uniqs

lolly
@myvzw.com

lolly to dwd

Anon

to dwd

Re: Suddenlink IS Bandwidth Capping

Hi,

As mush as I would like to agree with you, bandwidth is not unlimited it cost money to deliver bandwidth it is not free. It cost infrastructure dollars. Mainly as users are using more bandwidth it cost infrastructure dollars to upgrade existing cabling infrastructure and equipment. Companies cannot stay in business with their current models. Trust me the pigs will go to slaughter. It is unfortunate though that many of the cable companies are taking advantage of this. What you should know and realize is it is not free it does cost.

moldypickle
Premium Member
join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
ARRIS SB8200
Ubiquiti UDM-Pro
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-nanoHD

moldypickle

Premium Member

show me an isp that has a negative profit margin due to inf. costs. oh, there are none. every single company is currently turning an enormous profit. hmmm. and i'm quite positive that at a couple dollar PER YEAR bill increase to every member of their company, their current model is rather safe.

the only reason they would be losing money is that they are losing subs.

BiohazrD
@suddenlink.net

BiohazrD to lolly

Anon

to lolly
Yes actually, it is free. Bandwidth is not a physical resource that is depleted after so much use. The cables in the ground don't run out after so many gigabytes of transfer. The router doesn't need to be replaced if you've used it all up.

Yes there are infrastructure costs, but rather than continue to build said infrastructure to accomidate expanding usage, companies have pocketed everything and reinvested none of it.

In addition, telecoms got 200 billion dollars in federal subsidies to build broadband networks. That money came from taxes, those taxes came from my pocket. What did telecoms do with it? Pocketed it, and lobbied to remove the requirements that they deliver certain speeds of broadband to the country.