how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Jade54

join:2012-01-14
Palm Harbor, FL

[Internet] Connecting with Lightning & Tubro

I have Lightning in one home and Tubro in another; both have wireless provided by the BHN Modems\Routers. When using my 2 Laptops in the House with Lightning, when the laptops are brought out of Sleep, I have no issues connecting with an Internet site....or running Outlook.

When I take the same Laptops to my Home with the Tubro Service, both Laptops coming out of Sleep....will not open an Internet site, I get the screen that says No Internet connection....check for issues..etc. After I close the Browser and re-open it, I Connect. I have tried waiting 30 seconds after the Laptops come out of Sleep....thinking it was a timing issue. That made no difference. I have to open the Browser. then close the browser...and on the 2nd opening I connect. Same thing with Outlook, 1st attempt after the Laptops come out of Sleep....I don't connect...I must close Outlook and re-open it...and all is fine. This issue is present when I connect the Laptops via ethernet....with the Tubro Service.

Again, both these Laptops at the Home with Lightning connect fine.... So why would I have this delayed connecting issue with the same Laptops with the Tubro service.

The Modem with Lighting is the Ubee DDW3611
The Modem with Tubro is the Ubee MTA...not sure Model Number.

Could it be the Security Protocol Settings. Not sure what the BHN tech set the Turbo MTA at, the Lightning is set WPA2-PSK (enabled)......Encryption AES. I am at the Home with Lightning and the reason I cannot provide the Security Protocol settings for the Tubo Service wireless.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:146

Each modem will connect and assign an IP to the connecting device at a different rate. Some slow...some fast. It sounds to me like you just aren't giving enough time for the DHCP assignment and windows to digest the change.

Jade54

join:2012-01-14
Palm Harbor, FL

So then the Turbo Modem is much slower than the Lightning Modem? I really have waited 30 seconds with the Tubro Modem....perhaps even a few times longer. Could it be the Ubee Turbo Modem has issues...and why it is so slow to acquire
the DHCP assignment, etc. What would be too long to wait that would perhaps indicate a issue with the Modem? I have never encountered this issue with the Lightning Modem.

BHNtechXpert
BHN Staff
Premium,VIP
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL
kudos:146
reply to Jade54

Jade it is possible that handshaking takes longer in the other devices. It's not uncommon nor is it a flaw...