spc
Search similar:

uniqs
marrr
join:2001-01-02
Bradenton, FL

1 edit

marrr

Has anyone else had this problem with the 8300HD??

At least a couple times a week the following stuff bounces up and down on the screen very little (enough to where it gives u a headache) - the guide, info screen, settings, any logos, text and scoreboards from sports. If i turn the power off and back on the problem is still there but when I unplug the box for 15 secs and plug it back in everything is back to normal. I know the other 8300HD box that is downstairs has the same problem but I dunno the frequency because I don't watch TV down there.

I never had this problem once when I had the Samsung box.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Marr the likelyhood of both boxes having this exact problem (a strange one at that) is slim to none. What is the make/model of the TV and what method are you using to connect to the boxes (component, hdmi...)
tim tim tim
join:2010-08-14
Lutz, FL

tim tim tim to marrr

to marrr
i have seen bad hdmi cables do it.. try using componet cables if possible to test
marrr
Bradenton, FL

marrr to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Marr the likelyhood of both boxes having this exact problem (a strange one at that) is slim to none. What is the make/model of the TV and what method are you using to connect to the boxes (component, hdmi...)

I'm not sure the last time the TV downstairs had the problem because the person who usually watches TV down there was gone for about a month. At first they thought it was the TV acting up but when I told them about the problem I was having they said it happens to them too.
Both tvs are connected via hdmi.
Tv in my room - Samsung LN-40B750
Tv downstairs - Samsung LN46C630

If we went to the place in Bradenton and requested Samsung boxes do you think they would give us a hard time??
said by tim tim tim:

i have seen bad hdmi cables do it.. try using componet cables if possible to test

I do have another hdmi cable that I use for my xbox360.. I don't think i have any componet cables laying around
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to marrr

Premium Member

to marrr
If the lobby has Samsung in stock they will try to comply with your request. You do have Cisco as an alternative.
dmd2
join:2012-02-22
Winter Springs, FL

dmd2 to marrr

to marrr
I didn't know if I should start a new thread or just reply here, but I also have an 8300HD and have just started experiencing what seems like the same problem.

When connected via an HDMI cable, the screen repeatedly bounces up and down slightly. It doesn't matter what I'm watching - all channels do it, the menus/guide do it, and the Mystro boot-up screen does it. I had an extra HDMI cable lying around, and that didn't fix the problem. I tried both HDMI cables on different HDMI ports on the TV, and that didn't make a difference, either. I then hooked it up using a component cable and while the jitter went away, the picture seemed to look worse and I had black bars at the top and bottom of HD channels.

I took a video of the problem and can post it somewhere, if needed.

What are my options? Thanks.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to marrr

Premium Member

to marrr
What make and model TV please....
dmd2
Winter Springs, FL

dmd2

Samsung UN46D6000
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to marrr

Premium Member

to marrr
Interesting... do me a favor and turn Game Mode on in your TV and see if it goes away.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to marrr

Premium Member

to marrr
Also and this goes for both of you please try a different HDMI port on the TV. You both have the same brand and model (or similar enough)...this is a very big hint.
dmd2
Winter Springs, FL

dmd2

It still does it in Game Mode. I've tried all four HDMI ports on the TV and the behavior is the same.

No idea if it matters, but I got both the TV and the cable box in December and everything has been fine up until today.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to marrr

Premium Member

to marrr
For what it's worth there have been no updates to our boxes recently that would cause this. I will do some checking tomorrow and hopefully have some additional ideas for you. In the meantime if you wish there is always the option of swapping the box out.
dmd2
Winter Springs, FL

dmd2

I just checked again and now the picture appears completely steady. Hopefully it was just a one-time thing. I'll post back if it happens again.
anamer
join:2011-11-03
Tampa, FL

anamer to marrr

to marrr
I have had this problem on occasion as well, also with a Samsung TV (Model # LN40D630). It hasn't happened as often once i switched which HDMI port i was using and now i can "fix" it by unplugging the HDMI for a bit and then plugging it back in. If that doesn't work i've had to unplug the DVR and let it reboot.

