this the same I/O bit that was involved in the signature scandal with Malwarebytes. »www.pcmag.com/article2/0 ··· 4,00.asp
said by PC Mag :
Scandalous Signatures
During the course of this review I lost contact with IObit—The company's representatives simply stopped answering my e-mails. On investigation I learned that Malwarebytes had accused IObit of stealing malware signatures. Malwarebytes' case seemed airtight to me. Malwarebytes created a unique non-malicious test file in their labs and added a signature for that file to its database. Within days that same signature turned up in IObit's database.

On returning from its media blackout IObit denied this "calumniation" (their word) in an impressive polemic. Malwarebytes fired back a rebuttal. Who's right? I lean toward believing Malwarebytes, but it really doesn't matter. Wherever IObit got its signatures, my test results show that the company didn't put them to good use.
I followed the link from PC Mag and got »blog.iobit.com/advanced- ··· 166.html Appears to be the same animal. Anyway, not favorably reviewed there.
art22gg
Premium Member
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC

art22gg

Premium Member

Yes!....One and the same ......Not thought of as well here either...