I've tried exchanging the DVR for another (another 8300 HDC) and the jittering still happens, although not often.

I have a 2nd Samsung (Model # LN32D403) that has never had this problem, but it has a Cisco 8642HDC.

The common thread seems to be Samsung, though. But maybe its an odd quirk when a Samsung TV is paired with an 8300HD?

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to marrr

Premium Member

to marrr
Interesting - I had this exact same issue at my parents house recently.

Here's what happened:

They purchased a brand new Sharp 70" LED TV. I got everything hooked up for them and turned everything on. I noticed the bouncing immediately. It happened on every screen including the guide, settings, etc. The box was hooked up via HDMI to the Sharp.

I ended up power cycling the box and that seemed to have fixed it. We also ended up swapping out the box because of other reasons and it was replaced with the latest Cisco box. So far, I haven't seen this issue occur with the Cisco.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to marrr

Premium Member

to marrr
I'm looking into this guys....keep the data coming
bighorn1
Premium Member
join:2004-06-19
BD, CA

bighorn1

Premium Member

Happens to me here and there.
8300HD, hooked via HDMI on Panasonic plasma.

The only thing which helps is rebooting the DVR.

Rich221976
I Want My Internet
join:2002-09-30
Orlando, FL

Rich221976 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
Hello,

I had the same issue about 2 weeks ago. Pressing and holding the power button to reboot did not fix it. I also had to unplug the box as well. I unplugged it about 1 minute, and then turned it back and the problem went away.

It has not reoccured since the powercycle.

Rich
marrr
Bradenton, FL

marrr

I'm surprised alot of other people are having the same problem.

I tried using a different hdmi port and it didn't fix anything. I also used a different cable and tried game mode.

I went today to exchange our boxes for 2 Samsung boxes but they didn't have any. The lady said the Samsung boxes are for whole house DVR and that we would have to wait 2 days to 4 months to get them. She took down our name and number , so I guess she is gonna give us a call when they have some in..
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to marrr

Premium Member

to marrr
But you didn't need Samsung why didn't you just accept a newer Cisco box? We have plenty...
marrr
Bradenton, FL

marrr

said by BHNtechXpert:

But you didn't need Samsung why didn't you just accept a newer Cisco box? We have plenty...

The lady at the desk never offered us the Cisco box, and I rather have the Samsung because of the stretched guide.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by marrr:

said by BHNtechXpert:

The lady at the desk never offered us the Cisco box, and I rather have the Samsung because of the stretched guide.

Samsung will be a tall order to fill right now. If you want open a direct forums thread here and I work on this for you.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to anamer

Premium Member

to anamer
Okay lets revisit this folks. I have my meeting tomorrow and I want to make sure I have all the details. Of those who see this problem do you see the problem on both HDMI and Component or just HDMI?
dmd2
Winter Springs, FL

dmd2

For me, it only happened with an HDMI connection.

It also hasn't happened again since my last post, so it's strange to say the least.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to marrr

Premium Member

to marrr
Interesting.... thank you for the update.
marrr
Bradenton, FL

1 edit

marrr to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Okay lets revisit this folks. I have my meeting tomorrow and I want to make sure I have all the details. Of those who see this problem do you see the problem on both HDMI and Component or just HDMI?

It happens to me on HDMI cables and I don't have any component cables so I can't try that.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to marrr

Premium Member

to marrr
Alright and thank you... This seems to have subsided whatever it was. Let me know if it returns.
anamer
join:2011-11-03
Tampa, FL

anamer

I've only experienced it with HDMI cables, but i don't have any component cables to test with.

It occurred for me again a few days ago.
marrr
Bradenton, FL

marrr to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Alright and thank you... This seems to have subsided whatever it was. Let me know if it returns.

I have had this happen to me at least 5 times since I made this thread.

I'm still waiting on a phone call for the Samsung boxes but I don't I'll even get one.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by marrr:

said by BHNtechXpert:

I have had this happen to me at least 5 times since I made this thread.

I'm still waiting on a phone call for the Samsung boxes but I don't I'll even get one.

Marr Samsung boxes are low availability at the moment. Your other option is a Cisco or to use component video.